Hair Thickening Products That You Find Useful

begonethotdenity

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys

Im currently looking for something that helps at least give the apperance of (or actually does) thicken hair.

I dermaroll 1.5mm once a week, use minxodil once daily and take dutasteride once daily. I'm also trying out COQ10 as it seems fairly harmless (and actually beneficial to overall health) and I've heard it may have potential good effects.

A thickening product should give me the density I need to style and have the appearance of someone not losing hair (currently a NW2.5).

Thus far I have tried L'Oreal Fibrology shampooo twice a week but it seems to be fairly ineffective and unpredicitable in its effects on my hair. Sometimes my hair feels and looks wonderfully thick after using it and other times its a weak, lifeless mess.

Has anyone got any creams, shampoos, cremes, mousses', serums etc or ANYTHING at all that they use to actually thicken their hair or atleast give the feel and appearance of thickness?

I've never seen a comprehensive thread on this so if I get some good answers I would be happy to edit this opening post to include suggestions and peoples comments on them as future reference.

Thanks guys!

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, I'm recruiting coq10 users, specially in the enhanced Ubiquinol form!

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/i-need-some-diffused-thinners-for-guinea-pigs.124884/

But for your question.. I've tried various shampoos and conditioners, as well as sprays.... nothing really worked, I've even tried the $60 a bottle sh*t (hair surge... makes hair feel anazing, does 0 for thickening)

Try dermmatch. I use to be a fiber guy, but after getting really good at applying dermmatch, there is no comparison.

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone tried these volumizers powders that contain silica ,any good?

Paulie777

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you tried Jamie Steven's Mr range? Aveda thickening potion can work, too, although it's inconsistent.

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone tried these volumizers powders that contain silica ,any good?

Yes, I use them all the time and so do good hair stylists. The only thing is, they can make your hair look a bit dry/dull. A round brush can help make it look a bit less fried and frizzed. Not sure if the powders would work with super short hair though.

jeez

My Regimen
Reaction score
I posted this info on the Women forum, but thought you guys might find it useful as well.

I use a combination of Toppik and Bumble Bumble dry shampoo to conceal my hair. The dry shampoo works faster and give more natural look and some volume and texture, than Toppik but not water proof.

Bumble Brownish Hair Powder: $49.50 CAD
https://www.bumbleandbumble.ca/product/19049/179/care/dry-shampoos/brownish-hair-powder#/sku/65390

This video shows how to use it.

Cheaper alternative to Bumble is Batiste Dark Brown $9 CAD. Batiste is less darker and stronger smell compared to Bumble Dry Shampoo, but it costs 1/5 of Bumble price.

https://www.amazon.ca/Batiste-Divin..._7?keywords=dry+shampoo&qid=1574985966&sr=8-7