Hairloss Makes You Look So Much Older

Nuntius

My Regimen
Reaction score
Am 58 and have very young skin and a good face. Balding has aged me. Have very little hair left, and it is thin and white. Went out today and wore a thin cotton beanie: winter weather so not alone. I felt human again. I caught a reflection of myself in a shop window and looked years younger. So this could become additive. But can I live my life under head gear? Well, millions of muslims and sikhs do, so perhaps I could get used to it. If you have cancer and lose all your hair people have sympathy if you then wear a chemo hat. But they don't seem to have the same level of sympathy if you are afflicted by the disease known as androgenic alopesia.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
I m 25 as well. I tried the application with different pictures of me always between 29 and 35. Then I made two picture right now. One with a hat hiding my hairline and one without a hat.

without hat: age 31 the average of all my tested pictures
with hat: age 23 (i do not have wrinkles and stuff)

So yeah according to that application my hairloss makes me appear 8 years older then I would look without hairloss and it makes me look 6 years older than i actually am.

So maybe OP is right xD
No that site is complete bullshit and way off. Sorry to disappoint.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No that site is complete bullshit and way off. Sorry to disappoint.
I know a little bit of pattern recognation and AI.
It depends on the training dataset how good the estimation is. And the estimation from this side seems pretty good on average. but obviously yung balding men were not in the traiing set. And i tried some asian photots and there it didn t work good to because it seems in the training set there weren t many asian people.

And my hairloss making me look 6 years older looking sounds legit.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know a little bit of pattern recognation and AI.
It depends on the training dataset how good the estimation is. And the estimation from this side seems pretty good on average. but obviously yung balding men were not in the traiing set. And i tried some asian photots and there it didn t work good to because it seems in the training set there weren t many asian people.

And my hairloss making me look 6 years older looking sounds legit.

The app doesn’t even look at your hairline, I got rated younger without hair.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The app doesn’t even look at your hairline, I got rated younger without hair.
It defenitly does.
Like i said i had two picture with the only difference the hat.

The training set could contain a lot of buzzed yunger people so the algorithm finds a conection between youth and buzzcut.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
It defenitly does.
Like i said i had two picture with the only difference the hat.

The training set could contain a lot of buzzed yunger people so the algorithm finds a conection between youth and buzzcut.

I really doubt it’s that advanced. I also got a 14 year difference for pictures from the same month.

LastSamurai

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not 30 yet but sometimes feel I look much older. It is indeed a terrible feeling. I seem to go through this weird cycle with hairloss. For the last few months, I was getting by with some haircuts that helped hide it. But I think the haircuts were down to luck mostly. I've been going to this hit and miss place. The woman there took of my sideburns completely, and just generally I felt like sh*t after going there, she has no f*****g idea.

There is nothing worse then as a balding man having your haircut by someone who doesn't really focus on what they're doing and you come out feeling short-changed. There is just one barber-shop I know in my city where the main barber there (a man) gives a sh*t about cutting hair and takes his time to give you a good cut. Most of them are just hairdressers by default, because they're too stupid to do anything else.

It hasn't completely taken my confidence. But it has definitely effected it. No sh*t I guess. But it makes me mad when I look in the mirror and I feel my face has this 'distortion', yet I can't place why exactly. It's maddening. I may try and go grow a beard again. That is the only thing that seems to make me feel less like some kind of Lord of the Rings Ork. I feel like a monster sometimes. The idea of having SMP feels a long way off at present. But ironically shaving down further seems to be the only answer longer term. It just kind of sucks waiting to have an opportune time to actually shave down and get SMP done, the idea of doing it whilst in the same job seems harder. It would definitely be easier to do so on a career break.

I also need to start working out more. I'm in relatively good shape, I play soccer once a week, and am fairly active. But I can't say I have a great body, and if I put some effort in down the gym I probably could start to get a good body. So, no excuses there. The thing I am understanding about the gym is that it's not just that muscles make us look more attractive. The key thing is that we start to internalise the confidence and self-belief in ourselves which translates into more success with women. Because right now, I often don't feel that confident. The muscles are not only good for women, but good for us when we are looking at ourselves in the mirror. Something we can feel good about, and it takes the sting of the hairloss.

blackg

Reaction score
I'm not 30 yet but sometimes feel I look much older. It is indeed a terrible feeling. I seem to go through this weird cycle with hairloss. For the last few months, I was getting by with some haircuts that helped hide it. But I think the haircuts were down to luck mostly. I've been going to this hit and miss place. The woman there took of my sideburns completely, and just generally I felt like sh*t after going there, she has no f*****g idea.

There is nothing worse then as a balding man having your haircut by someone who doesn't really focus on what they're doing and you come out feeling short-changed. There is just one barber-shop I know in my city where the main barber there (a man) gives a sh*t about cutting hair and takes his time to give you a good cut. Most of them are just hairdressers by default, because they're too stupid to do anything else.
Hey, this is a bit harsh!
I don't think that hairdressers are stupid people at all.
I've often had in depth conversations with various hairdressers over the years, back when I had a good head of hair, that is.

Besides, hair dressers have to spend a good 4 years at university before getting a class-A certificate in hair design.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
maybe you used a blurry photo? or filter
When I upload my pics I always get in the age range of 14-24 which I am happy about at 26 xD
lmao r u sure u r balding? no way u can get 14-24 if u r balding.

also jfl im getting 27-34 while being 25, its legitemately over for me

LastSamurai

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, this is a bit harsh!
I don't think that hairdressers are stupid people at all.
I've often had in depth conversations with various hairdressers over the years, back when I had a good head of hair, that is.

Besides, hair dressers have to spend a good 4 years at university before getting a class-A certificate in hair design.

You're right man. That was out of line. I was frustrated on the weekend because she didn't cut my hair in a mindful way. I'm not saying all hairdressers are the same or are stupid. I also end up chatting to them and they lose concentration. It's just extremely frustrating when you are getting haircuts in a bid to minimise your baldness, and the person cutting your hair isn't focused.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
wat hppnd? how did u go bald? ludwig scale? just diffuse all over? how is pair piece?
genetics and health issues fucked me over. thyroid+female pattern hair loss to be exact. I am diffuse but the back is pretty thick still, sides and top are very thin.
living with a hair piece is not fun, maintenance, fear, money, time, uncomfortable at times... but like I've always said on this forum: beats being bald :)

Toms

Established Member
Reaction score
It's actually not that bad when hair loss makes you look older. For example, at 19 y/o with NW1 I looked like I was 19. Now at 24 y/o and NW2-2,5 when I shave my beard I look like a 15 year old, but more like a retarded one. The big forehead gives me more of a kid appearance, making my facial features seem not-yet-developed.

Imagine being 24 and your life ruined by hair loss, yet people won't take you seriosly, because they don't even think you're in high school yet.

That's the reason I often just grow out my beard, which is somewhat ugly.