Hairloss made me drop out of University

KevinEdEddEddy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember this thread when I was lurking and it got scared me to death, because I see dropping out of university because of hairloss as something VERY realistic

We Move

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
TS might have been making this up tbh.

Though I do recall watching one of Harry's videos on Baldcafe not that long ago where a dude said he turned down a promising job or internship of some sort because of his hair. They were doing video conferences that were more like phone calls, but the next week everyone was going to have to turn their cameras on. The next day, he e-mailed them & quit. Dunno if I relayed that entirely accurately but it was something close to that.

Absolutely mental the snowball effect this can have on a person.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
TS might have been making this up tbh.

Though I do recall watching one of Harry's videos on Baldcafe not that long ago where a dude said he turned down a promising job or internship of some sort because of his hair. They were doing video conferences that were more like phone calls, but the next week everyone was going to have to turn their cameras on. The next day, he e-mailed them & quit. Dunno if I relayed that entirely accurately but it was something close to that.

Absolutely mental the snowball effect this can have on a person.
I stopped going out in public. I work from home with camera on but I angle the camera away from my hair.

The sad thing is, bald is never viewed as professional and balding is viewed as disgusting.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don’t put life on hold, wear a hat and f*ck the world. Replace the pain with something to be proud of. While finishing up my education I wore a hat. If I’m interviewed I will cover it up because I’m currently trying to fix it.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did the same as well. I decided to quit my university a few months ago after three years! I am 21 now. I couldn't handle the extra pressure from it, like projects, lessons, homework, and all that stuff. I couldn't cope anymore. Besides that, I made a great effort into reading about hair and searching so much about treatments, etc. I can't handle any other extra pressure, and I don't know what I will do next with my life. Hair loss is already too much for me, and it has destroyed me mentally, especially now that I am losing the results again. Simply unbearable.