Hair Thinning Fast, Should I Do Transplant Now Or Wait (with Pic)

The-Johnny

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I took a shower yesterday and got shocked on how thin my hair has become, especially over the past two/three years. I have attached four pictures, two when hair is wet and two when a bit more dry, taken yesterday. My temples has been slowly receeding during the past 7-8 years (I'm 30 now), so I have a triangle now, the hairs on top of my head seem to be going through a fast miniaturization, they are getting more thin and thin each month. I switched from minoxidil 2% (been on it 6 years) to minoxidil 5% about 3 months ago and I think it made it worse, but it wasn't until yesterday after the shower that I noticed how much thinner it got.

This is my thread two years ago with pic - https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/do-i-really-need-5000-grafts-with-pictures.97398/

As you can see I had a lot thicker hair.

I cannot take finasteride because I do powerlifting and won't risk having my hormones played with, also I'm newly married and you know...

So I'm seriously thinking about hair transplant. What do you think? Is it time?

Attachments

• 20180215_113120.jpg
    20180215_113120.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 524
  • 20180215_113147.jpg
    20180215_113147.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 600
  • 20180215_113308.jpg
    20180215_113308.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 551
  • 20180215_113339.jpg
    20180215_113339.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 525

jeffmarsh

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, you have to be consult with the hair surgeon about your hair thinning now. You have been tried so many treatment from past 2/3 years, So it's really a long time. Now you have to start your treatment immediately, otherwise it going so worse.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Without finasteride you will keep losing your hair. So a hairtransplant is pretty much useless if you're not going to use treatments

The-Johnny

Reaction score
Yes I've come to realize that now because the miniaturization just seems to continue, but I have a hard time convincing my girlfriend about finasteride. She is totally against finasteride because of the side-effects and doesn't care about the hair-loss, but I care, and as of right now, I'm convinced that finasteride is the only viable option left to try.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I've come to realize that now because the miniaturization just seems to continue, but I have a hard time convincing my girlfriend about finasteride. She is totally against finasteride because of the side-effects and doesn't care about the hair-loss, but I care, and as of right now, I'm convinced that finasteride is the only viable option left to try.

So what you're saying is that she makes the decisions for you? Feels like you're being emasculated in that relationship mate

The-Johnny

Reaction score
So what you're saying is that she makes the decisions for you? Feels like you're being emasculated in that relationship mate

Nah it's not about being emasculated and she makes decisions for me, it's about me respecting her opinion because the reasons are really important for her.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah it's not about being emasculated and she makes decisions for me, it's about me respecting her opinion because the reasons are really important for her.

What reasons are there? If you cannot get hard ons in the future just quit taking it. simple as that.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If your girlfriend isn't letting you use finasteride then she isn't the girl for you. You will find a better and prettier one with your beautiful finasteride hair :)