Hairline Moved? Unsure What's Happened

Kebawo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Had mine fitted at a salon around 2 weeks ago, had an undercut with length on top due to how thin my back n sides are, did a front cleanup and it just doesn't look the same anymore as the lace feels closer to the forehead and it kinda looks as if one side is receding compared to the other side.

Now the thing is when I was doing the front cleanup I actually got glue on that side of the head and then decided to wash the glue out asap before it sets, it then seemed fine and pretty much got all of the glue out.

So question really is would anything change once the hair system has been in for a few days? I remember watching a youtube video a while ago where the guy says 'after few days this will happen and this well settle' etc but can't find the video anymore.

I may have a case of BDD but feel like I want it to be perfect and obviously don't want it to look like it's receded in any way.

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Kebawo

I don't really understand what you mean by "the lace feels closer to the forehead and it kinda looks as if one side is receding compared to the other side". Do you think the base of the system has moved position? Do you know what adhesive was used? Can you maybe illustrate the problem with a photo, just eyebrows and above?

New hair systems do "settle down" after a few days of wear, but that refers to the hairs lying flatter and being less "bouffant". The base shouldn't shift position.

Kebawo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Kebawo

I don't really understand what you mean by "the lace feels closer to the forehead and it kinda looks as if one side is receding compared to the other side". Do you think the base of the system has moved position? Do you know what adhesive was used? Can you maybe illustrate the problem with a photo, just eyebrows and above?

New hair systems do "settle down" after a few days of wear, but that refers to the hairs lying flatter and being less "bouffant". The base shouldn't shift position.

Hey Noah appreciate the reply sorry it took so long to get back to you, today I went to the salon for maintenance and you were right it's back to how it used to be (bouffant) and I asked the woman and like you said it lasts for a few days so that's cool as i'm happy I haven't damaged the system in any way. Problem is now I realize I don't like it being this bouffant as it looks kinda fluffy lol although everyone says it looks good I just prefer it when it's settled, do you have any recommendations on how I can speed up the process of settling? Washing it? Leave in conditioner? Anything? Thank you.

Noah

Reaction score
The quickest way is to soak the piece with warm in the shower and then put on a ball cap for a few hours. Just wearing a ball cap will do it, but is a bit slower.