Hair System Advice - Really Appreciate Help.

Jamie Sutherland

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys. My names jamie I’m from England and new to this forum,

After a battle with serious depression over my hair loss I started wearing a system ive been wearing a system for around 4 years now, my hairline receded at a young age probably around 17/18 I’m now 25. Decided to take the plunge into hair systems after propecia and regain didn’t seem to be delivering any the aesthetics I was hoping for. My hair line has receded at the temples and thinned, as my hair is always bic razor shaved for my system I can’t really tell what stage it’s at now.

My questions are as folllows-

1- Until lately I’ve just thought I had solved my problem but reacently I’ve started getting really anxious that my temple points may thin or recede so bad a system will look stupid, I’ve included photos of my side hair and I’d really like an opinion on if I have anything to worry about at the moment or if I still have decent quality side hair to pull off a system (pardon the pun).

2- id like to ask any system wearers how they handle their maintence I spend £350 on my system £80 refits and £12 fades, I find myself traveling to my salon very frequently as I feel as soon as my natural hair grows out my system looks less good and more obvious and it really effects my budget.

3- does any one have any tips for when you refit yourself to avoid getting those annoying creases in the system or having over hang and just not fitted on flush, I’ve tried a million times and can never get fitted as nice as it feels after the salon.

Attachments

• 562AEBC1-83FC-4C57-973C-4E681BD703CE.jpeg
    562AEBC1-83FC-4C57-973C-4E681BD703CE.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 301
  • C7532053-C109-4691-96EF-A91B4DF331CE.jpeg
    C7532053-C109-4691-96EF-A91B4DF331CE.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 308

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Jamie

1. I would say you don't have a problem, at least for now. Sure, your sides are thinning, but getting a balanced believable look is more to do with where the hair grows than how much. In your case your temple points still seem to be well in front of your ears, and that is the important measure. I have the same issue, in fact somewhat worse than yours, and am managing to make it work using an undercut style. I will PM you with a bit more info about that.

2. I order my own systems on-line and do my own maintenance, including cutting my biohair with a vacuum haircutter device. It's really not that difficult, at least for the hairstyle I have, although it might be more difficult if you have a conventional fade haircut. I get my systems cut in remotely by arrangement with the supplier, and then I get a local barber to tidy up the blend when it's on my head.

3. To get a perfect result you need a system that fits snugly, which for most people means a custom system. In terms of the process, this is my method: I put the tape on the back of my piece, but leave the backing on. I also put two extra small pieces of tape - about 1 centimetre square - about level with my temples, one on each side of the piece. I fold back the corner of the backing tape on those 2 small pieces, so that it will be easy to get off. Then I put the piece on my head and adjust it till it is perfectly in position. Then I hold it firmly in position with left hand on top of my head, and flip back the front and pull the backing off those 2 small pieces of tape. I then stick those 2 pieces of tape down. That anchors the whole hairpiece into the correct position. Then I flip up the back, remove the backing from the rest of the tape, and stick it down. I do this in 2 stages - middle section and then back section. Then I hold the front unglued section down with my hand and mark where the hairline is - I use the teeth of a comb to make a temporary mark in my skin, but you can also use a make-up pencil. Finally I flip up the front, clip it back, put on the glue following the marked hairline, let it dry, then carefully place the lace onto the glue. Hope that makes sense.

Noah