Hairloss just makes it unable to plan your life or to enjoy anything

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone else with me? I just can't enjoy much of anything these days, the hairloss (+my other problems) and being pretty bald already just overshadows everything positive. I find it very hard to live in the moment and be care-free even for a moment or one night. I'm also unable to make any future plans 'cause there's this "what's the use in anything 'cause I won't probably ever be genuinely happy" that's constantly lurking in the back of my mind. This **** just makes day to day life so ****ing difficult... especially 'cause I also got every skin problem known to man besides hairloss.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

Or... You can get on treatment and stick with it , you got nothing to lose

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn troll, I was on finasteride for 1.5 yrs and it did nothing to my hairloss. Why the hell would I have stopped it if it had worked? Yes I got sides but I would've tolerated them had it only worked. Now I got only permanent sides but no gains.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
There are other treatmets. Worth a try.

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
hey man im with you there

im not gonna lie there isnt much that distracts me totally from hair loss, good songs, playing my favorite video games distract me a lot. i have to admit tho being ****ed up is one of the best distractions and almost all the time makes me totally forget about it(one of the best distractions from hair loss for me, if your not comfortable with it you don't have to do it)

i hate being a slave to rogaine, i always use to toy with the idea of living in the woods or running away or just living like jack from the titanic (homeless but basically on a constant adventure) but then reality sets in and i realize i wont be able to use treatments . . . . . . .

it forces you to be higher maintenance

i also can really really relate to the "splinter in your mind" feeling where you can never be 100% happy. at 19 and diffusing in an nw6 pattern, its extremely extremely extremely difficult, words can't describe.

as a hair loss bro the most i can say is DISTRACT yourself by any means necessary (within reason of course), NEVER look at the mirror unless necessary (say for applying rogaine), and do the things you enjoyed before hair loss, because i think it kind of tricks your mind into thinking you don't have it anymore at least for a time

B

Beingbaldsucksass

Damn troll, I was on finasteride for 1.5 yrs and it did nothing to my hairloss. Why the hell would I have stopped it if it had worked? Yes I got sides but I would've tolerated them had it only worked. Now I got only permanent sides but no gains.
You got Saborea dramatitis just like me, why dident you used nizoral? Flaking is pretty much the main reason for your loss

resu

Reaction score
I have seborrhea (scalp dandruff), it can aggravate things considerably, some hairs started to thicken after I buzzed my hair and washed it frequently, I can't have long hair because it's much harder to clean the scalp that way.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
You got Saborea dramatitis just like me, why dident you used nizoral? Flaking is pretty much the main reason for your loss

I have seborrheic dermatitis, not Saborea dramatitis lol. Nizoral doesn't work for me, makes the scalp burn like **** and flake twice as much.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

I have seborrheic dermatitis, not Saborea dramatitis lol. Nizoral doesn't work for me, makes the scalp burn like **** and flake twice as much.
Can't tell you mine is over compleatly but it got better since I started to wash my hair with shampoo daily and combine nizoral 3 days a week

Jeremy K

Reaction score
I hear ya. When my hairloss was at its worst in 2009, and into 2010, it just killed my spirit. I couldn't fully invest in anything emotionally, without the joy being sucked out due to hairloss. My favorite team won the World Series, but every time I would smile and celebrate, that little voice would sound off "but you're still losing your hair" and the smile would give way to a frown.

I also no longer found joy in my livelihood; music. I was no longer inspired to write, and started playing less frequently. I also spent many hours in isolation, because I didn't want to go to parties due to feeling dead inside. When I would give in and go, I would sit there and feel like an irrelevant antique as I'd look around and see all of the full heads of hair, and I'd remember going to parties at the same place years prior and some of those same people would be complimenting me on my hair, and now suddenly here I was envying their mane. I felt like the walking remnants of Jeremy, rather than a young and vibrant person as anyone in their mid 20s should.

There was also a girl that I had a crush on, but disqualified myself from making a move because she was a few years younger and I figured "what's the point" given the deteriorating state of my hair.

Also, at work, I'd sometimes hold my bladder in order to avoid going to the restroom where mirrors adorned the walls and were difficult to avoid.

Reaction score
Jeremy, you sound too depressed and it isn't necessary. You are getting bald but you do not have cancer or lost your legs. There are many people which are sick which want to be able and watch the favorite team in the world series and be able to jump up and celebrate. They would love to be in your position. You disqualified yourself for the girl because how you feel about your hair. That's a silly excuse for not moving a move. Or do you just feel bad about yourself? Get to the gym and get a good body and feel more confident on yourself.

On the other hand even with losing hair, being fat you can still be rich and that would make you hot for some woman ;)

images

Jeremy K

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure why I was singled out, but I can tell you that throughout that time, I was intent on fighting my hairloss, and even when it seemed hopeless, I refused to accept defeat, and living a compromised lifestyle where I had to alter my ideals to be happy.

