HAIR SYSTEM USER (WIG)

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, I genuinely don't follow. Are you saying people close to you who already know you're bald can't tell, as in they know you've done something but they're not sure what? Because that sounds... quite a bit like what i wrote?

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, I genuinely don't follow. Are you saying people close to you who already know you're bald can't tell, as in they know you've done something but they're not sure what? Because that sounds... quite a bit like what i wrote?
You're right, my apologies i was reading the comment you were replying to. I meant to say that most who can detect my system are those close to me , who closely examine my hair, (as i had none before) even touch it, and detect...think we are on the same page

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
You know, the saddest thing about this forum is if someone posts something that doesn't echo what's already been said & agreed upon, there is major backlash.

Why don't you guys just generate a comphresive list of the things you approve of, post it in a sticky, and disable comments?

I wear a toupee and I think you'd have to be STUPID to believe you're going around undetected. People don't confront directly people.They talk behind their backs.

How in the world can you have a romantic relationship & not be detected?

And if I'm wrong tell me how you're not getting detected, because I can't fathom it happening
In my opinion, when done right, yes it is getting past 99% of people

Noah

Reaction score
In my experience it's quite obvious when you have been busted. When I got my first system it was a lot more detectable than what I currently wear, and I could definitely tell when someone spotted I was wearing. Not that people are trying to be offensive, but if someone knows you are wearing a wig it's a physical effort for them to conceal it, and the vast majority of people are just not that good at acting. They want to look at your hair to check that it really is fake, and to work out why they sense it's fake, to see where the "join" is with your real hair etc, etc. They are inexorably drawn to it. So either they just go for it and they're staring at your hair, or if they are polite (which is the majority) they are struggling to "act natural" and focus on your face but not your hairline, which is also very obvious. Very few people can carry that off.

So if you're not getting that reaction, it very probably means they don't know.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, i disagree. I spend a lot of time to have an undetectable "wig" and unless i am a blind fool, i believe most can't tell.
Here a pic of me taken now, a thinskin (still waiting for lace to come in) possibly my color helps to conceal...
He is a troll, and all you are doing is baiting him!

Fanjeera

Reaction score
In my experience it's quite obvious when you have been busted. When I got my first system it was a lot more detectable than what I currently wear, and I could definitely tell when someone spotted I was wearing. Not that people are trying to be offensive, but if someone knows you are wearing a wig it's a physical effort for them to conceal it, and the vast majority of people are just not that good at acting. They want to look at your hair to check that it really is fake, and to work out why they sense it's fake, to see where the "join" is with your real hair etc, etc. They are inexorably drawn to it. So either they just go for it and they're staring at your hair, or if they are polite (which is the majority) they are struggling to "act natural" and focus on your face but not your hairline, which is also very obvious. Very few people can carry that off.

So if you're not getting that reaction, it very probably means they don't know.
Wouldn't they get tired at one point and just stop doing it?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Yeah, fwiw i think "undetectable" hairpieces are a myth, and that most likely those who notice won't confront you about it. But equally I think it's a bit paranoid to assume that everyone can tell. I'm reasonably certain that my dentist, my ENT etc know I'm wearing a hair system (WIG). If you're doing a good job of making the wig look as natural as possible, then it's likely you're fooling most people most of the time, but there may be a discerning minority who know or suspect something. If it looks believable most people would rather buy into the illusion just to spare themselves the Awkwardness.

When i was wearing concealers, i had a couple of friends who i knew were onto me, i caught them starting at my scalp or something. They never said anything until i confronted them about it and they confirmed that they knew. One of these guys was memorably thrown when i started wearing a hair system (WIG), though. He said, "weren't you losing hair before? What did you do?? I remember you used to paint it on or something". I told him it's a wig and he was genuinely surprised, he was clearly thinking transplant. "This looks a lot better", he said.

I actually dislike the term "hair system" and prefer "wig", "hair system" sounds like marketing jargon tbh. I mostly go along with the preferred terminology on these forums to avoid upsetting people but i'm pretty unconfortable with it. I've heard it argued that today's "hair systems" are so much more advanced that they should no longer be called "wigs"... i mean, it's hair woven into a 'base' that you glue to your head at the end of the day. Perhaps it's "not your father's toupee", but if you want to insist that it's not a wig, idgi.

It really seems like the most important thing to most people is that nobody finds out. For me the priority has always been to achieve a certain look. People have different reasons for wearing hair, none of them are especially 'noble' afaict so not gonna question someone else's reasons.
The word should be toupee.