Hair Replacement System What About Hair Underneath?

Hmmm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi I'm 32, male with Norwood 3 hair loss but I shave it short now because of the receding hair line, I think my hair is thinner on top but not sure as there is still a lot, I would like to know if I got a hair system what would happen to my hair underneath? Would it continue to grow and push the system off? go bad causing infection? Start to die more rapidly and fall out which wouldn't bother me to be fair as I would have a system over it, also how often do these systems need to be replaced as the least? The surgery would tell you every 4 weeks to get more money out of you but I can't afford that, I'm an electrician but have kids and a mortgage which is more important, ideally every 8 weeks would be more affordable or more if possible, thanks for your help

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Hmmm

If you go for a system you will buzz the hair underneath. The base of the system is transparent, and when you place it against your bare skin it gives the illusion that the system hair is growing out of your scalp. If you leave hair growing underneath the system it would be visible through the base, and spoil the illusion.

Provided you keep everything hygienic with regular maintenance, the system doesn't harm your growing hair at all, so if you decide to ditch the system at some point, whatever growing hair you have left will grow back. Obviously it does continue to grow while the system is on, but you will be buzzing it every week or two when you take the system off for maintenance, so there is never enough hair to be visible or uncomfortable, or to push the system off.

I get about 5 months each out of my systems. I have 2 on the go at any one time, and I get 10 months wear from the pair. You could probably get 6 months if you were careful and protect them from the sun. You should count on a bit less for your first unit though, while you are learning the ropes - maybe 3 or 4 months.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I shave to a #1. Hair underneath grows as per normal.

12-months is the average wear time I get.

Mister Goodbar

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I got my first hair piece years ago, it used clips to hold the sides and back on, and tape at the front. So I never had to buzz my hair off. Of course tape holds better then the clips and I don't think anyone is using them anymore. But if you want to see if a hairpiece is right for you, you can try this system, and if you don't like it then you don't have to wait for your buzzed hair to grow back. Because of the receding hairline, you can use tape at the front which is important for it to hold on properly.

Hmmm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi thank you for your replies, from what I have been told by companies that want me to go to them is that I need to have it replaced every month at around £300 a time which is very expensive, I really couldn't afford that, a lot of people I know don't spend that much on a mortgage, is there another option? I don't want a cheap piece, I want it to look perfect but maybe replace it less frequently and go to another hair dresser that doesn't charge as much because they think you won't go elsewhere.