Hairloss is ruining my education!

G

Yeah, it is entirely true!

I am currently studying and trying to prepare for the upcoming exams. But I can´t, I am only thinking about my hair. one year ago (see the date when I joined) I was preparing for exams as well and realized I was losing it. I missed 3 out of 6 exams. then I had to take a whole semester off Uni. I was in a psychiatry and in a hospital because of my hair related depressions. So I started studying again in March and this time again I fail. I can´t concentrate. I have to study with a hat because i am having a mental breakdown when I see another shed hair on my paper. I have to check my hairline all the time. I just had the glorious idea to check my crown once again with two mirrors. Damn, it looks terrible and got worse again over the last weeks. A huge area of thinning and a bald spot are showing up. Then I was too depressed for learning again, but what can I do? Hairloss has ruined my day, my career, my life.....

Damn, it is killing me.

IBM

Reaction score
I've been through the same.
I've to use a hat because of my bloody flaking skin with bulk hair attached. My whole scalp was full of it. It was ominious times. Damn how could that happened.
But i made an effort and never gave up. I still dont give up.

Now at least i've money to be on meds. So i gain something from my struggle.

Study hard. Think of what you'll gain in the future.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
dude you gotta stop being a weak sauce like that seriously.

f*** i got hair problem too, I still do well in life. I try my very best to take the least impact from hair loss. I think you can do it too.

emex4

Established Member
Reaction score
man, you gotta chill and look at the bright side. im only 22, and im losing my hair in the diffuse unpatterned form. but ive accepted it. it sucks i guess, but its life. theres so much more out there. and having hair doesnt really affect it.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Take some advice from someone older, stop being a baby and snap out of it. How will you ever go through the next 60 years of your life.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Tauge suffers from manic depression and social anxiety. Nothing we say can possibly help him until he makes the personal choice to get treatment.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
well I am 21. and used to be depressed about my hairloss. but I made up my mind. If i have less hair, it just means I have to be better than the others should it be in sports or studies. I mean I'm not going to lose to them in other things as well. Turn it the other way round man...

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
hairloss isnt ruining ur education. You are. What you put in is what you get out. So dont talk sh*t.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
MacAttack, I totally agree with you. Taug, your BDD is controlling your life. You need to control your BDD. You definitely need to see a psychiatrist that can prescribe a medication that will prevent you from dwelling on all your flaws. You will never get better until you want to. I am sure there are so many people worse off physically than you Taug and they would trade places with you any time. Stop complaining about your problems to us and start complaining to your psychiatrist. Help yourself because no one on here can no matter what they tell you.

G

the best thing that HairLossTalk.com could do would be to ban Taugenichts's IP and prevent him from posting here ever again. we are not licensed medical professionals and perhaps that will encourage him to seek help. either way.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
A very good idea Jayman, but that could really send him over "the edge" and he might do something drastic to himself. I think this "forum" is the only friend he has besides Rosey Palms.

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
A very good idea Jayman, but that could really send him over "the edge" and he might do something drastic to himself. I think this "forum" is the only friend he has besides Rosey Palms.

That's so insulting :evil:

You know very well that Rosey's daughters also love him very much :p

Taug, you are not well and it's incumbent on you to get medical help. People's pity won't help you any more. Even women don't obsess about their hair to this extent.

HairLessGR

Reaction score
Taug why don't you try out a really short haircut?
You might be pleasantly surprised you know. Now is the right time that's hot and sweaty.
You are young, you wear hats frequently, people come and go during summertime..vacations, weekends... noone will notice in case you don't like it.
Plus you give your scalp a rest and most important you get an idea of how you will look like in the future if things don't go well.
Just do it!

