Hairloss Prevention While On Steroids

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know this is a niche subject and will not be relevant for most but I wanted to create a thread for this

I’m doing a cycle of 350mg Test per week and initially my shedding was like 400 hairs per day. I slightly lowered my dose of Arimidex and added a topical anti androgen (not ru) and now my shedding is like 70-100 per day at most. Very manageable and no itch either

I also been using topical finasteride for like a whole year now.

I’m still losing ground I think but very slightly and the trade off in libido and gains is worth it for me at this point if I only lose as little hair as I’m losing now. Still borderline nw1.4

Anyone else do cycles while managing hairloss

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I came off steroids to get my hair back, and instead it got even worse. The shedding during PCT is so severe that it completely wrecks your hair.
What topical AA are you using? Where are you getting topical finasteride from?
Arimidex is a sh*t aromatase inhibitor and its crazy strong. I would stick to aromasin or even nolva if i was you. If you can manage your test dose without AI, do it. I personally can manage 250mg without AI just fine
Did your shedding increase after you started the cycle? By how much?
I want to go back to low dose steroids. Everything in my life went to sh*t after stopping. My hair got wrecked, i lost my gains, my motivation for women and relationships. Dick is dead for the past 10 months.
I was much happier with boulder shoulders and some slight thinning on top of my head. Next time i start pinning again, ill make gains, drop down to 100mg per week and never come off.
Be careful about PCT dude. Its going to f*** your hair more than any test in the world

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Adex is a lot better for hair than nolva or asin.

my shedding did go up but only by like 10-30% when using topical oh-f. When I crash my e my shedding goes through the roof. That’s probably what happened to you when you were coming off.

I’ve been using HCG on cycle the whole time so when I come off it’s going to be a very quick and easy recovery for me. Also using test P for thsi reason.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Adex is a lot better for hair than nolva or asin.

my shedding did go up but only by like 10-30% when using topical oh-f. When I crash my e my shedding goes through the roof. That’s probably what happened to you when you were coming off.

I’ve been using HCG on cycle the whole time so when I come off it’s going to be a very quick and easy recovery for me. Also using test P for thsi reason.
I wish people would stop believing this about HCG. While it helps, its not doing what you think it does.
Also using HCG for a long time is dangerious for your Leydig cells bro. You could wreck your natural testosterone production for a long time if you are not careful. Dont do that.
I used every PCT medication under the sun when i came off, including weeks of HCG before and after i stopped pinning. You can only speed up the recovery to a certain point. Its going to suck either either way bro. Unless you are genetically gifted.
Using P doesnt mean anything either. It just means its going to leave your system sooner than E would. The recovery is going to take just as long as it would with a longer ester. You are shutting down your testes just as hard as any other ester would

Either way, im not here to discuss steroids. What topical AAs are you using? What makes you think adex is better for your hair? What does oh-f mean?
Yes crashing your E2 is really bad for hair. Thats why i used to stay away from AIs if i was able to tolerate the testosterone dosage without getting gyno.

Last edited:

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish people would stop believing this about HCG. While it helps, its not doing what you think it does.
Also using HCG for a long time is dangerious for your Leydig cells bro. You could wreck your natural testosterone production for a long time if you are not careful. Dont do that.
I used every PCT medication under the sun when i came off, including weeks of HCG before and after i stopped pinning. You can only speed up the recovery to a certain point. Its going to suck either either way bro. Unless you are genetically gifted.
Using P doesnt mean anything either. It just means its going to leave your system sooner than E would. The recovery is going to take just as long as it would with a longer ester. You are shutting down your testes just as hard as any other ester would

Either way, im not here to discuss steroids. What topical AAs are you using? What makes you think adex is better for your hair? What does oh-f mean?
Yes crashing your E2 is really bad for hair. Thats why i used to stay away from AIs if i was able to tolerate the testosterone dosage without getting gyno.

No disrespect but you are misinformed bro. 500mcg of HCG doesn’t desinsitize you

I guess we’ll see in 4-5 weeks when I come off who’s right

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, as i said i dont really want to discuss steroids. Its an endless discussion that leads nowhere.
Can you try answering the rest of my questions?

I use oh-f. hydroxyflutamide, the active metabolite of flutamide. Theres a thread on it here

Adex is better for hair because it is a competitive and non suicidal inhibitor of Aromatase. Due to its lower binding affinity it binds to aromatase in the central organs and tissues at a higher rate than in the peripheral areas of the body where it is present at lower concentrations

Using Test P means that I can do shorter cycles and not wait 4 weeks for it clear my system. Using 500mcg HCG eod only boost intra testicual testosterone by about 10% according to studies so it's very close to your natural production of testosterone. Probably even lower cuz those studies were done on low T men who were prescribed TRT I believe.

