hairloss + careers

Axon

Reaction score
springroll said:
mvpsoft said:
My wife, who thinks I am nuts to combat hairloss (just let nature take it's course, she says), claims that women don't care about hair loss. She says guys who try to maintain their hair are doing it for other guys. If you treat women with respect, show interest in them, ask them questions about themselves and talk about them rather than yourself, I don't think you'll have problems with women.

Man. either that's complete crap or I'm having a run of bad luck. From what you said "If you treat women with respect, show interest in them, ask them questions about themselves and talk about them rather than yourself" that's exactly what I've done in my last 3 serious relationships only to be dumped and replaced by Case 1: A guy that worked at Subway and who's life goal was to some day be in a band, Case 2. A guy who slaps around my ex girlfriend on occasion (she used to call me and state this) Case 3. A guy who was a gambling addict and fooled around with other women on the side. Please keep in mind these women all had advanced degrees (Master's degrees) or worked as highly paid medical professionals. If you've figured it out please let me know.

That's not you though, man. That's all them....

I was recently dumped for no good reason ("I don't want a relationship") and I thought it was the funniest thing. I'm not particuarly controlling or jealous, so it really came down to her being afraid of anything even remotely considered a commitment.

That sort of thing just doesn't shatter my confidence at all. Two weeks later I was out with one of her girlfriends; I hit that after we bitched my ex out for 4 hours over sushi. Axon: 1, pyschotic ex-GF: 0.

Total cost to Axon: $60 for the food. Whilst I was getting my stroke on, I found I could think of little else beyond my grandmother's pasta from the previous Sunday. I also recalled some songs I wanted to put on a mix CD.

Moral? These always tang, you just gotta know where to look.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Axon makes great points, as always. Read and heed.

From my experience, here are my thoughts on relations with the fairer sex:

1) Men are naturally posessive of women. We inherently treat them with an expectation that their only source of approval or happiness in their lives is supposed to be our own egotistical manly presence. This is something ingrained in our genes, and frankly if you want to have an extrordinary relationship with a woman then you have to learn to GET OVER IT. They don't live for us. They want to have their own lives, AND have us in their lives, BOTH, not just one or the other. So, give the woman some space. Stop questioning her all the time about where she has been or what she did or why that guy put his hand on the small of her back while they were talking. Treat her like an independent adult, and if you can't handle it then chances are you are lacking balance in your OWN life, and it is not her problem. Live your own life, have your own interests, and let her be with hers and don't give her crap about it... and if you can do that, then she will respect you immensely and things will be good.

2) Take turns adding 'spice'. In other words, if you live a dull life and don't keep any surprise or romance in the relationship, then she will leave you. If you occasionally surprise her, and I mean REALLY go out of your way from time to time, then she WILL reciprocate.. and I don't mean with just 'flowers'. Send her a random card to her home, doesn't have to be romantic, in fact, even a silly little postcard with a funny picture on it or a nice message on the flip side letting her know that you are thinking about her is gold. She'll reciprocate.. and do it in the way you want her to, too.

3) ONCE AGAIN, and I am not bullshitting when I say this, learn how to give GREAT oral sex. This takes a little research. Not all women are the same, of course, but with a little reasearch and knowledge of female anatomy and by paying attention to her body language you should be able with practice to send her to heaven within 15 minutes. You get your times down to that, and she'll think you are a GOD. Now of course, I am not saying that you should ONLY give her oral sex. What I am saying is if you can get this skill down, you're golden and will truly be her hero.

These are the Gardner's Magic 3 points to keeping a woman. They don't work with all of them, of course, but definitely with the vast majority. And they don't work in isolation.... that is, if the rest of the relationship is already sh*t then these won't save you. But, if you DO incorporate these 3 points into your arsenal successfully, then you will be in the top ten percentile when it comes to stud score in her eyes.

EDIT: As Axon's posting alludes to, sometimes you will find yourself involved with a woman who is a losing bet, bad news, etc. None of the normal niceties a man can show will have any effect on her. Naturally, us men are genetically predisposed to view such women as 'a challenge' and continue to pursue them, even when the other half of your brain knows that you are getting yourself into trouble. If you find yourself in this situation, don't get down. Just keep on truckin.

crayola

Reaction score
Also, just to add another point; I see so many people on these boards who have to affirm that there are successfull bald people; actors, CEO's, politicians. And sure, that makes you fell better if they do exist, but you can always be the first. I don't know if I'm making any sense, but this is a problem I see in so many people all over the world. They can only do something if someone else has done it first, nobody seems willing to forge a path for themselves.

It doesn't matter what anyone else has done when you take life by the balls and make it your world.