One more thing. You still haven't tried minoxidil and you do well. Give dutasteride some more time. You still have weapons to keep you in decent condition for the next 5-6 years you see. Cause that's all you should worry about.
You can easily bet you'll have more hair when 30 than what you have now! I only hope you have a good job to go with it though, so STUDY!!

wbeast

Reaction score
Taug,

You seem like a nice guy and all, but wow. Get some help. Posts like this make you seem unbalanced and liable to do something pretty terrible to yourself. Hair loss should be the least of your worries right now. Go get some treatment for your depression.

robtak

Reaction score
Taugenichts,
My suggestion for you is to buzz cut hair and get a quality hair piece,
during the evenings,
you can use the FOAM
and during the day,
have a beautiful FULL head of hair.
Before long, you'll be smiling like this guy--> :D

recognition2

Established Member
Reaction score
I would suggest you to listen to some of those Dhama talks in my signature.

In Buddhism, one of the main precept is the law of non attachment.

It's attachment that leads to suffering.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
robtak said:
Taugenichts,
during the evenings,
you can use the FOAM
and during the day,

I'll meet with him in Germany in November if he's near Koeln/Bonn/Wuppertal, to see if he's really a body dismorphic type...

I used to be really bad when I was about 20-22, but very valid basis, my hairline was receeding massively. In high school people used to point out my receeding hairline. Everything people pointed out (such as my crooked nose), i developed a complex about, and things people didn't point out, were not an issue.

One friend from high school sent me a can of spray on hair as a joke my freshman year of college. I wore a hat every day of my life from age 19 until about 27, in the latter part to hide by pluggy hair transplants, but ever since the repair work, it isn't that horrible if you don't know what to look for. one time, a gave a friend's drunk friend a lift home from the bar, and he thought I was wearing a hairpiece and tried to yank my hair off. They both confronted me about hair transplant that night. I developed such a complex I scheduled an appointment with MHR, and they used up the last of my donor area and accomplished nothing. Dr. Bernstein made my hair at least presentable with his graft excisions... However, i don't know how I would be had I not had hair transplant, or if I still had plugs. I'd probably be too afraid to leave home, and I certainly wouldn't have a girlfriend because I would feel so bad about myself.

G

recboi said:
robtak said:
Taugenichts,
during the evenings,
you can use the FOAM
and during the day,

I'll meet with him in Germany in November if he's near Koeln/Bonn/Wuppertal, to see if he's really a body dismorphic type...

I used to be really bad when I was about 20-22, but very valid basis, my hairline was receeding massively. In high school people used to point out my receeding hairline. Everything people pointed out (such as my crooked nose), i developed a complex about, and things people didn't point out, were not an issue.

One friend from high school sent me a can of spray on hair as a joke my freshman year of college. I wore a hat every day of my life from age 19 until about 27, in the latter part to hide by pluggy hair transplants, but ever since the repair work, it isn't that horrible if you don't know what to look for. one time, a gave a friend's drunk friend a lift home from the bar, and he thought I was wearing a hairpiece and tried to yank my hair off. They both confronted me about hair transplant that night. I developed such a complex I scheduled an appointment with MHR, and they used up the last of my donor area and accomplished nothing. Dr. Bernstein made my hair at least presentable with his graft excisions... However, i don't know how I would be had I not had hair transplant, or if I still had plugs. I'd probably be too afraid to leave home, and I certainly wouldn't have a girlfriend because I would feel so bad about myself.

That sounds really shitty, man. I guess people in the US are way more cruel than around here. No one has pointed out my balding as of yet, and it has been very noticiable for the past year. No one even commented when I went for the buzzcut about a month ago.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
recboi said:
robtak said:
Taugenichts,
during the evenings,
you can use the FOAM
and during the day,

That sounds really shitty, man. I guess people in the US are way more cruel than around here. No one has pointed out my balding as of yet, and it has been very noticiable for the past year. No one even commented when I went for the buzzcut about a month ago.

I think if you have hair transplant, people have no reservations about making fun of you for it. If you were just losing your hair, they would talk behind your back about it, but nobody would say anything to your face about it unless you were in high school or something like that.