Hair system adverts - what they tell us about the advertiser

Smartone84

Established Member
Reaction score
Saying you don't mean offense does not negate your offensive statement. The gay comment was unnecessary and offensive. OBVI Lavivd does just fine, it's YOU that has the problem.
You are wrong. There is no problem here. At all. If you are this offended by what I said and cannot understand the point I was trying to get across (especially for someone like you who is in the business himself trying to make a living off of hair systems) then I can only imagine how you would handle someone saying something truly offensive.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's still one of the most fascinating things to me when I see stuff like this. Like I wonder am I in the minority of the people who understand what a head of natural hair and hairline looks like? It makes me cringe not just bc it looks bad, but because stuff like this on the internet will only continue to hold the negative stigma in place for hair systems. I'm also not afraid to say that Lordhair is one of the absolute worst when it comes to advertising photos and videos, especially on their YouTube account. They don't seem to understand the difference between good and bad density, or why if someone has recessed sides their hairline shouldn't be as low as it was when they were 14.

View attachment 153551
Lord Hair is King of ridiculous pics. WTF IS THIS?!!?

Noah

Reaction score
I talked a while back with the manager of a hair system salon in England, and he reckoned about 30% of his customers are gay men, and roughly the same percentage are men with failed transplants or unsightly hair tattoos. Interestingly, the other identifiable grouping (at least in England) is young ethnically Indian guys sharpening themselves up for marriage.

So the pink pound/dollar is a prize worth having in the hair replacement industry. That said, I think the point Smartone was trying to make is that the LaVivid advert plays to an old stereotype, that wearing a hair system is feminising, which is unhelpful if you are trying to sell the concept to straight men, or if you are a straight man who wears a system trying to explain your decision to others.

I'm sure LaVivid will have thought about that and tailored their advertising accordingly. For every flouncing pouty type hoping to look beautiful again there will be a sweaty rugger player / bodybuilder catching the eye of the pretty girl with his luxuriant do. Something for everyone.