Hair Multiplication/Cloning Human Trials 2023: Yokohama National University

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, I agree with @pegasus2, you don't really have any clue what you're talking about. CRISPR is already industrialized, I literally just told you there are over 10 approved products with it in the USA right now. And no, it wasn't "underway" many years before that, until the late 2000s scientists had no idea it could be used to edit DNA. There were no pre-clinical CRISPR programs in the 2000s.

It certainly has roadblocks to being used in more complex situations, but that's not really the point here.
You would be dead before they would use gene editing for cosmetic use.

hair clone would be out before that.

i dont get why to even talk about it . Pointless

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
You would be dead before they would use gene editing for cosmetic use.

hair clone would be out before that.

i dont get why to even talk about it . Pointless
He asked for examples of regenerative medicine being approved in under 7 years, I gave him 12 examples.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, I agree with @pegasus2, you don't really have any clue what you're talking about. CRISPR is already industrialized, I literally just told you there are over 10 approved products with it in the USA right now. And no, it wasn't "underway" many years before that, until the late 2000s scientists had no idea it could be used to edit DNA. There were no pre-clinical CRISPR programs in the 2000s.

It certainly has roadblocks to being used in more complex situations, but that's not really the point here.

Crispr is a technique and still not a treatment, it makes no sense what you are point out. Crispr is a "dna scissor" not a treatment, you wouldn't call scissors a treatment would you?

I think you don't understand the term "industrialized". And now that we have established that crispr is a "dna scissor" then we can look at the other problem that crispr carries with it.

Off-Target Effects

A major concern for implementing CRISPR/Cas9 for gene therapy is the relatively high frequency of off-target effects (OTEs), which have been observed at a frequency of ≥50%

TALEN VS Crispr

“With CRISPR, you’ll start seeing cutting where you want; and as you increase, you’ll see more efficacy as the frequency goes up,” explains Sourdive. “But then, after a certain amount of product, you’ll start seeing off-target cleavage somewhere else.”

vchal.jpg

These off-target effects happen one of two ways. First, guided RNA isn’t discrete, as it can match different DNA sequences, and second, Cas9 can recognize other RNAs and use them as well. Effectively, neither the RNA nor the enzyme are 100% specific. To make matters worse, these effects are not detectable.

As a result, CRISPR is less efficient than TALEN when it comes to scaling up edited genomes so it will not be a satisfactory method when it comes to industrialization. As Sourdive told us, TALEN’s precision preserves yields quite well.

Remarking on the high rate of off-target effects, a director at the prominent UK fund, Syncona, noted that “after editing with CRISPR, you need to sequence all the cells to verify off-target effects, which becomes super complicated. CRISPR is good for screening, but this is not useful once the product is in development.” His fund reportedly thought long and hard about investing but ultimately passed on the opportunity. It recognized an “enormous opportunity” in agriculture but wasn’t confident in health.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lets keep the messege about the topic please.
If you too have personal argument take it to PM or somthing
We are talking about the topic....
Crispr is a technique and still not a treatment, it makes no sense what you are point out. Crispr is a "dna scissor" not a treatment, you wouldn't call scissors a treatment would you?

I think you don't understand the term "industrialized". And now that we have established that crispr is a "dna scissor" then we can look at the other problem that crispr carries with it.

Off-Target Effects

A major concern for implementing CRISPR/Cas9 for gene therapy is the relatively high frequency of off-target effects (OTEs), which have been observed at a frequency of ≥50%

TALEN VS Crispr

“With CRISPR, you’ll start seeing cutting where you want; and as you increase, you’ll see more efficacy as the frequency goes up,” explains Sourdive. “But then, after a certain amount of product, you’ll start seeing off-target cleavage somewhere else.”

View attachment 162815

These off-target effects happen one of two ways. First, guided RNA isn’t discrete, as it can match different DNA sequences, and second, Cas9 can recognize other RNAs and use them as well. Effectively, neither the RNA nor the enzyme are 100% specific. To make matters worse, these effects are not detectable.

As a result, CRISPR is less efficient than TALEN when it comes to scaling up edited genomes so it will not be a satisfactory method when it comes to industrialization. As Sourdive told us, TALEN’s precision preserves yields quite well.

Remarking on the high rate of off-target effects, a director at the prominent UK fund, Syncona, noted that “after editing with CRISPR, you need to sequence all the cells to verify off-target effects, which becomes super complicated. CRISPR is good for screening, but this is not useful once the product is in development.” His fund reportedly thought long and hard about investing but ultimately passed on the opportunity. It recognized an “enormous opportunity” in agriculture but wasn’t confident in health.
Alright, you're being ignored, this is a ridiculous conversation.

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alexey said they were 10 years away before they even formed Stemson. Yokohama says 5-10 years for commercialization. Stemson could beat that. None of us even knew they were working on this until now. It came out of nowhere, and now it's being discussed.
If I'm not mistaken, Stemson was formed sometime in 2018. So does that mean you think Stemson can come to fruition sometime between 2024-2027? Doesn't seem insane to me

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, Stemson was formed sometime in 2018. So does that mean you think Stemson can come to fruition sometime between 2024-2027? Doesn't seem insane to me
they didnt start human trials , and you speculate about timeline...

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
they didnt start human trials , and you speculate about timeline...
I dare to yes, sounds scary huh? In the Stemson video Alexey predicted “it being deployed around 2023-2024 and probably a little more than that” knowing that human clinical trials were ahead of him. His estimated timeline would look differently if it went according to how froggy thinks it will go.
1621528076612.gif

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
It will be during that time, but it does seem like they got delayed by about 6~ months due to covid. They should have announced their next round of funding by now according to their own estimates.

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It will be during that time, but it does seem like they got delayed by about 6~ months due to covid. They should have announced their next round of funding by now according to their own estimates.
Yea I agree but based on when Stemson release news on their websites I feel like an update would be provided towards the end of August/start of September. But some form of update on funding should be provided in the coming months.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea I agree but based on when Stemson release news on their websites I feel like an update would be provided towards the end of August/start of September. But some form of update on funding should be provided in the coming months.
In those fortunis investor videos the CEO said they would be closing series A funding in Q1 2021 and providing an update on the pre-clinical program and direction for human trials. Getting pretty close to the end of Q2 here.

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In those fortunis investor videos the CEO said they would be closing series A funding in Q1 2021 and providing an update on the pre-clinical program and direction for human trials. Getting pretty close to the end of Q2 here.
Wait so what are you thoughts then?

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Idk if this will mean anything but 3 weeks ago they posted for a job offering as a lab manager so it seems as if the wheels are rolling no?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Idk if this will mean anything but 3 weeks ago they posted for a job offering as a lab manager so it seems as if the wheels are rolling no?
That they got delayed for whatever reason. Doesn't have to be anything huge.

They could also have already secured the funding and just have yet to offer an announcement while they finalize some details around their trial planning's or data aggregation from pig trials. Who knows.

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

They could also have already secured the funding and just have yet to offer an announcement while they finalize some details around their trial planning's or data aggregation from pig trials. Who knows.
Interesting, always better to get a wider scope of things

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

maybe hairs on pigs fall out quickly.....