Hair System Color Protection Shampoo And Conditioner

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone recommend me any good color protection shampoo and conditioners?

I've noticed my systems color has started to fade out a little...you can't really notice it unless under lighting etc! Plus my hair at the sides has always tended to grow darker.

Thanks in advance

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are both color restorative shampoos and conditioners out there, you need to look to see what brands are sold where you live. There are also color protecting shampoos and conditioners also, which you should be using regularly.

Given the fact that you don't live in a sunny clime, I am surprised that you are experiencing fading this early on.

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are both color restorative shampoos and conditioners out there, you need to look to see what brands are sold where you live. There are also color protecting shampoos and conditioners also, which you should be using regularly.

Given the fact that you don't live in a sunny clime, I am surprised that you are experiencing fading this early on.

It's only a little bit at the front which has just gone a little lighter (I'm probably over reacting lol) I think when I have my sides cut shorter it should be ok!

TheLoneWigMaker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use Aveda Color Conserve shampoo and conditioner. It is formulated to seal the cuticle, which is the natural hair's protection layer for the inner cortex pigment from fading out, through washing and oxidation. Unfortunately, most factory hair already strips the cuticle layer, which allows the dye to fade easier.

It is still a good lineup. However, any good quality line without parabens and sulfites will reduce fading.

Pair with a UV blocking leave in conditioner to minimize light oxidation.

Shampoo only once a week to minimize wash out fading.

Finally, to restore the color faded, use a color depositing conditioner to correct *your* faded color. If you are fading to red, use green. If you are fading to orange, use blue. Mix with standard conditioner to dilute if necessary.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078PNSJYQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_pDfCEbSF4N9E6

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use Aveda Color Conserve shampoo and conditioner. It is formulated to seal the cuticle, which is the natural hair's protection layer for the inner cortex pigment from fading out, through washing and oxidation. Unfortunately, most factory hair already strips the cuticle layer, which allows the dye to fade easier.

It is still a good lineup. However, any good quality line without parabens and sulfites will reduce fading.

Finally, to restore the color faded, use a color depositing conditioner to correct *your* faded color. If you are fading to red, use green. If you are fading to orange, use blue. Mix with standard conditioner to dilute if necessary.

Thank you for the information. I'll look into getting some of that shampoo / conditioner in the future! Not a problem at the moment but just in case.

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Back2natural

Hey

When you used this product is it easier to apply once the system is off your head to avoid getting it on the base?

Does it get darker depending how long you apply for?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Hey

When you used this product is it easier to apply once the system is off your head to avoid getting it on the base?

Does it get darker depending how long you apply for?
I do it eyes closed when it's attached. Hasn't still got on the lace. The longer it's on, the darker it gets.

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Did you comb it through or just use your fingers and gently apply?

I got the light brown one from hair direct which I plan to use over the next few days.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Did you comb it through or just use your fingers and gently apply?

I got the light brown one from hair direct which I plan to use over the next few days.
I don't comb. I just rub it around with my fingers and don't even use a mirror to watch what I'm doing.

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hi,

That aveda shampoo / conditioner is so expensive! Is the hask argan oil shampoo and conditioner good?

David1776

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve read several places where people had good performance with Hask Argan products on their hair systems. Oddly enough, I bought the conditioner and leave in conditioner this morning at Walmart. They were out of the shampoo. Cost was under $6 for leave in and under $5 for regular conditioner. Haven’t used it yet.

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use back2natural available at hairdirect.com. kinda pricey-25 dollars. I don't use dyes anymore because it works so well. I leave it in for about 15 minutes. It is actually good for the hair, or so it says. The color dark natural ash blonde is exactly my color.

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve read several places where people had good performance with Hask Argan products on their hair systems. Oddly enough, I bought the conditioner and leave in conditioner this morning at Walmart. They were out of the shampoo. Cost was under $6 for leave in and under $5 for regular conditioner. Haven’t used it yet.

I'm going to have to pick some of this up. Although I can't seem to find the leave in conditioner on Amazon.

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use back2natural available at hairdirect.com. kinda pricey-25 dollars. I don't use dyes anymore because it works so well. I leave it in for about 15 minutes. It is actually good for the hair, or so it says. The color dark natural ash blonde is exactly my color.

I've recently got some of this! I'm planning to use when I do the maintenance. I imagine it's easier to apply of your head.

Reactions: TEG

David1776

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been using Pro Hair Lab Pro Series which the cheapest I can find is $15.99 per bottle plus shipping at Hairtape.com. The ingredients in Hask look very similar with no sulfates or Parabens. The Hask does not say anything about UV protection on the leave in conditioner.

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been using Pro Hair Lab Pro Series which the cheapest I can find is $15.99 per bottle plus shipping at Hairtape.com. The ingredients in Hask look very similar with no sulfates or Parabens. The Hask does not say anything about UV protection on the leave in conditioner.

They do a separate heat conditioner one. Amazon sell it...you need to search argan oil heat defense. A nice price aswell.