Hairline Lifting After Small Amount Of Sweating Need Help

Pallas foods

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all just looking for some advice. Currently wearing a system for 8 month and had very little trouble with it.
At the start I used ultra hold glue for the front hair line and tape for the back and sides but I switched to ghostbond platinum after a month as the ultra hold was just to messy. With the ghost bond I never had any real lifts until day 5 r 6 which was fine but over the last month or more I'm having horrid trouble with the front hairline lifting, any bit of sweating at all and I have lifts

Its starting to drive me crazy did a hairline redo yesterday (waited 24hrs) went to the gym this evening and had two massive lifts and I did very little sweating

I'm still using ghostbond which I was using when I had no trouble a few months back and I feel like I'm doing nothing different when I'm doing my clean up to make sure the system and my head is perfectly clean before bonding...

Is there any different bonds I should try?? Was hoping that I wouldn't have to touch my hairline for a week r so after a redo is this possible?? Im also a very active person and sweat a lot. Has anyone else had this problem

I'm also using a scalp protector but it doesn't seem to help

Any help will b much appreciated
Thanks

Last edited:

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Pallas

I guess if you are using scalp protector then you are also prepping your scalp by rubbing with alcohol beforehand?

Are you making sure to allow the adhesive to cure fully before getting it damp? You may have to experiment to see how long it requires for your body chemistry. I would start with a full 24 hours and then work down. So apply the adhesive in a cool dry environment, let it dry, apply another layer, let it dry, apply the hairpiece, then no significant sweating, showering or swimming, dancing in the rain (or getting the adhesive wet by any other means) for a full 24 hours. See if that makes a difference. If it does, try it for 12 hours, then 6 hours, then 5 etc. until you have worked out how long your ideal curing time is.

Another thing you could try is to run a line of strong tape (e.g. Walkers No-Shine) parallel with your hairline, but half-an-inch or so in from the edge. Then you will only be gluing the last half-inch up to the hairline, and the strong tape will be taking all the stress off the hairline glue.

It is definitely also worth trying different glues. I like Davlyn Black. Another option for your hairline is Walkers 3-mil thin lace support tape.

Good luck

Noah

Pallas foods

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Pallas

I guess if you are using scalp protector then you are also prepping your scalp by rubbing with alcohol beforehand?

Are you making sure to allow the adhesive to cure fully before getting it damp? You may have to experiment to see how long it requires for your body chemistry. I would start with a full 24 hours and then work down. So apply the adhesive in a cool dry environment, let it dry, apply another layer, let it dry, apply the hairpiece, then no significant sweating, showering or swimming, dancing in the rain (or getting the adhesive wet by any other means) for a full 24 hours. See if that makes a difference. If it does, try it for 12 hours, then 6 hours, then 5 etc. until you have worked out how long your ideal curing time is.

Another thing you could try is to run a line of strong tape (e.g. Walkers No-Shine) parallel with your hairline, but half-an-inch or so in from the edge. Then you will only be gluing the last half-inch up to the hairline, and the strong tape will be taking all the stress off the hairline glue.

It is definitely also worth trying different glues. I like Davlyn Black. Another option for your hairline is Walkers 3-mil thin lace support tape.

Good luck

Noah

Hi noah thanks for your great advice.

I am doing all of the points you mentioned above, I started using a line of tape parallel to the hairline but slightly back about a month ago and find it is a lot easier for clean ups but im still getting lifts with it.
I always give myself 24hrs after a redo before I get it wet and I always rub down the area with alcohol beforehand

Maybe my body chemistry had changed over the last which cause I never had these problems before.. ill try the Davlyn black see can that help

Thanks for your help Noah greatly appreciated

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with Noah about trying the tape.

One thing about the Ghostbond. Platinum is geared towards people who sit under hot studio lights, and XL towards outdoor sports, and hot climates. Why, I don't know, but that is what the company told me.

Good luck,

Steve

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has your diet changed?

I find that drinking alcohol - in particular whiskey or rum, interferes with my body chemistry and causes my temperature to rise when I am sleeping, and weakens the bond much quicker than if I didn't drink.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's interesting BB; never knew that.

The owner of the company I get my systems from knows the sales manager in Ireland (they also sell their products), so we were discussing the different products and why so many, etc. There is indeed a reason for each one, and the website also gives an explanation.

Pallas foods

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has your diet changed?

I find that drinking alcohol - in particular whiskey or rum, interferes with my body chemistry and causes my temperature to rise when I am sleeping, and weakens the bond much quicker than if I didn't drink.

No nothing has changed with my diet or im not drinking any more alcohol.
I do find my forehead more oily I wonder would that make a difference?
Im actually doing less sport as our football season is over that's why I find it so odd that I have lifts now and not before when I was doing extra stuff

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So many ghostbond versions, it is confusing...one wonders if it's just marketing hype
https://prohairlabs.com/cosmetic-bonding-products/hair-adhesive/full-head-adhesives/

I have tried the phantom version which is a bit flesh in color, did not work for me at all. I have success with the XL version.

never tried Davlyn, but did ultrahold. I find the stringy glue don't hold as much, and messier to clean , especialy in the lace

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Transdermal is quite good, because it doesn't need any curing time. but the instructions say 4-5 layers, not 3-4. I've e-mailed Prohairlabs and asked the reason why different adhesives exist as well. They said Platinum is the strongest in hot climate. They didn't say XL was better at anything.

Platinum and Transdermal both have no shine which is quite nice too actually.

J_D_R

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is definitely also worth trying different glues. I like Davlyn Black

What's that like for shine, Noah? I'm using currently using Walker Ultra Hold, but it's really quite shiny through the lace, especially if I'm under a bright light, and I'm still getting parts of the edges lifting even within a day or two.