Hairline never truly laying smooth?

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven´t read everything in this thread.
It seems you have some skin problems,too.
If a glue doesn´t work for you, go find something else. White glue -> Clear glue or whatever. There are maybe 4096 + options to try

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I did buy that tape ^ but it's really for people who are able to re-do the hairline every few days since it breaks down quickly and doesn't last 7-14 days. Doesn't work well for me: I need something far stronger and more lasting.

Still haven't gotten it figured out with the salon. The hairline really sucks.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On the issue of the hairline not staying down long enough, I've recently started wearing a headwrap to bed and it keeps the hairline and rest of the system pressed down as I sleep. I get a longer and stronger hold this way and wake up with the hairline nicely in place. Of course, glue is going to break down eventually so depending on how long you detach/reattach, you'll still need to touch up the hairline every so often. But some sort of headscarf/headwrap helps.

Smidgeon

My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed when sleeping on a normal pillow, i did feel it pushing against the back of the unit. But I have memory foam pillow i hadn't used in ages (it's one of those ergonomic pillows shaped to support your neck). Anyway, I have a silk (i say silk it's some man made satin or something but feels like silk) pillowcase that i put on the support pillow and i no longer feel the unit being moved when i lie down.

Perhaps you are blaming the wrong thing, it may not be the front hairline you are having problems with at all but the back, and it is pushing the unit forward all night and causing the front hair line to lift up.

Check amazon too for nightcaps, there are loads of silk caps on there and cheap. I did toy with getting one but figured it may feel annoying which is why i just put a silk cover on my memory foam pillow and that seems to be enough.

mikkkky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have oily skin as well. Your problem seems either of the following (can be different in each application), per my experience / experiments. Most of the time HC plays against time, so they dont wait enough during the curing phase of the bond (and there’s conflict of interest as well)

When scalp protector is applied:

- scalp protector does not work for you
- scalp protector did not cure (wait 10+ mins)

when there’s no scalp protector:

- bond did not cure (wait 7+ for acrylic ones)
- not enough layers (apply 2 layers for acrylic, wait 5 mins in between, the. 7 mins before final fixing of piece. ) Two layers make a big difference.