hairloss since puberty 17 years old

shoozy1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I have been experiencing hair loss since puberty.(13-14yo) rn i am 17 yo.
İ used topical minoxidil (It didn't work well during the time I used minoxidil.) , oral minoxidil(i had side effects then i quit). I am currently not doing any treatment. I'm thinking of using finasteride . What is the right age to use finasteride.

srry for my bed england

Last edited:

shoozy1

My Regimen
Reaction score
1649591939629.png
1649591949144.png
1649591956963.png
1649591964558.png
1649592012003.png

Last edited:

loner67

My Regimen
Reaction score
youre stupid to take hair loss meds when you dont have hair loss. go talk with a therapist and see a psychiatrist
He's not stupid as you can clearly see that he's diffuse thinning and his density is very low. Judging by those pictures his temples are also thinned out and he's probably headed towards NW3...
Hello, I have been experiencing hair loss since puberty.(13-14yo) rn i am 17 yo.
İ used topical minoxidil (It didn't work well during the time I used minoxidil.) , oral minoxidil(i had side effects then i quit). I am currently not doing any treatment. I'm thinking of using finasteride . What is the right age to use finasteride.

srry for my bed england
Do you know your family history? If you have grandparents on both sides that are bald, or a father who's bald(like NW5+)then you clearly have aggressive hairloss. Are you done growing? I know that most guys are done growing by 17 or so, the rest only grow a slight margin that doesn't really make a difference. You could try finasteride once you're 18 if you're already happy with your body... In the mean time there's shampoos and topicals that can help slow hairloss, though not by much I think.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I also started at 17 . Keep in mind that when you think " it don't work, cause I still have bald areas " it may be actually work. Regrowth will be hard, specially at the hair line . Use tretinoin plus minoxidil ( topical ) every night and Ketoconazole shampoo 2 % ( leave it in your scalp for at least 10 minutes before wash it , every single day ) . Give it 6 month before you stop or change anything .
Sorry to tell you kiddo, but you are now in a game that is not for luck of patience. It take time to see results.

shoozy1

My Regimen
Reaction score
He's not stupid as you can clearly see that he's diffuse thinning and his density is very low. Judging by those pictures his temples are also thinned out and he's probably headed towards NW3...

Do you know your family history? If you have grandparents on both sides that are bald, or a father who's bald(like NW5+)then you clearly have aggressive hairloss. Are you done growing? I know that most guys are done growing by 17 or so, the rest only grow a slight margin that doesn't really make a difference. You could try finasteride once you're 18 if you're already happy with your body... In the mean time there's shampoos and topicals that can help slow hairloss, though not by much I think.

thanks for answering my dad and grandpa's hair is Norwood 7-8 in my family.
As you said, I'm thinking of using Finanstreid, but the side effects of Finanstreid and the lack of other treatment scares me because I did not get a very good result with Minoxidil and is there a blood test that should be done before starting Finanstreide?

Last edited:

shoozy1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I also started at 17 . Keep in mind that when you think " it don't work, cause I still have bald areas " it may be actually work. Regrowth will be hard, specially at the hair line . Use tretinoin plus minoxidil ( topical ) every night and Ketoconazole shampoo 2 % ( leave it in your scalp for at least 10 minutes before wash it , every single day ) . Give it 6 month before you stop or change anything .
Sorry to tell you kiddo, but you are now in a game that is not for luck of patience. It take time to see results.
İ used minoxidil 1,5 year it didn't make any big changes to my hair and i got some sideeffect too like itchy and red scalp then I stopped using it

Feramon1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it possible to try zix + dermaroller or minoxidil + dermaroller? Add Omega 3 and Vitamin D

loner67

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for answering my dad and grandpa's hair is Norwood 7-8 in my family.
As you said, I'm thinking of using Finanstreid, but the side effects of Finanstreid and the lack of other treatment scares me because I did not get a very good result with Minoxidil and is there a blood test that should be done before starting Finanstreide?
NW8? Is there such a thing? lol..
I think this is what a NW7 would look like, it's considered the final stage of hairloss.

norwood-7.png

Regarding blood tests, you could definitely do a DHT test(dihydrotestosterone)which is the main culprit for why we lose hair. Each of us have different sensitivity to this hormone, so that's why you need to take finasteride to lower it. I don't think there's anything else worth doing, but someone else could correct me. It's good to know your baseline before taking it tho.. If you have both grandad and father who are completely bald then you need to act now if you care about your hair.
İ used minoxidil 1,5 year it didn't make any big changes to my hair and i got some sideeffect too like itchy and red scalp then I stopped using it
Yeah, most likely because you have high sensitivity to DHT and minoxidil doesn't help if you don't solve the internal cause.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stopped use it is a really bad idea. The red and itchy is not cause minoxidil , is cause propilen glycol, find a more friendly formula , like foam . Anyway, now you stopped the damage is done

mald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have pics of yourself from before puberty? Are you sure your hair isn't just naturally thin?