Hair Today Hair Tomorrow Hair Forever

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
dinop is 0.5mg/3g each .
I use .1% which is 1mg/1mL or 1mg.
dinop is 0.5mg/3g each .

You are using a concentration of 0.0001666% which is roughly 600 times less then I am using. Why am I not surprised when you tell us you didn't get any results. You may as well apply rain water and hope something will sprout out.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info from @John Difool and @pegasus2.
What about use Smearing peptide of BAC on the scalp after wounding instead of injection?Is this method effective?
I think injection is a bit of difficult for me if I inject them on my crown.

Molecule weight of these peptides won't provide good absorption. You could microneedle just after applying but injections are best. Get surgical gloves and guide the syringe with your free hand. I am so used to it that I can do it in the dark at this point.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is little to no literature on the stability of many of these research chemicals. The most unstable one is PGE2, the others should be fine in that solution for a month. PGE2 will be fine if left in the refrigerator and unopened, unexposed to light. The problem is that DMSO and ethanol are hygroscopic, meaning they absorb water from the air. PGE2 is very sensitive to both water and light. Is opening the bottle 60 times over the course of a month going to be enough to degrade it severely? Maybe not. I stick to ten day batches to be safe. It's really not that much of a hassle to make it three times a month.
Re; instablility of PGE2. Why not use ricinoleic acid instead of PGE2: good stability and much cheaper?

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I googled patent hair loss Estriol and guess what? First result returns it.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US3729560A/en

The composition most commonly used in the clinical experiments reported herein is designated Composition 0L and has the following formula:

Estriol 0.1 gram.
Benzalkonium chloride (antibacterial surface-active agent) 0.05 gram.
Ethyl alcohol 39.0 grams.
Corrigentia odor As desired.
Distilled water To make 100ml.
of solution.
Thanks and apologies for being lazy. This is great news. They see moderate efficacy as a mono therapy so should certainly get decent results when stacked! I'm doing 30-40 mg E3 a day, topically.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Re; instablility of PGE2. Why not use ricinoleic acid instead of PGE2: good stability and much cheaper?

I'm not concerned about the cost difference. PGE2 is more potent, and stability isn't an issue in the right vehicle when you make a new batch every 1-2 weeks. I doubt it's even a big issue at one month. There's just no way ricinoleic acid is going to work as well as PGE2 when it only works on EP3 and EP4 receptors. PGE2 activates EP1-4 and FP. EP2, EP4, and FP are the most beneficial. EP3 might be a negative regulator of hair growth due to downregulating cAMP.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not concerned about the cost difference. PGE2 is more potent, and stability isn't an issue in the right vehicle when you make a new batch every 1-2 weeks. I doubt it's even a big issue at one month. There's just no way ricinoleic acid is going to work as well as PGE2 when it only works on EP3 and EP4 receptors. PGE2 activates EP1-4 and FP. EP2, EP4, and FP are the most beneficial. EP3 might be a negative regulator of hair growth due to downregulating cAMP.
Your theory is sound, however the effect of drinking castor oil on hair is significant so it can't be denied that ricinolic acid works very well, regardless of its pharmacological profile. Theory doesn't always equate to practice. It would be great if someone who has experience with PGE2 did a comparison to ricinoleic acid.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What vehicle?
Water, ethanol, glycerol (minoxidil max non-PG forumula). I also add bicalutamide to this but its only soluble up to 5 mg/mL-that's too weak I'm afraid. I'm going to make a more concentrated bica solution as soon as my DMSO arrives.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your theory is sound, however the effect of drinking castor oil on hair is significant so it can't be denied that ricinolic acid works very well, regardless of its pharmacological profile. Theory doesn't always equate to practice. It would be great if someone who has experience with PGE2 did a comparison to ricinoleic acid.

I haven't seen where people have had success with it, but I don't doubt it. I believe it works topically, but I see no reason to use it over PGE2 except cost. This is about getting hair, not saving money.

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't seen where people have had success with it, but I don't doubt it. I believe it works topically, but I see no reason to use it over PGE2 except cost. This is about getting hair, not saving money.

what is the cost of your regimen? I can afford to do this but I’m also saving for a house so I’ll need to be careful not to over spend lol

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
what is the cost of your regimen? I can afford to do this but I’m also saving for a house so I’ll need to be careful not to over spend lol

I've never bothered to figure out exactly how much it costs me, but it's not really cheap. Here's some of the prices you can expect to pay, plus transaction fees.

Last edited:

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've never bothered to figure out exactly how much it costs me, but it's not really cheap. Here's some of the prices you can expect to pay, plus transaction fees.
Wow! No one can deny your dedication.

In terms of RA vs PGE2, I think there are pros and cons for each. If you can confirm that you are actually receiving and using the chemical you are buying AND you can afford PGE2 in the first place, then perhaps it makes more sense. Also, there are no success stories behind using RA topically yet (although it definitely seems to work with systemic administration, which tells me it should work topically if it can reach the follicle).

Have you found that any of the peptides you use have a local effect with SQ scalp injection? Seems like spot treatment injections could be beneficial for problem areas.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow! No one can deny your dedication.

In terms of RA vs PGE2, I think there are pros and cons for each. If you can confirm that you are actually receiving and using the chemical you are buying AND you can afford PGE2 in the first place, then perhaps it makes more sense. Also, there are no success stories behind using RA topically yet (although it definitely seems to work with systemic administration, which tells me it should work topically if it can reach the follicle).

Have you found that any of the peptides you use have a local effect with SQ scalp injection? Seems like spot treatment injections could be beneficial for problem areas.

I haven't noticed any RA results. I've seen some good results from topical castor oil. It should be too heavy to work, but it seems to. If that works then RA should work.

No, I don't do scalp injections. @John Difool does.

Analogies

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So it begins....

+ Finasteride and maybe a small oral dose of minoxidil

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 12.32.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 12.32.42 AM.png
    155.8 KB · Views: 276