Hairloss made me drop out of University

Gunnersup

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Title. Hairloss was too brutal for my mental health, ended up dropping out of University because of it. For every strand of hair that falls in the shower, I become .05% closer to suicide. Only a matter of time

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Title. Hairloss was too brutal for my mental health, ended up dropping out of University because of it. For every strand of hair that falls in the shower, I become .05% closer to suicide. Only a matter of time
Are you on finasteride?

Damn, just saw your regimen. Never mind. You’ll become stable soon enough I think, when did you start?

Last edited:

Gunnersup

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you on finasteride?

Damn, just saw your regimen. Never mind. You’ll become stable soon enough I think, when did you start?
About a month ago. It's just beginning to work. I have lichen Planopilaris + diffuse androgenetic alopecia

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
About a month ago. It's just beginning to work. I have lichen Planopilaris + diffuse androgenetic alopecia
If you also have androgenic alopecia, then you need to inhibit dht. You’re 19, so finasteride wouldn’t be a bad thing to start. I’ve heard it helps for LPP too. FFA is a form of LPP and 5a inhibitors help:

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hang in there , I get it and just know your not alone. It sucks and I am 53, very stressful but learn to appreciate other things.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah this thread is proof that hair loss is good for the economy(sarcasm). Well it was reported in one study that acne caused the economy to lose somewhere around billions. Hair loss in my opinion is worse than acne. You can’t regain the body part once it is gone forever but you can fade acne scars to some extent.

Mapleman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair loss at a young age is just a curse. It's debilitating even if you have a good headshape; "Hey skinhead!" "Why don't you grow your hair out?" "You have lots of hair." I have some hair, but if i grow it out to even an inch I have a complete horseshoe going on, that's what people don't get. It's f*****g hideous.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
wait holy sh*t. you're the one who made this thread? after seeing your full head my minds blown lol

you really dropped out of university because of your BDD/hair loss hallucination? :oops:

Gunnersup

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
wait holy sh*t. you're the one who made this thread? after seeing your full head my minds blown lol

you really dropped out of university because of your BDD/hair loss hallucination? :oops:
This is very real to me, I lose hundreds of hairs every shower. It's terrible

Gunnersup

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try using minoxidil if you’re not willing to go with finasteride. Minoxidil can slow or stop shedding
I'm already on oral minoxidil and I think it helped thicken it up, but the shedding is still very present. I'm on usually 2mg a day