2008-2010 were the worst years of my life, but those years spent "in isolation" were dedicated to fighting my hairloss. They were very tough emotionally, but have paid off and I am currently reaping the benefits.

Not only am I no longer depressed even though the effects of some of the residual emotional trauma remain, which I am still working on rectifying, but I have not lost any hair in 2 years, and furthermore have gained hair. My receded areas are less noticeable because my hair now grows in longer, darker, and thicker, and I have peach fuzz covering the bald spots, even though for the moment it is only superficial coverage as they can only be viewed in certain lighting.

With hairloss no longer plaguing my mind, my vitality has returned to me, and I feel reborn at 30. I honestly feel and look younger at 30 than I did at 25.

And beyond all of that, through the battle and the search for the treatment, it caused me to address certain lifestyle habits and choices, and I am far healthier now than I ever was.

So, in some weird twisted way, the hairloss was somewhat of a blessing as it not only likely increased my longevity, but it also enabled me to appreciate what I have to a much fuller extent, and not take things for granted which I did when I had an unbelievable head of hair in my late teens.

So while I tortured myself for a few years, it was worth it as opposed to just accepting it even though I had enough hair remaining to where I had a fighting chance, and I knew the window was limited before it was too late. Without addressing certain situations, I would've continued on the same path and continued to deteriorate physically. So my late 20s should've been some of the best years of my life, but they were sacrificed for longevity, and it has been worth it so far. It's just that at times things seemed bleak, and I wasn't sure that I'd ever find the solution, because I knew that the odds were against me, which everyone continued to remind me of.

I only replied to the OP because I sympathize and I can vividly recall the details of that time of my life.

And as for disqualifying myself from asking a girl out because of my hairloss, what I meant was that obviously my hair loss had effected my self-esteem adversely, and with feeling so dead inside, it certainly made me less personable, and thus, less than desirable.

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure why I was singled out, but I can tell you that throughout that time, I was intent on fighting my hairloss, and even when it seemed hopeless, I refused to accept defeat, and living a compromised lifestyle where I had to alter my ideals to be happy.

2008-2010 were the worst years of my life, but those years spent "in isolation" were dedicated to fighting my hairloss. They were very tough emotionally, but have paid off and I am currently reaping the benefits.

Not only am I no longer depressed even though the effects of some of the residual emotional trauma remain, which I am still working on rectifying, but I have not lost any hair in 2 years, and furthermore have gained hair. My receded areas are less noticeable because my hair now grows in longer, darker, and thicker, and I have peach fuzz covering the bald spots, even though for the moment it is only superficial coverage as they can only be viewed in certain lighting.

With hairloss no longer plaguing my mind, my vitality has returned to me, and I feel reborn at 30. I honestly feel and look younger at 30 than I did at 25.

And beyond all of that, through the battle and the search for the treatment, it caused me to address certain lifestyle habits and choices, and I am far healthier now than I ever was.

So, in some weird twisted way, the hairloss was somewhat of a blessing as it not only likely increased my longevity, but it also enabled me to appreciate what I have to a much fuller extent, and not take things for granted which I did when I had an unbelievable head of hair in my late teens.

So while I tortured myself for a few years, it was worth it as opposed to just accepting it even though I had enough hair remaining to where I had a fighting chance, and I knew the window was limited before it was too late. Without addressing certain situations, I would've continued on the same path and continued to deteriorate physically. So my late 20s should've been some of the best years of my life, but they were sacrificed for longevity, and it has been worth it so far. It's just that at times things seemed bleak, and I wasn't sure that I'd ever find the solution, because I knew that the odds were against me, which everyone continued to remind me of.

I only replied to the OP because I sympathize and I can vividly recall the details of that time of my life.

And as for disqualifying myself from asking a girl out because of my hairloss, what I meant was that obviously my hair loss had effected my self-esteem adversely, and with feeling so dead inside, it certainly made me less personable, and thus, less than desirable.

late 20s are supposed to be the best years of your life?

in general people say college age, about 18 to 25 are supposed to be the best years of your life

convenient since i started aggressively diffusing into an nw6 at 17 :D

yea i have absolutely ZERO sense of youth lol

i feel more 39 than 19

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

All_The_Above

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, in 10 years there will be a cure for this. Well, actually it will only be affordable for the super rich in 10 years. In 20 years, a permanent cure to hairloss should be affordable to most guys. Please hang in there.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
^^ Sure. Sure.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

How can I forgot about it when I have to put this rogaine **** x2 times a day, and it messes my hair badly, I'm a slave to this crap for LIFE

CaptainForehead

Reaction score