HAIR SYSTEM USER (WIG)

mr p

Reaction score
used an hair system (wig) for 23 yrs have recently taken it off to get my
plugs repaired.

Its been 5mnths now its the best thing ive done, the damage to my own hair
is quite bad on the one side, very little growth. All the yrs with glue bonding has
taken its toll, I started wearing a hair system when i was about 24/ 25 yrs old
i am now 47yrs old , it was good at the time when i was young but has i got
older i got to hate it, people making remarkes, I had the latest CYBER HAIR
but people no you are wearing a (WIG) ITS SO EMBARRISING. Now i am free

Any body thinking of going for a HAIR SYSTEM take my advice and dont
you will only regret it in the end, grow old gracefully and accept your baldness

You will feel trapped with no way out, plus all the expence

CHAROUT

My Regimen
Reaction score
23YEARS oh my GOD .Before wear wigs or hair system the better is a shaving your head ,and every 2-3 years change your wig

Noah

Reaction score
I don't think photography had been invented when that was written. How about a daguerreotype?

jeepwrangler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The responses in this thread! :p

He was complaining about the glue 'destroying' his bio hair as if his hair loss was supposed to stop progressing when using a hair system.

I already know my bio hair sucks, I'm more than happy to sacrifice a few hundred follicles to not look like I'm aging in warp speed.

George Hen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m gonna take the advice of this guy who has plugs and wore a hair system (WIG) for 23 years and accept my baldness.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
My local salon sells Cyberhair too. It's synthethic and they actually say it lasts longer yes.

Robrover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I've worn wigs most of my adult life, almost 40 years now, and still want to keep it. Human hair wigs are more realistic looking than cyber. Not too many guys can pull off the shaved head look all that well, some look downright ugly almost to the point of ressembling an oversized egg.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt hairpieces 23 years ago were of same realism than today. My uncles wear wigs ( more like rugs) and we all laughed as kids...now I wear a hairpieces, after having shaved my head for12 years because I hated going bald.. I agree it is more maintenance and work than shaving, but I look 10 years younger with a piece on.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt hairpieces 23 years ago were of same realism than today. My uncles wear wigs ( more like rugs) and we all laughed as kids...now I wear a hairpieces, after having shaved my head for12 years because I hated going bald.. I agree it is more maintenance and work than shaving, but I look 10 years younger with a piece on.
He's a TROLL!

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
You know, the saddest thing about this forum is if someone posts something that doesn't echo what's already been said & agreed upon, there is major backlash.

Why don't you guys just generate a comphresive list of the things you approve of, post it in a sticky, and disable comments?

I wear a toupee and I think you'd have to be STUPID to believe you're going around undetected. People don't confront directly people.They talk behind their backs.

How in the world can you have a romantic relationship & not be detected?

And if I'm wrong tell me how you're not getting detected, because I can't fathom it happening

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
You know, the saddest thing about this forum is if someone posts something that doesn't echo what's already been said & agreed upon, there is major backlash.

Why don't you guys just generate a comphresive list of the things you approve of, post it in a sticky, and disable comments?

I wear a toupee and I think you'd have to be STUPID to believe you're going around undetected. People don't confront directly people.They talk behind their backs.

How in the world can you have a romantic relationship & not be detected?

And if I'm wrong tell me how you're not getting detected, because I can't fathom it happening
What do you expect though?, someone is trolling a hair piece forum stating they shouldn't wear them, just because he feels better that everyone should do the same? That's like us who wear going on a hair transplant forum stating they all shouldn't have surgery they should wear instead.

Sure some people might know your wearing i doubt any person wearing can be absolutely sure but who cares? i doubt anyone is doing this for others they are doing it for themselves.

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
I actually WANT the glue to destroy my bio-hair. There's still far too much of it on top - makes clean up a real b**ch!

I don't have enough for a decent cover up, but far too much to be wearing a hair system for more than a week without a buzz down :(

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah, fwiw i think "undetectable" hairpieces are a myth, and that most likely those who notice won't confront you about it. But equally I think it's a bit paranoid to assume that everyone can tell. I'm reasonably certain that my dentist, my ENT etc know I'm wearing a hair system (WIG). If you're doing a good job of making the wig look as natural as possible, then it's likely you're fooling most people most of the time, but there may be a discerning minority who know or suspect something. If it looks believable most people would rather buy into the illusion just to spare themselves the Awkwardness.

When i was wearing concealers, i had a couple of friends who i knew were onto me, i caught them starting at my scalp or something. They never said anything until i confronted them about it and they confirmed that they knew. One of these guys was memorably thrown when i started wearing a hair system (WIG), though. He said, "weren't you losing hair before? What did you do?? I remember you used to paint it on or something". I told him it's a wig and he was genuinely surprised, he was clearly thinking transplant. "This looks a lot better", he said.

I actually dislike the term "hair system" and prefer "wig", "hair system" sounds like marketing jargon tbh. I mostly go along with the preferred terminology on these forums to avoid upsetting people but i'm pretty unconfortable with it. I've heard it argued that today's "hair systems" are so much more advanced that they should no longer be called "wigs"... i mean, it's hair woven into a 'base' that you glue to your head at the end of the day. Perhaps it's "not your father's toupee", but if you want to insist that it's not a wig, idgi.

i doubt anyone is doing this for others they are doing it for themselves.

It really seems like the most important thing to most people is that nobody finds out. For me the priority has always been to achieve a certain look. People have different reasons for wearing hair, none of them are especially 'noble' afaict so not gonna question someone else's reasons.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, i disagree. I spend a lot of time to have an undetectable "wig" and unless i am a blind fool, i believe most can't tell.
Here a pic of me taken now, a thinskin (still waiting for lace to come in) possibly my color helps to conceal...

Attachments

• 20210804_183705.jpg
    20210804_183705.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 104