Hairloss = Depression, Why Are There No Studies?

BadInvertor

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You've literally just censored me for generalising among Hollywood actors and here you say that you are "able to see reality and how things really are". What makes your opinion any better than anyone else's? You're very bizarre.

It's only my opinion mate, it's not better than yours and does not represents your reality, it represents mine, who knows maybe you are right, maybe i am, in the end it matters what everybody thinks and by looking outside, you know, in the real world, you see more balding people and baldies than people sitting on hair loss forums and taking Propecia... In my country for example they don't even want to prescribe it anymore and they never did like to prescribe it, in the US on the other side it's an opioid epidemic that's killing thousand of people per year or even more and people still ingest pills like candy every day for different reasons and maybe in most cases without even needing them, in the UK last year they had 70 million anti-depressant prescriptions, it differs from country to country, i'm just telling you what i'm seeing all around and my conclusion on the subject, if you can't take it no problem but there is no need to start offending me or to try to make me feel bad or mess around with my words just because i dared in expressing my opinion on a public forum..
You know, we don't have to agree it's that simple !

Last edited:

BadInvertor

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the cure will come. But it's going to be a while until it does. Hair cloning is my bet. It's certainly likely to have the best safety profile. Or maybe a kind of preventative device like they were working on with Sheseido (or whatever they were called). For most people in the first world, a procedure that stops balding is functionally little different from a cure. It gets mainstream and people get the shots when they're 15 or so and job done. Nw7s are toast as far as treatments are concerned anyway. And when you get old, a bald head will be the least of your worries, I agree.

50 more years until the general public will have completely access to it or being affordable to the vast majority, at least my opinion ! You know how the majority of doctors think, especially the ones that are working on cosmetic issues ? "A cured patient is a lost client" so don't be fooled in thinking that they won't sell all the sh*t that keeps you buying it for the rest of your life until they give us the "real cure" !

Last edited:

BadInvertor

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know that. That's why you'll find I carefully qualified my opinion in my post. For what it's worth, I respect you for being wary of finasteride and minoxidil sides. Too many people jump in without thinking, get sides and then regret it (like myself). The ideal is an informed decision - whether you ultimately choose to take the drugs or - and it sounds like that's what you are doing. Good job.

What was your experience with finasteride and Min if you don't mind sharing it ? I am just asking out of curiosity !

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't buy this. I bet if you put them in a room and made them think about it, the majority of bald men would admit that they don't like their look and would rather have hair. Yeah, they may not be chronically depressed over it, but I don't think they're 'happy' that they don't have hair.

I didn't say they would be happy with it, I'm sure nearly all bald men would rather have hair. I merely answered the question in the title if "hairloss = depression" which in most cases is No.