Hairline much worse in less than two months??

forumguy12345

Reaction score
I'm 21. I honestly feel suicidal. I just compared my pictures now from 2 months ago. Looking back, it wasn't even that bad 2 months ago. Almost exactly a month ago, I started propecia. It looks terrible now and I want to cry.

Overall, does my hairline look terrible or better than I think it does? Am I schizophrenic? Every time I look at these photos I see something different. I don't know if I am terrible or mild.

Before: http://imgur.com/a/V1RtO

After: http://imgur.com/a/4zc3e#6hQmCRu

Attachments

• N4IaNsy.jpg
    N4IaNsy.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 495
  • IMG_16922.jpg
    IMG_16922.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 504
  • dsff.jpg
    dsff.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 510

sportsfan12

Established Member
Reaction score
Just give it some time. Theres literally no way finasteride could have made your hair worse. Could be a shed that will come back in thicker

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Not trying to upset you, but it does look a bit worse. In the before pic your temples at least had some coverage, now they appear almost completely gone. I could be wrong though. Hopefully finasteride will help you recover what you may have lost.

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just give it some time. Theres literally no way finasteride could have made your hair worse. Could be a shed that will come back in thicker

dont want to scare the guy but this is exactly what happened to me on finasteride. shed a tonne that never grew back

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see. Since I have been on finasteride my shed has not changed. For the last 4-5 years I have been shedding like at least 20-30 hairs in the shower. I feel I have had a seasonal shed for sure recently, but no loss of density or any area particularly affected.

Did your shed hairs have a bulb at the end? Usually some will, some won't. By washing our hair we will pull out some that were almost ready to be shed but not quite.

I reckon what happened with you could just be a coincidence or it could be that weak hairs that were going to die anyway are quickly pushed out once on finasteride and not replaced. There is no science to back this though.

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I did not shed at all before I started finasteride and started non stop shedding a month after starting finasteride, definitely not a coincidence. Some had a bulb, some did not. They were definitely not weak hairs about to die, some were coming off the side of my head which is supposed to be a non male pattern baldness region.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
So these areas are still empty? What's the plan now? RU or something?

kenny-k

Established Member
Reaction score
Bro, are you crazy? I would do some weird sh*t for that head of hair. I'm 22, and my hair is absolutely destroyed. I've been on finasteride and min for a month and I shed a gross amount. It's supposed to get worse before it gets better...pfft...suicidal...what a joke, wtf would I do then?

forumguy12345

Reaction score
I'm still so worried.. I feel like it looks weird how I comb my hair and it kind of covers it. I feel like I'm living a lie. I don't know how bad I am.. I hope I can get better

abcdefg

Reaction score
Its hard to tell from the pictures because the before ones are from an angle and the after is like straight on so you cant really compare them accurately. That being said I would agree your hair looks worse from what I can tell after then before. The thing is its really hard to tell whether your male pattern baldness sped up on its own or finasteride directly sped it up. I would say this I never felt good about the T spike from finasteride even 10 percent is still a decent amount. No way on earth T helps your hair so if your hair is really sensitive to androgens I feel T would affect it.

hairlifted

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm still so worried.. I feel like it looks weird how I comb my hair and it kind of covers it. I feel like I'm living a lie. I don't know how bad I am.. I hope I can get better

Sounds like body dysmoprhia. Not invalidating being distressed about potential balding, which is a very understandable reaction to it, but considering that you are suicidal over having hair that looks pretty damn good is not a sign of healthy mental wellbeing. Being on this forum with that kind of mindset certainly will not help it either.

Like I said, I'm not trying to tell you that you shouldn't feel down about future hair loss, just that your response to your current situation is not good at all. There is a normal reaction and there is extreme ones, yours is the latter.

edit: I'm sorry you are having these issues, as someone who suffers from depression (long before any hair loss), so I can sympathize with the suicidal feelings and the like. But I think you really should consider staying off any hairloss forums or sites, at least for a few months, just to see if your mindset improved. I only suggest this because when I was severely depressed, and I mean severely, I spent a lot of time on various depression forums. Looking back it did not help at all and really just made it worse by constantly having it on my mind.

I noticed a decent improvement after completely abstaining from these forums. It may not be exactly the same but it can't hurt.

forumguy12345

Reaction score
I don't even know what the hell is going on anymore. I feel like it is even worse than those pictures I posted from three weeks ago. What makes me so freaking pissed off in the fact that I though it looked bad two and a half months ago, e.g. these pictures: link
I took more pictures today and it is CLEARLY worse. I'm almost finished with the second month of finasteride. All I do is cry because it keeps getting worse and I don't know how. It wasn't even bad before at all. Here is how it looks now.. especially with the shower pictures. Like what on earth is going on: link

I look horrifyingly bad. I feel like this is the end.

Derpicus

Established Member
Reaction score
Gonna state that yah it looks like it's gotten a bit worse. But its still at a pretty good range, if anything it looks a bit above a mature hairline. The thing is that freaks a lot of people out is that they expect to keep their teen hairline but it just doesn't work like that. 1 month seems a bit to early for the finasteride shed as that normally occurs at 2-3 months, but I really say you stick with it you'll see some results and hopefully some great results at 1 year mark. I was worse off hairline wise then you're when I started but I've gained a bit of it back while on finasteride and I'm content with how my hair looks at the moment. Sure there are somedays where I feel low because I envy people with full hairlines around my age. But eh not everyone wins on the genetic lottery. I probably started balding around 21 like you're and I didn't react till I was 22 and I had lost a lot of ground.

If it means a lot to you look into hair transplants you're a bit young for it, but its an option though its pricey as ****. Minixodil can help as well but if you start it expect to do it for the rest of your life if you want to keep what it gives you that is. A lot of people will be envious of your hair on this forum as its still at a good stage imo. But everyone has their own ideal hairline but sadly with hair loss you need to compromise and just be satisfied with what you got because once you lose it, you're honestly going to feel a lot worse then how you feel now.

forumguy12345

Reaction score
What do I even do? Like Is it better to stay on it? Is it normal to have a few hairs fall out on things throughout the day? Why is there a mild burning sensation? Will it get worse than better first?

Spartan26

Reaction score
Do you notice more hair falling out when you feel like your scalp is burning? Just had a week of that feeling and felt like the shed was out of control.