Hairloss Reminds Me My Youth Is Over

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 22 and nw3. Might as well invest in a walking stick.

elderly-personal-care.jpg

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some of us haven't basically had a youth.
When I was 19, I received the news I had "aggressive" Androgenetic Alopecia. I quote "aggressive" because I am unsure Androgenetic Alopecia can be defined "aggressive". It is not an external agent, as a virus, or even a tumor. A virus can be aggressive. With Androgenetic Alopecia, on the contrary, it is your own body that is maiming itself, with no apparent reason rather than wanting to make your life miserable and ridiculous.

You can imagine that, when your temples recede year after year, people think you are literally ten years older than you actually are.
You go to discos and realize everyone looks younger than you, even though you are younger than them. In the presence of women, your friends will "friendly" make jokes about your hair, to remind you of your own place in society: that of the people who have idiotic genes.

Then time elapses and helps you make some things right. But you have already missed the ruthless, thoughtless, sans-souci youth that most people enjoyed.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im super depressed

Getting a midlife crisis before 30

Basically i wasted my youth

Can anyone feel me?

Just about everyone here can feel you. Losing my youth is the worst part of this disease. If I live to be an old man, these years now will still hurt me.

I'm 22 and nw3. Might as well invest in a walking stick.

View attachment 73733

Better invest in a hair transplant. Start saving. Are you on finasteride?

Some of us haven't basically had a youth.
When I was 19, I received the news I had "aggressive" Androgenetic Alopecia. I quote "aggressive" because I am unsure Androgenetic Alopecia can be defined "aggressive". It is not an external agent, as a virus, or even a tumor. A virus can be aggressive. With Androgenetic Alopecia, on the contrary, it is your own body that is maiming itself, with no apparent reason rather than wanting to make your life miserable and ridiculous.

You can imagine that, when your temples recede year after year, people think you are literally ten years older than you actually are.
You go to discos and realize everyone looks younger than you, even though you are younger than them. In the presence of women, your friends will "friendly" make jokes about your hair, to remind you of your own place in society: that of the people who have idiotic genes.

Then time elapses and helps you make some things right. But you have already missed the ruthless, thoughtless, sans-souci youth that most people enjoyed.

*Wipes tears*
So true.

The worst part is that you are at a lower place in the social and sexual scale....and are constantly given "kind" reminders.

When I was good looking, I could be myself and have fun. Now, if I say something even slightly playful, I'm "offensive" to the women around me.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
*Wipes tears*
So true.

The worst part is that you are at a lower place in the social and sexual scale....and are constantly given "kind" reminders.

When I was good looking, I could be myself and have fun. Now, if I say something even slightly playful, I'm "offensive" to the women around me.
I have a theory about this.
When you are young and want to get to know new broads, you need to be sure there is nothing that they can misjudge / tease / attack you for (this is especially important when women are in a group).

In fact, what does a person do as a first thing when they want to do something of importance? They comb their hair with their hands, they check their shirt has no spot :)

When you are balding, you cannot have the certainty that there is nothing wrong with you. Because it is right there on top of your head... :)

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My summer of 2009 was so full of hope, I spent the holidays in France with my new friends from university and you had that careless youth feeling, just drinking, fooling around, having a good time.

The funny thing is that as I was enjoying those moments, I already had my diagnosis (on June 12th 2009) but of course I was in denial, until the 4th of September (funny how I remember the dates so clearly), when one of my new (female) friends just casually said, as I was drunk on the sofa:

"Bear, you're becoming bald?!"

That was the end of my youth right there. I was 19.
I don't know why women can't shut the f*** up in situations like this. I feel like they ruin people's moods on purpose. Like why you have to say something like this and make someone ashamed, embarrassed and insecure and overall feeling like worthless sh*t ? They already know and aware of the sh*t that they're going through, so they don't need to be reminded of it even when they are having some fun to cope with their shitty lives.

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stay on it. Come back a year or two later with your flowing locks to thank me.

I hope it does, my hairline is still receding even when I was on 1mg but I've heard 0.5mg is nearly as good at maintaining. I guess I've not been on finasteride long enough to notice an effect.

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No

you haven't. give it AT LEAST 12 months, though it can take longer.

My borther's been on it for around 5 months now and his crown looks thicker. Doesn't even look like he has hairloss when his hair's dry.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is so sad. Ther's a saying - "you're only as old as you feel". It's meant to be a positive saying to make people feel better about getting older but try telling that to a young guy with hairloss :(.