Hair System Question For Crown.....

Heftylefty17

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

Is there any type of hair system that can can cover a bald spot in the crown area? I have a good hairline but the bald spot bothers me. I have been searching online and have yet to find any pictures or services that offer a hair piece for the crown.

Thank You

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Heftylefty

Yes, pieces just for the crown are the easiest of all. Any hairpiece vendor can make you one with a lace or thinskin base. You just stick it on and it disappears into your natural hair - no fuss. They are sometimes called crown toppers. I think the reason why you don't see pictures of them is that they are no challenge to make, and there is nothing to see when they are on!

Obviously you do need to make sure you get a good colour match. If you are concerned about the piece being felt, then there is a bit of technique around avoiding that.

Ed

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There are a few guys on this forum and others that sport them; one member was quite young but had alopecia and needed one.

As Noah says they can be discrete given a good colour match.

crown topper, partial topper, partial

You need to find a good supplier that will custom make one for you or you can purchase an over sized one and cut to size.

Heftylefty17

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the great information, is it easier to go somewhere to get fitted? Or do people usually order online and put it on themselves? I am in long island are there any places that you can recommend? Or an online vendor?

Thanks again!

Noah

Reaction score
You can definitely do it yourself, and you will save a lot of money and very likely get a better result. Because there is no exposed edge you can get away with quite a lot and it won't show. Making the template on your own can be a bit fiddly, as can shaving the area under the piece for the first time. It is nice if you have a close friend or family member to help with those things, although you can manage even if you don't.

All that said, there is something to be said for getting professional help for your first piece. Unfortunately I can't suggest anywhere in Long Island.

Noah

Heftylefty17

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went for a consultation today , they wanted to charge me 395 a month, which includes everything, still think that is high.

Noah

Reaction score
US300 seems to be the going rate for these Hair Club-style places. It is a lot, when you consider that you can buy a really nice hairpiece for about 200 which will last you 4 or 5 months.

Heftylefty17

My Regimen
Reaction score
Buying my own will be a better option. The other way is over 4k annually. I looked at top lace it was a very informative site and good pricing as well.