Yea my hair and especially my skin looked better without using Adex but I started getting puffy nips and dead dick so high E symptoms weren't worth it for me.

Any other questions you had man?

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm looking into this as well

Why not try a lower dose of test. You can get extremely good results with just 100-150mg a week and probably safe a lot of your hair.

I have been on topical finasteride as well for a year now. It does work.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm looking into this as well

Why not try a lower dose of test. You can get extremely good results with just 100-150mg a week and probably safe a lot of your hair.

I have been on topical finasteride as well for a year now. It does work.
Depends what you consider "extremely good results". Full blown steroid cycles are underwhelming for most people, because they just overestimate how much gains you can make on 16weeks of 500mg. 100-150mg would put most people at maybe 800-1200 ng/dl depending on the person. That isnt alot.

@hemingway_the_mercenary How long are your cycyles? Do you plan to do several cycles in the future? Look out for the PCT shed. As i said earlier, it decimated my hair more than literally 2 years of BnC. But i guess that isnt comparable to shorter, actual cycles.
Not much i can add to that. I noticed when i cutted too fast i shedded alot of hair. But im sure thats obvious to you.
I started using oral castor oil some time ago and that was the first time since starting hairloss treatment that i actually saw results. There was another guy who did the same and he said the castor oil negated his steroid induced hairloss and reduced the shedding to a minimum.
It makes sense considering its a metabolyte of PGE2 (PGE2ep3) and it does send hairs into the anagen phase, evident by the fact it made my dead vellus hair grow after just 2 weeks. Something needling + 10 months of dutasteride didnt acheive.
Might wanna try it out. Im using a big dose though. 5ml every morning and evening, after a meal

Adam Feltus

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am wanting to look into this also, im wanting to get back on Test but first looking for a good topical dht blocker. I am on finasteride 1 mg but finasteride wont stop straight dht derived steroids as finasteride only stops the conversion am i correct with this ? This is why i want a topical DHT blocker, your thoughts and suggestions would be great, also im on oral minoxidil.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am wanting to look into this also, im wanting to get back on Test but first looking for a good topical dht blocker. I am on finasteride 1 mg but finasteride wont stop straight dht derived steroids as finasteride only stops the conversion am i correct with this ? This is why i want a topical DHT blocker, your thoughts and suggestions would be great, also im on oral minoxidil.
Most "anti-DHT" substances prevent the conversion instead of actually blocking DHT. What you need is an overall anti-androgen for your scalp.
You are playing with fire bro. Using DHT based compounds and fighting hairloss at the same time. Just stick to test, slap every topical you can find on your scalp. As we dont have easy to get super powerful topical anti-androgens, i would simply use as many as possible and hope it works. I made a list some time ago for this situation: Maybe it helps you.

-copper solution topically: https://www.vitabay.net/kolloidales...F8yX9Abf1e7GWVJ6VolHxG97chCdo32RoCQigQAvD_BwE
-zinc solution topically: https://www.amazon.de/Kolloidales-Z...pfer+lösung&qid=1574191581&s=drugstore&sr=1-5
-b6 solution topically: https://de.iherb.com/pr/Carlson-Lab...mCqBJew8K8O379yhyqhoCkv0QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

-maybe topical pumpkin seed oil dilluted in DMSO
-pantostin topically 3ml per day https://www.amazon.de/MERZ-Pharmace...tin&qid=1574195897&s=drugstore&sr=1-1-catcorr
- oral and topical castor oil
- oral minoxidil if things go south
- stemoxydine 3ml per day https://www.amazon.de/Garnier-Fruct...ywords=garnier+fructis&qid=1574354570&sr=8-13
- RU58841 topically if possible
- topical finasteride
- MAYBE oral finasteride if sides are tolerable
- topical ketoconazle solution (terzolin) https://shop.apotal.de/product?artn...5tWZY-DOmFbatzohWOBrwwQdJJVrx4i8aAs_YEALw_wcB
- topical miconazol https://www.amazon.de/Castellani-mi...ŽÕÑ&keywords=miconazol&qid=1574355838&sr=8-12

Last edited:

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would add topical dutasteride and dutasteride injections as number 1

My question is, shouldn't test resolve most finasteride sides?

Libido, etc..

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would add topical dutasteride and dutasteride injections as number 1

My question is, shouldn't test resolve most finasteride sides?

