Hair situation with pics

Oriol

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I've been on Avodart for about 7 years. Along the years i've also used other stuff like minoxidil, flutamide and lately RU but unfortunately i had to quit since it was giving me heart problems with 50mg/day dosage.

Now i only use Avodart and sometimes Nizoral

I feel that my hairline is slowly thinning and, as you can see, my right temple is very different from my left.

EDIT:

UPDATE 2020

Avodart for 12 years. Pictures timeline.

2009 (I've started in the beginning of 2008 but these are the most recent ones I could get)

HPIM0653.JPG
HPIM0660.JPG
HPIM0665.JPG

IMG_0666.jpgIMG_0660.jpgIMG_0661.jpgIMG_0663.jpgIMG_0664.jpgIMG_0669.jpg

1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

2020 (today):
cab5.jpg
cab1.jpg
cab2.jpg
cab3.jpg
cab4.jpg

Attachments

• 125518-e4e857273345aca8d8e5d6206750370c.jpg
    125518-e4e857273345aca8d8e5d6206750370c.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 125516-4a3427f6791d48f161e446c478a86bde.jpg
    125516-4a3427f6791d48f161e446c478a86bde.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 140
  • 125517-91648c1783f137afe6d04c503177c526.jpg
    125517-91648c1783f137afe6d04c503177c526.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems like you have done everything/ruled it out due sides.

You can increase Avodart dose, apparently promotes better hair growth in the trials, this will be expensive though. Going from 0.5 to 2.5 mg will cost a fair bit. I would just keep doing what you're doing and start thinking about a transplant when that area goes. You will still have a fullish head of hair with this.

Oriol

Established Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately i dont. I forgot to save what i have when o formatted my pc once.

I take 0,5mg day

Wolf Pack yes, it's very expensive and i dont want to up the dose because i dont know what's the long term safety from type 1 AR inhibition.
Maybe i'll try RU at a lower dose, dont know if that will do to much to be honest.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately i dont. I forgot to save what i have when o formatted my pc once.

I take 0,5mg day

Wolf Pack yes, it's very expensive and i dont want to up the dose because i dont know what's the long term safety from type 1 AR inhibition.
Maybe i'll try RU at a lower dose, dont know if that will do to much to be honest.

Yes ideally you would want to add RU and Minoxidil but you kind of ruled it out in your opening post. Also they are topicals, so you need to be certain you will stick to it. If your finances are okay, a transplant abroad seems a good option when the time comes.

You have been taking dutasteride anyway so the safety concern is no different at that dose. The amount of DHT inhibited for 0.5 or 2.5 is identical. It's just that at 2.5 it will stay in your system more so promotes better hair growth.

I agree though, very expensive to go down that route. It seems you started pretty early and maintained reasonably well thus far so I wouldn't be too concerned yet.

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For 7+ years your hair looks ****ing fantastic. If I saw you on the street noway would I ever think you would be balding. I'd probably think you have been blessed by the genetic gods to not have to deal with it.

dark&bald

Established Member
Reaction score
A lot of men have asymmetrical hairlines. even though your hairline on the right is less than perfect, you still have a good v-angle. a good barber can sharpen up your hairline and make it less noticeable if it really bothers you.

Oriol

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys.

Yes i understand that it's not that bad and i'm aware that i'm in a better position than many people in this forum and sorry if somehow i sound egocentric and greedy.
I'm just not happy by the way my hair is looking, but there's nothing much i can do. I'm already taking a powerful anti-dht like Avodart and honestly i dont believe much in topicals like RU, but maybe i'll give it another try in a lower dose!

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I wonder if a hair transplant surgeon would even consider doing such a small transplant It would be like what 10-25 hairs?

David.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Ummm sir can I touch your hair? Great density.

Did you have any sides on dutasteride? 7 years is a long time to be on it. At what age did you start and how old are you now. How bad was your hair before getting on it?

I can see a minor difference. Like others said I wouldn't do anything else. Wait a month or more and then evaluate.

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys.

Yes i understand that it's not that bad and i'm aware that i'm in a better position than many people in this forum and sorry if somehow i sound egocentric and greedy.
I'm just not happy by the way my hair is looking, but there's nothing much i can do. I'm already taking a powerful anti-dht like Avodart and honestly i dont believe much in topicals like RU, but maybe i'll give it another try in a lower dose!

What did you think of flutamide?

Oriol

Established Member
Reaction score
So a update here. I dont think hair changed too much in 3 years, maybe a bit thinner in the front but who knows.

These pics have lower quality than the ones in the 1st post and were taken under shitty light. The hair is a little bigger too.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 446
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 409
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 431
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 437
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 430
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 423

Oriol

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes.

I also have dermatitis so sometimes I use nizoral and coal tar shampoo, but those are only just to keep away the inflammation and promote a healthy scalp, I doubt they do anything for hair loss.

Last edited:

Michael Grant

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you mind me asking and this seems kind of odd, but Ithink I may know what my biggest issue is. What kind of sheets do you have on your bed. I’m thinking that my sheets may have to be some of the reason for my hair loss. The reason being i have cotton sheets and I’m now noticing that it’s friciton between the pillow case and my head. Now I feel like I need to go buy silk sheets

Oriol

Established Member
Reaction score
lol wtf man? And why are you asking this here? I really doubt that's the reason of your hair loss.