Hair System Fitted And I'm Freaking Out!!

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem with his before hair is probably that he can’t do much with it, someone could be totally bald get a hair system and look amazing so why can’t someone who doesn’t start with the hair they want it’s like saying only homeless people are allowed a Ferrari why would someone with a corsa need one when they have a working car

Of course. It is just a matter of opinion. I have played with hair systems and I don't think I could personally be comfortable with them. Unless a person has truly exhausted all means of regaining the hair they have naturally, I don't think a hair system is a great idea. But I don't know what OP has actually tried and failed with.

Keep in mind with a hair system, you will spend the rest of your life shaving your head, getting something glued to it, getting it "cut in", worrying about the blend, worrying about the density, worrying if knots will show or lace, wondering if people "know", and trying to conceal it from people.

It is not an ideal life. Medications for hair loss can definitely have side effects. I am suffering from some right now (dry eyes from daro) but for me the side effects are worth it for having your own actual hair. They are far worse than the neurosis that you may adopt when you spend the rest of your life with fake hair glued to your head.

I understand hair systems are a valid option, and I will get one myself if I am forced at some time to stop medication treatment, as I can't be visibly bald. It would look too bad. So perhaps my comment was unfair not knowing OP's history. But what I was trying to say is "Is this really the life you want, and have you really tried everything else first?"

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't get it, why most system wearers are trying to expose their hairlines, when hiding it with bangs seems to be a more reasonable decision?

Tom Williams

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Idealforehead,

Thank you for your opinion.

I am the OP and to be honest i didn't look into medication that much. As far as i looked was regaine. I also looked into to hair transplants.

They didn't offer what I wanted and what I wanted was a full head of hair now.

I didn't want to wait, I didn't want the risk of failure. I wanted 100% hair on my head now.

As for the lifesytle of having a system. I love it. I love the fact I can wash my hair. I love the fact I can buy products for it. I love the fact that I am booking into salons for a cut in. I love the fact it makes me feel normal and confident.

As for the worry of people detecting it. I'd rather take that risk than ealking around with a hat on or worrying that my hair fibres would run.

Thank you again for you views.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To the OP, bravo for taking the steps you needed. Although no piece is perfect, think yours is fine. Having short hair on sides and a full top does take getting used to..younger dudes have more density and if that is your desired look, then go for it. I myself prefer light density. Have tried both skin and lace..both have their cons... very thin skin ,3 mil, can have realistic hairline. Lace can also provide that realistic hairline provided that the knots are bleached (you have dark hair). There are different quality lace units, so research is needed ..

Tom Williams

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all.

Just an update. I've had my system on for nearly 4 weeks now and still learning.

I've had a little lifting at the front and a bit at the back. As it's fitted with ghost bond i just press back down and it sticks.

As for still learning, I have been told to wash it 2 times a week max. I've found by the 3rd after not washing and wax daily it feels and looks horrible. Maybe a product change would help. Again i like having hair problems than bald problems.

I've now booked in with someone close to me for my system to be taken off cleaned and refitted. The place is in bolton and the guy doing it has 30 years experience of wig making. His website isn't great but i have spoken to him on the phone. He knows everything, very experienced. He's offering stock pieces half the price I got mine for and custom for £150 less.

His website is www.hairsystems.co.uk has anyone any experience or heard of him.

He also offers money back gurantee if not happy!

zyzz959

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve just had a horrible experience with hair systems it looks fine in the salon but after a few days I saw it outside in day light and I couldn’t believe my eyes, I’m now booked in for a hair transplant with a very good doctor in Turkey for only 1.7k that’s with hotel and prp and everything included if a system doesn’t work for you you always have that option

zyzz959

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey mate, can i ask if you have ever taking a mirror outside and looked at your hair or seen yourself outside with it on ?

