Hair Today Hair Tomorrow Hair Forever

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
They make salt based powders to ship in summer because it'd more stable with heat. They may have left over stock to get rid of before making new batches.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if there is a huge difference between the two PGf2a molecules below? Wuhan says they only have
Prostaglandin F2α (tromethamine salt) in stock. I'm only seeing that the salt is more water soluble and has a heavier molecular weight.
https://www.caymanchem.com/product/16020/prostaglandin-f2α-(tromethamine-salt)
https://www.caymanchem.com/product/16010

Not really. Like John said, more stability. Slightly less potency per gram due to the salt content.

dgadgdea

My Regimen
Reaction score
useful reading thanks. States that cetirizine is a PGD2 inhibitor which I understand to be a different mechanism of action than something like latanoprost which works on PGF2A

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the difference between the PGf2a @Analogies ordered, Latanoprost, and Bimatoprost? Do they all target the pgf2a angle? Pros/cons ?

Potency. Tafluprost and latanoprost are more potent than dinoprost, bimatoprost, and cloprostenol, but the former is not available in powder form. That's fine, it just makes it more difficult to weigh out without wasting any.

dgadgdea

My Regimen
Reaction score
ah good to know. I can see how powder would be much easier to work with in a topical than latanoprost goo. Is there any way to know how much weaker dinoprost or bimatoprost than latanoprost? Are they like 50% weaker or like or orders of magnitude?

It looks like the dinoprost @Analogies bought was about 40% cheaper than the latanoprost bought on a gram-for-gram basis. If it's only like 20% weaker and a powder form might go that route next time.

Canuto

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
useful reading thanks. States that cetirizine is a PGD2 inhibitor which I understand to be a different mechanism of action than something like latanoprost which works on PGF2A

It should work on PGF2a also, even if it's not stated in the study. Unfortunately though, I haven't seen anyone able to replicate those results in the last 3 years with cetirizine on a monotherapy.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
@pegasus2

where do u get your oral minoxidil from?

ADC.

ah good to know. I can see how powder would be much easier to work with in a topical than latanoprost goo. Is there any way to know how much weaker dinoprost or bimatoprost than latanoprost? Are they like 50% weaker or like or orders of magnitude?

It looks like the dinoprost @Analogies bought was about 40% cheaper than the latanoprost bought on a gram-for-gram basis. If it's only like 20% weaker and a powder form might go that route next time.

It's not even 20% weaker than latanoprost. Latanoprost is around 20% weaker than tafluprost ethyl amide, the gold standard for pgf2a agonism. Bimatoprost is significantly weaker than latanoprost, but dinoprost is comparable.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It should work on PGF2a also, even if it's not stated in the study. Unfortunately though, I haven't seen anyone able to replicate those results in the last 3 years with cetirizine on a monotherapy.

Why would cetirizine upregulate PGF2a? Am I missing something?

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ADC.

It's not even 20% weaker than latanoprost. Latanoprost is around 20% weaker than tafluprost ethyl amide, the gold standard for pgf2a agonism. Bimatoprost is significantly weaker than latanoprost, but dinoprost is comparable.
How exactly does ADC work? Do you need a prescription or anything, or is it just click and ship? Sorry for ignorance.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
How exactly does ADC work? Do you need a prescription or anything, or is it just click and ship? Sorry for ignorance.

No script needed. There's a place to upload, but you don't need to upload anything.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You
912.PNG

Bridgeburn
Screenshot_20170922-165654.jpg

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I updated the OP for everyone asking for more details.

First of all, thanks for all you do. The updated OP is very clear, well organized, and the info is presented in a visually attractive way.

I'll probably have more questions when I get a chance to look through it some more, but I got a few questions for now:

It looks like RU58841 is the only anti-androgen you are currently using. I know that you said that you've used spironolactone before. Do you think RU is the best option or would another AA (either topically or possibly taken orally) have better effects? Also, your dose is higher than what I take. What do you think the ideal dose of RU is?

You're using topical dutasteride. I've seen some controversy over whether topical dutasteride is effective since dutasteride is a rather large molecule and might not get absorbed properly. What is your stance on this?

You're using DMSO in your topical vehicle. How much of an effect do you think this has in increasing absorption and do you think this increased absorption runs the risk of systemic side effects?

You're using oral rapamyacin. Any reason for using it orally and not topically? Rapamyacin interests me not just for its hair regrowth potential but also its senolytic effects, but if I recall there's potential for dangerous side effects. What do you make of this?

You might have answered this already, but what's the Bisindolylmaleimide for?

Oh also what's the benefit of dinoprost over latanoprost or bimatoprost?