Libido, etc..
It should. Depending on how much test you take and how the finasteride effects you. When i was on test i tried out finasteride for a short time and immediately noticed the side effects

Adam Feltus

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most "anti-DHT" substances prevent the conversion instead of actually blocking DHT. What you need is an overall anti-androgen for your scalp.
You are playing with fire bro. Using DHT based compounds and fighting hairloss at the same time. Just stick to test, slap every topical you can find on your scalp. As we dont have easy to get super powerful topical anti-androgens, i would simply use as many as possible and hope it works. I made a list some time ago for this situation: Maybe it helps you.

-copper solution topically: https://www.vitabay.net/kolloidales...F8yX9Abf1e7GWVJ6VolHxG97chCdo32RoCQigQAvD_BwE
-zinc solution topically: https://www.amazon.de/Kolloidales-Z...pfer+lösung&qid=1574191581&s=drugstore&sr=1-5
-b6 solution topically: https://de.iherb.com/pr/Carlson-Lab...mCqBJew8K8O379yhyqhoCkv0QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

-maybe topical pumpkin seed oil dilluted in DMSO
-pantostin topically 3ml per day https://www.amazon.de/MERZ-Pharmace...tin&qid=1574195897&s=drugstore&sr=1-1-catcorr
- oral and topical castor oil
- oral minoxidil if things go south
- stemoxydine 3ml per day https://www.amazon.de/Garnier-Fruct...ywords=garnier+fructis&qid=1574354570&sr=8-13
- RU58841 topically if possible
- topical finasteride
- MAYBE oral finasteride if sides are tolerable
- topical ketoconazle solution (terzolin) https://shop.apotal.de/product?artn...5tWZY-DOmFbatzohWOBrwwQdJJVrx4i8aAs_YEALw_wcB
- topical miconazol https://www.amazon.de/Castellani-mi...ŽÕÑ&keywords=miconazol&qid=1574355838&sr=8-12

Moosey
Thanks heaps for this list man, I have a list of oils that i want to put in my hair everyday and leave in (for general hair health and possibly grow thicker crown) i also already take vit a b c d e zinc iron niacin and Keto . Im in Australia and seems hard to even get topical finasteride and RU but i will speak to a compound pharma about top finasteride. What the deal with castor oil ? and why dilute pumpkin seed oil in DMSO ?
Ledge!!!
Thanks

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Moosey
Thanks heaps for this list man, I have a list of oils that i want to put in my hair everyday and leave in (for general hair health and possibly grow thicker crown) i also already take vit a b c d e zinc iron niacin and Keto . Im in Australia and seems hard to even get topical finasteride and RU but i will speak to a compound pharma about top finasteride. What the deal with castor oil ? and why dilute pumpkin seed oil in DMSO ?
Ledge!!!
Thanks
Everything is hard to get in aus lol.
castor oil is a weak growth agonist.
DMSO heavily enhances the absorption of the oils

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Short update: Its been 1 month now on 250mg of Test Decanoate, with a 750mg frontload on the first day.
Zero change in my shedding behaviour, my hair still looks just as good as it did before. Ill make more updates if something happens

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You will see the dangers of roids to your hairs after 2-3 months.
The best prevention is to use 2,5mg duta + ru + spironolactone + keto + minoxidil. Duta and ru are the most important.
You can just use test. Because the others steroids like stanozolol or dianabol are dht derivates and dont need to get converted.
Its important also to use tamoxifen for gyno because with the high testo and low dht the estrogens go really high.
However, i think if you are prone to male pattern baldness and you care about your hairs the steroids use is a suicide.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using Topical Dutasteride. Dermarolling it twice a month at 2mm
Completely stopped the shedding and no sides.
For vasodilatation (potassium channels) you can use either a Led Laser Cap, Topical Minoxidil or Oral Minoxidil (5mg, Loniten)
For vitamins you neen Glutathione and Zinc+B6 and Biotin.
For inflamation the dermarolling takes care of that as well. PRP is also good for this

Remember, AA is a 4 way street and cause by inflammation which is caused by DHT, blood floow, vitamins and inflammation.

This is my regime with no Test. No oral anti-androgens. It works.

If I were to go on test, I would start at 100-150mg a week to get to upper side within normal range, workout hard and keep my hair.

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I shed loads on test. Turinabol is your safest bet. Maybe adding 62.5/125mg Test to it to not get you moody.

in regarss to PCT, I always used to shed more and my hair would look worse afterwards even though shedding decreased. I used to go for Clomid/Nolva.

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It should. Depending on how much test you take and how the finasteride effects you. When i was on test i tried out finasteride for a short time and immediately noticed the side effects

yeah - I still got sides too when taking finasteride and T.
Have you tried topical finasteride?