HairClone will be available in some UK Clinics in "early 2022" - Paul Kemp, HairClone CEO

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very much like hairclone, hopefully its a good sign that multiple companies think dermal Papilla cell treatment is worth pursuing.
Human DP cell + epithelial cell injections has already proven to create real new follicles

. No study has shown robust hair follicle formation with successful cycling and good hair quality though . So I think this technology is really far away . At least until gene editing of the DP cells can be done

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm done having faith in the stem cell approach. The cloning technology is probably 100 years away. I'm going to put more faith into AA and prevention.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Human DP cell + epithelial cell injections has already proven to create real new follicles

. No study has shown robust hair follicle formation with successful cycling and good hair quality though . So I think this technology is really far away . At least until gene editing of the DP cells can be done
so stemson is wasting time?

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
so stemson is wasting time?
Stemson method is unique because they derive brand new unaged hair follicles that 0 days and 0 years old. They are artificially inducing embryonic development of the hair follicle. This is a true stem cell therapy

Hair multiplication is more like adding the right components in the correct environment to create a follicle with existing information (age genetic damage). The method basically banks on the idea that the body knows how to use the DP cells (deficient in Androgenetic Alopecia) and EC to create a follicle. Imo this is not a stem cell therapy . It’s just a cell therapy

Last edited:

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Proven in mice.
And already proven to not work in humans.

But HC is not aiming hair follicle formation. They speculate they can replace the dying dp cells of miniaturized hairs with new ones and that this would make the hair follicle to become normal again.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Proven in mice.
And already proven to not work in humans.

But HC is not aiming hair follicle formation. They speculate they can replace the dying dp cells of miniaturized hairs with new ones and that this would make the hair follicle to become normal again.
New mice models are superior to their ancestors and with new tools on the rise they are very good model for studying drugs, so scientists now have much better picture how technology will translate on humans.

The use of mouse models in biomedical research and preclinical drug evaluation is on the rise. The advent of new molecular genome-altering technologies such as CRISPR/Cas9 allows for genetic mutations to be introduced into the germ line of a mouse faster and less expensively than previous methods. In addition, the rapid progress in the development and use of somatic transgenesis using viral vectors, as well as manipulations of gene expression with siRNAs and antisense oligonucleotides, allow for even greater exploration into genomics and systems biology. These technological advances come at a time when cost reductions in genome sequencing have led to the identification of pathogenic mutations in patient populations, providing unprecedented opportunities in the use of mice to model human disease. The ease of genetic engineering in mice also offers a potential paradigm shift in resource sharing and the speed by which models are made available in the public domain. Predictively, the knowledge alone that a model can be quickly remade will provide relief to resources encumbered by licensing and Material Transfer Agreements. For decades, mouse strains have provided an exquisite experimental tool to study the pathophysiology of the disease and assess therapeutic options in a genetically defined system. However, a major limitation of the mouse has been the limited genetic diversity associated with common laboratory mice. This has been overcome with the recent development of the Collaborative Cross and Diversity Outbred mice. These strains provide new tools capable of replicating genetic diversity to that approaching the diversity found in human populations. The Collaborative Cross and Diversity Outbred strains thus provide a means to observe and characterize toxicity or efficacy of new therapeutic drugs for a given population. The combination of traditional and contemporary mouse genome editing tools, along with the addition of genetic diversity in new modeling systems, are synergistic and serve to make the mouse a better model for biomedical research, enhancing the potential for preclinical drug discovery and personalized medicine.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dermal papilla cells plays crucial part of hair growth and hair cycles, but there are culture problems with their inductivity.

Now some labs claims that they solved the inductivity problem. When I will see bald hair loss scientists with full head of hairs, then I will believe their claims lol

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

15:30 timestamp

very interesting video.. he is speaking at the ISHRS 2021

bros in the UK should start reaching out to prominent hair transplant clinics to see if theyre partnering with hairclone and get a possible price estimate
in 2019 they wanted to make it available in 2020
in 2020 they wanted to make it available in 2021
now they want to make it available in 2022

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dermal papilla cells plays crucial part of hair growth and hair cycles, but there are culture problems with their inductivity.

Now some labs claims that they solved the inductivity problem. When I will see bald hair loss scientists with full head of hairs, then I will believe their claims lol
So you think that every lab researcher is just a mad scientist who will be experimenting on himself? I swear the IQ level on these forums is at a nut low.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr Paul Kemp is almost completely bald.
And everyone is excited??
I once saw a magic potion demonstration on live tv. A lady had her completely bald assistant rub a guys scalp. Then she took mascara to dye a hair or two and said, “See the hairs were under the scalp just pushed through” Dverybody had a good laugh…

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Clinic I spoke with said likely the summer is when it will be available
Came to say it's early 2022, where is this? Summer is not early. Oh well, anytime in 2022 would be nice if it actually works well.