hairloss at 24, I need you guys to help me fight it (pics)

James Cole

Reaction score
Hello all, I have been lurking in the forums for a while now and I think its time for me to start working in stopping hairloss and growing back some more hair.

I need to know what regiments should I look into and what can I expect?

These are my pics taken this morning.
IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

So, where to start?

lilltoolate

Established Member
Reaction score
the big3 ofcourse!

propecia or 1mg finasteride
rogaine or minoxidil(either 2% or 5%)
Nizoral shampoo

James Cole

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply,

So this big 3 what have they been proven to do? and how should I take them?

kaner529

Reaction score
with your degree of hairloss the big 3 could do wonders. As long as keep to your regimen and apply minoxidil twice a day and use nizoral at least 2 times a week as well as take ur finasteride once a day you should be well on your way to maintaining your hair and even regrowing some.

G

My advice depends on your goals:

Maintenance with some thickening of existing hair --> Finasteride plus Nizoral shampoo

Regrowth on the hairline --> the Big 3

James Cole

Reaction score
Well I don't care a lot about the hairline I kind of like it, I just would like to have much thicker hair and more hair overall.

Thanks guys you are really giving me hope

G

Be sure to do plent of research as well. You will determine you own best treatment but that comes from knowledge. You may be scared off of some of the Big 3 but just keep in mind that side effects of finasteride only happened to 2% of those tested. A shed while taking some of these means it's a GOOD thing and you just have to give the treatment TIME. No less than 4 months minimum for minoxidil at least but 1 full year on the Big 3 should give you some pretty good results. You may even regrow some on the hairline whether you like it or not! ;)

The quickest/easiest/cheapest thing you can do now is get yourself some of the Nizoral shampoo at any local grocery store or walmart/target. You could wait a few more weeks for the more expensive, but better, alternative to Nizoral being Revita as well. The main ingredient in Nizoral that fights hair loss is Ketoconazole. As you see on the Revita site it has Keto plus a number of other hair loss fighting ingredients, and of course does not have any of the lauryl/laureth sulfates.

As far as minoxidil goes I think you'd respond good to what I'm doing which is using Rogaine foam on the top/back of the scalp and use Spectral DNC on the temples/hairline. You have a lot of hair on top so the Rogaine Foam will you do you much better in those areas as it comes on like mousse.

James Cole

Reaction score
Well I do want to do this the right way, money at the moment is no object so I need to start and start well, so should I so big 3 then? o where can I see the different regimes that are available and what they do?

Thanks in advance

G

If money is no object then go on the Big 3.

Go to a doctor and get a prescription for some propecia or proscar. You'd have to cut the proscar into fifths (there's illustrations on how to do that here) so if money is truly no object you can just get the propecia.

Get some Spectral DNC for the minoxidil (amongst other proven regrowth ingredients) to use at night, and use Rogaine foam in the mornings.

For the shampoo wait a few more weeks for the Revita to come out and use that rather than Nizoral.

Besides the Big 3 the other popular treatments seem to be topical spironolactone, Retin-A, and Copper Peptides (included in the Spectral/Revita though). Probably the best route to take is just the Big 3 and see how you respond to that in a year and then add on from there. Just my opinion though, again once you become familiarized with the process from reading these forums you'll come up with the best regimen that best suits you.

James Cole

Reaction score
Also I train with weights almost everyday but I have never done steroids, will the propecia diminish my gains make me waker?

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nope, it cutts down on dht and adds 10% testastorone and as far as i know , testastorone is good for building :D

G

James Cole said:
Right any Ideas where I might order these online?

Click the Spectral DNC link in my last post. I know that the Orbit US vendor has the latest version of the DNC with the new formulation and the better spay pump. Good and prompt customer service too.

Rogaine foam you can get off ebay or at any store (try the warehouse stores).

I mentioned where to get the finasteride from too in the last post. If you don't wanna go to a doctor you can try an online pharmacy such as inhousepharmacy.com or unitedpharmacies.com

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
1. get on dutastride, not finastride.

2. Propecia will increase your gains. I weightlift and I am telling you, that you will see a slight strength boost if anything when you get on propecia.

G

WorldofWarcraft said:
1. get on dutastride, not finastride.

What's wrong with starting off on finasteride? It would seem more logical to start with finasteride since it's more proven for hair loss, and IF he's a non-responder then go over to dutasteride. There are non-responders to dutasteride as well. Not to mention there are many more options available for finasteride.

G

You are looking for maitenance hence you don´t need to go for Spectral DNC. Get on finasteride and pick up some Nizoral shampoo and you have a good chance of thickening your hair.

juhis

Reaction score
lilltoolate said:
the big3 ofcourse!

propecia or 1mg finasteride
rogaine or minoxidil(either 2% or 5%)
Nizoral shampoo

i'm in the same situation as the thread-starter. do you have a recommendation on HOW to start the big 3? all at once seems like an overkill

G

juhis said:
i'm in the same situation as the thread-starter. do you have a recommendation on HOW to start the big 3? all at once seems like an overkill

It's really up to you juhis. If you view it as an overkill than that's a valid thought and you should probably start off initially with getting the Ketoconazole based shampoo being the Nizoral at your local store, or the REVITA when that comes in the next couple of weeks. Then decide if you want to go with minoxidil or finasteride, but you will eventually probably end up on all 3 at one point in time so it doesn't matter really if you do it all at once or incrementally.

I shared your sentiments originally started my regimen piece by piece with what I felt most comfortable with. I just got over my (somewhat irrational) fear of finasteride and will be adding it in a low dosage regimen to the rest of my hairloss regimen. I am anxious to see after a year what my hair will look like after being on the Big 3!

You are looking for maitenance hence you don´t need to go for Spectral DNC. Get on finasteride and pick up some Nizoral shampoo and you have a good chance of thickening your hair.

That's true, it all depends on how aggressive he wants to go. He said he's thinning on top, besides the receding hairline, so adding in the minoxidil (spectral DNC or foam) can only help to thicken up whatever follicles thinned out on top as well. Just a personal decision for the original poster. If his pocket book can take the DNC/Foam whynot?!

Sean68

Reaction score
cmon man dont tell him to take dutasteride until hes tried finasteride its the most proven treatment for male pattern baldness and most people start there.

mate have a look through the boards and see which products fit your needs and have had mainly good feedback. everyone will tell you different things on everything. acting on advice is good of course but its best to do some research yourself and make your own judgements.