Hair Systems In London And The Basics Of A Hair System?

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, trying to recover my hair naturally using Minoxidil and Finastride at the moment, been on Minoxidil for 2 years and Finastride for 1 - really not happy with my hair. It's crown exposure and front hairline not looking good and temples.

I'd like to know if we go for a hair system what is the downside? In the sense, will I always have to use a system for rest of my life? Do they shave your whole top of your hair off? Can I use a system for say 2-3 years and then get a transplant?

I'm in London, is there someone in the industry that is just known as the top person for systems? It's not something I am keen to do but with how my hair is going since 1 month on finastride and the other option being to fly out to Turkey and have downtime with hair transplant I'd like to know what a system can provide

My current situation pic attached

Attachments

• image1_11 (1).jpeg
    image1_11 (1).jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 296

Noah

Reaction score
Hi LHLV

Forgive me for saying so, but you sound like you are getting your situation out of proportion. You have an almost full head of hair; you would be crazy to think of a hair system at this stage. Get some Toppik - it works wonders for a problem like yours.

For completeness:

- no, you would not have to wear a system for the rest of your life. You can take it off any time and buzz your side hair or wear a ballcap till your natural hair grows back.

- they don't have to shave the whole top of your hair off, but to get a good result they do have to shave the area which is thinning and which you want to cover with the system. That can be just the front, or just the crown, or a larger area, depending on how extensive your hairloss is.

- yes, you can use a system for a while and then get a transplant. Having said that, Mompo (poster above) believes (if I understand him correctly) that wearing a system has caused his natural hair under the system to deteriorate, although it has recovered since he stopped wearing. So that is a factor to consider. I have not noticed any deterioration in my natural hair under my system, so it may be that different people's growing hair has different reaction to being covered with a system. It may also depend on how you wear the system - types of glue you use and how often you take the system off.

Noah

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi LHLV

Forgive me for saying so, but you sound like you are getting your situation out of proportion. You have an almost full head of hair; you would be crazy to think of a hair system at this stage. Get some Toppik - it works wonders for a problem like yours.

For completeness:

- no, you would not have to wear a system for the rest of your life. You can take it off any time and buzz your side hair or wear a ballcap till your natural hair grows back.

- they don't have to shave the whole top of your hair off, but to get a good result they do have to shave the area which is thinning and which you want to cover with the system. That can be just the front, or just the crown, or a larger area, depending on how extensive your hairloss is.

- yes, you can use a system for a while and then get a transplant. Having said that, Mompo (poster above) believes (if I understand him correctly) that wearing a system has caused his natural hair under the system to deteriorate, although it has recovered since he stopped wearing. So that is a factor to consider. I have not noticed any deterioration in my natural hair under my system, so it may be that different people's growing hair has different reaction to being covered with a system. It may also depend on how you wear the system - types of glue you use and how often you take the system off.

Noah

Thanks Noah, I was just looking into it more from an option as I have heard some actors or celebs get it done but just on some areas. So for example just as you mentioned, it doesn't have to be the whole it can be a specific part like crown or hairline. I read an article that a famoous actor has it but not the whole just parts of his head that's what I was considering, not sure how that works though - my hairline and crown are the weakest.

Who do you use for systems? I agree also it seems obvously you get cheap options or more professional approach where it should not hurt your scalp over time.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
At best you could do with a front partial but as said, you could carry on without anything for a while.

Noah

Reaction score
Yes, just the crown (a crown topper) or just the front half of the head (a front partial piece) are the two most common designs, but you can really have a piece in any size or shape, even just a thin strip to lower your hairline, or even two little pieces to fill in recession at the temples. The smaller they are the more fiddly they are to apply though.

I will PM you on suppliers.

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, just the crown (a crown topper) or just the front half of the head (a front partial piece) are the two most common designs, but you can really have a piece in any size or shape, even just a thin strip to lower your hairline, or even two little pieces to fill in recession at the temples. The smaller they are the more fiddly they are to apply though.

I will PM you on suppliers.

Ok well that's not a good thing then if they are more fiddly, do you think I need it?

Noah

Reaction score
On the basis of that photo I rather doubt it, but that has to be your decision.