Hair Piece Advice (please Help) - Need Recommendations

Carl Rogerson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I’m 24 and I’m balding quickly. I take finasteride and it has slowed down the balding a little.

I want to get a hair piece now so I can cover my bald spots without anyone noticing. I cannot afford to go to a hairpiece clinic (Like men2go) and buy two expensive hair pieces a year and then spending £100 on maintaining it throughout the year. I was wondering if anyone could recommend me any sites to buy good quality hair piece? Also does anyone know any barbers in the London area which would be able to style my hair piece and then once a month trim the sides of my hair?

Also before buying a hair piece is there anything else I would need to consider?

Thanks in advance

Dave Smith

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ladlox.com would be my recommendation. They are making bespoke human hair systems for about £260

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Carl, I sent you a PM too with some suggestions.

There are lots of small tweaks which you can consider in due course, but main thing you need to consider at the start is what base material you want. I would say lace if you are sporty or sweaty, skin only if you are sedentary and/or have an air conditioned lifestyle. Then there is custom or stock - stocks are only available in the most common colours, but if you have the choice of using a stock piece basically it is just a question of whether you want to do that now, or wait 8 weeks or so for a custom made unit. The last big decision is what adhesives to use. Tape is more convenient, gives a stronger hold, and is easier to clean up. Glue gives a somewhat more perfect undetectable result, and is pretty undetectable to the feel as well as the sight. So it's a balance, depending on your lifestyle factors. Personally I use tape on the back and sides, glue for the hairline. I think that is a pretty common compromise solution.

Best of luck in getting started, and feel free to come back if you need more info or guidance.
Noah