Hair System For Completely Bald Men

Phonytail

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all,

I’ve been lurking on the forums for a few weeks and I’m impressed with the quality of answers as well as how helpful everyone is. So first off thankyou for that.

So I am considering my first system, but my way of dealing with hair loss is to shave my head completely. It looks great on me and it’s easy to deal with. So before I commit 100% to a hair system I sort of wanted to try it out. Maybe wear one for a day and see how I like it. I have watched prettymuch every YouTube video out there and have looked around at some pics but it seems like there’s not much for a bald man who wants to slap on some hair. I’d rather not consult a hair stylist but would much rather do this myself. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Phonytail - brilliant nick man.

What you are talking about is referred to as a "full cap". All of the Internet system manufacturers will sell you a full cap constructed from the same fine lace materials and hair as a standard hair system. The price is a bit higher, but not prohibitively so.

A full cap over a shaved head seems like a neat idea, but be aware that there are certain limitations with a full cap. In particular the fit of the piece on the back of the neck can be problematic - there you are fixing the base onto an area of flexible muscle which is continually changing shape, rather than a fixed-shape bony area. Adhesion and undetectability to the touch can be difficult. Also there are some areas of a natural head of hair which are difficult to recreate with a prosthetic - particularly the temples and sideburns. The natural hair growth there is thin and fine, and on a hairpiece the base mesh would show through. So most full caps come with a rather shaggy style to conceal those limitations. Very structured short cuts are out. An almost-full cap works better in terms of naturalness and undetectability, if you keep your natural hair on your neck, sideburns and temples. But then of course you look pretty odd when you take it off, so it's swings and roundabouts. By all means give a full cap a go provided you are aware of the limitations.

Noah

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all,

I’ve been lurking on the forums for a few weeks and I’m impressed with the quality of answers as well as how helpful everyone is. So first off thankyou for that.

So I am considering my first system, but my way of dealing with hair loss is to shave my head completely. It looks great on me and it’s easy to deal with. So before I commit 100% to a hair system I sort of wanted to try it out. Maybe wear one for a day and see how I like it. I have watched prettymuch every YouTube video out there and have looked around at some pics but it seems like there’s not much for a bald man who wants to slap on some hair. I’d rather not consult a hair stylist but would much rather do this myself. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I have seen some postings, on other sites, of guys with long hair and full caps. Forget about anything Viking, man buns, and ponytails. But If you want a full head of long, beautiful locks... and your side hair is crap (like mine) full cap appears to be the way to go. I toyed with it briefly, but will not suit the styles I am interested in.

Phonytail

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Phonytail - brilliant nick man.

What you are talking about is referred to as a "full cap". All of the Internet system manufacturers will sell you a full cap constructed from the same fine lace materials and hair as a standard hair system. The price is a bit higher, but not prohibitively so.

A full cap over a shaved head seems like a neat idea, but be aware that there are certain limitations with a full cap. In particular the fit of the piece on the back of the neck can be problematic - there you are fixing the base onto an area of flexible muscle which is continually changing shape, rather than a fixed-shape bony area. Adhesion and undetectability to the touch can be difficult. Also there are some areas of a natural head of hair which are difficult to recreate with a prosthetic - particularly the temples and sideburns. The natural hair growth there is thin and fine, and on a hairpiece the base mesh would show through. So most full caps come with a rather shaggy style to conceal those limitations. Very structured short cuts are out. An almost-full cap works better in terms of naturalness and undetectability, if you keep your natural hair on your neck, sideburns and temples. But then of course you look pretty odd when you take it off, so it's swings and roundabouts. By all means give a full cap a go provided you are aware of the limitations.

Noah

Thanks for the info Noah, the ones I’ve seen that were a full cap didn’t look too realistic. I was thinking of trying a look more like a undercut but maybe I’ll try a full cap. Did you have any good sources for one?

Phonytail

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have seen some postings, on other sites, of guys with long hair and full caps. Forget about anything Viking, man buns, and ponytails. But If you want a full head of long, beautiful locks... and your side hair is crap (like mine) full cap appears to be the way to go. I toyed with it briefly, but will not suit the styles I am interested in.

That might be fun me with long hair. Have you seen any realistic ones? I’d love to entertain the idea.