Tom Williams

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Zyzz

Yes i have. I am constantly taking videos on my phone. Inside, outside, under spot lights, under Led lights as I'm conscous of it lifting. It always looks fine

zyzz959

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay that’s Great then it literally looked like I had something taped to my head( even tho I do lol ) I was shocked I will try a new place next time or maybe I’m just hoping for results that aren’t achievable with fake hair

paul brooks

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all.

Just an update. I've had my system on for nearly 4 weeks now and still learning.

I've had a little lifting at the front and a bit at the back. As it's fitted with ghost bond i just press back down and it sticks.

As for still learning, I have been told to wash it 2 times a week max. I've found by the 3rd after not washing and wax daily it feels and looks horrible. Maybe a product change would help. Again i like having hair problems than bald problems.

I've now booked in with someone close to me for my system to be taken off cleaned and refitted. The place is in bolton and the guy doing it has 30 years experience of wig making. His website isn't great but i have spoken to him on the phone. He knows everything, very experienced. He's offering stock pieces half the price I got mine for and custom for £150 less.

His website is www.hairsystems.co.uk has anyone any experience or heard of him.

He also offers money back gurantee if not happy!
yes i used to go to him he was called stan he runs it from his house in westhoughton
he does a good cut in but does not colour your system if it lightens up.he has his own factory in
china.he is a nice guy

Tom Williams

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay that’s Great then it literally looked like I had something taped to my head( even tho I do lol ) I was shocked I will try a new place next time or maybe I’m just hoping for results that aren’t achievable with fake hair

You know that was the issue for me when I had mine fitted.

I had something glued to my head. It felt unnatural and didn't look right at first. It had a mind of it's own. Was thick, dense and felt like i had a brush on my head.

Now though it's part of me. From my experience and understanding, they will never be perfect. You can't get perfection from something that is fake. That is what we look for though as we are obsessed.

As i have said before i would rather have fake hair issues than bald issues.

Tom Williams

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes i used to go to him he was called stan he runs it from his house in westhoughton
he does a good cut in but does not colour your system if it lightens up.he has his own factory in
china.he is a nice guy

Hi Paul,

Yes he is the guy. Stan the Wig Man he calls himself lol. He seems very nice and knowledgeable. So do you recommend him. I notice you say you used to use him. Do you use someone else now?

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow. Looks amazing. Certainly what I'll be going for incase the current treatment doesn't work out.

Tom Williams

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone is intetested but i'm updating anyway lol.

I went to see a guy called Stan who runs the site hairsystems.co.uk.

As you know i had problems with density, exposed hairline etc. He told me about exposed hair lines, how best to wear, that sometimes the piece can cast a shadow on your forehead and all other great advice.
20171228_082743.jpg
20171228_082447.jpg
20171228_082053.jpg

To be honest, even though I am happy with my system I wish I had gone to Stan first. He has so much experience and advice. He gave me a cut and re applied my system and cut that and thinned it too. Also I only had card no cash. He said just to pay next time or not at all if I didn't like it! For my new system I'm going to him. He has taken a hair sample and ordering me a custom system. I pay 100 deposit. It will be ready in 8 weeks and he said he will keep it until I am ready for it and pay when fitted.

What a guy. I've attached pics and I'm much happier now, not that I was sad with my system before but i feel more natural and more my age.

I'd also love to hear your comments, good, bad, negative. It's still a learning curve.

Ant70c

My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally I think it looks pretty good keep the updates coming
I seem to be losing more hair daily and getting more depressed haha I have a system in my safe just haven’t took the dive yet but I think it will be happening soon

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Blows my mind you would start with a still great and salvageable head of hair like that, shave it off, and glue that thing to your head.

Does it look good? Definitely. But you'll find over time it's nothing like having real hair.

yeah I was thinking that, if my natural hair looked like that I would never consider wearing a piece when you are at most a NW2 with a bald spot and graying hair. I'd get on finasteride, minoxidil, maybe see how Toppik looks - if not maybe dye it a little / try and get rid of the wiriness to it.

I'd much rather have a mediocre NW2 that is all my own, than a fantastic head of hair that is actually a piece