Hair Still Thinning In The Temples But Success In The Crown???

Nexus6

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys! I posted this in another forum as well 'cause I'm kinda desperate. I've been reading this forum as well as others incessantly in recent weeks. My case is this: I believe I'm still an NW1 at least to other people's eyes hahaha :D (I'll try to post photos) but I've always noticed a spot in the crown area. I decided to take Finasteride 1mg. I have been taking it for 4 months and have already noticed a very satisfactory result in the crown area (I don't have pictures of it before starting finasteride :(). BUT in the area that has that triangular shape in the temples I notice the hair still thinning (Under proper lighting I see several thin blond strands between the normal ones) more on the right side than the left. I'm sure it was not that thin before I started taking it! I wonder if it is normal with 4 months of Finasteride I still see the hair thinning. It is too early? Should I wait or increase the dose? If it has already had an effect on the back then why the temples only get worse? Is there a chance my temple hair will get thick again?

Sorry for my bad english! Posting from Brazil.

26142503_10214595079371266_187726240_o.jpg 26134087_10214595078571246_1352204940_o.jpg 26104936_10214595079331265_765891332_o.jpg 26104920_10214595078931255_1963069285_o.jpg 26104762_10214595079091259_2008009994_o.jpg

Reactions: Oro

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Then what does Finasteride do to temples then?

I find that when i started taking it my temples were itchy as anything as they sped up receding... or shedding if that is what it is.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
and you surely will get better result with duta
I disagree. I won't get into why because we've all read the horror stories about dutasteride. Why haven't you started dutasteride Michel? You seem sure finasteride is not working for you so that should be your next option, right?
@neddy2016 Same thing happened to me, I've dropped finasteride after a year and my itch is fading but my shedding seems to have increased :( It's a mind f*** to me right now haha

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
i am currently on duta .5 mg twice a week despite the gyno
I'm proud of you buddy, keep it up! Do you think dutasteride is helping?

Why anyone would be proud of someone—a male, particularly—for taking something that’s effectively giving him boobs, I just cannot discern. I can usually keep my mouth shut if you seem to be getting along fine on finasteride or, worse, duta without any noticeable sides, but if your body is conspicuously telling you that something isn’t right with it and you continue, that just seems foolish.

Just my two cents. Please don’t hammer me too hard. All that said, I support your right to go as far as castrating yourself, if that’s what you want to do (no I’m not saying finasteride and duta is castration, I’m actually talking about the literal procedure)

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why anyone would be proud of someone—a male, particularly—for taking something that’s effectively giving him boobs, I just cannot discern. I can usually keep my mouth shut if you seem to be getting along fine on finasteride or, worse, duta without any noticeable sides, but if your body is conspicuously telling you that something isn’t right with it and you continue, that just seems foolish.

Just my two cents. Please don’t hammer me too hard. All that said, I support your right to go as far as castrating yourself, if that’s what you want to do (no I’m not saying finasteride and duta is castration, I’m actually talking about the literal procedure)
In this game sometimes you have to make sacrifices to get the results you want. I am by no means saying I am proud of him for growing tits that would be absurd. I meant to come across as I am proud of him for pushing forward.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive read so many reports that people say duta has attacked their hairline??
finasteride attacked mine so I completely believe dutasteride can too. From what I've read up on since I began researching hair loss treatments is with dutasteride either it will give you excellent regrowth or disgustingly accelerate your recession. Dare to flip that coin? ;)