Hair Multiplication/Cloning Human Trials 2023: Yokohama National University

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another participant in the cloning/multiplication field to start trials in 2023, specifically promising a low cost treatment. Remember this is Japan, where they can go to market after phase 2.

We also believe that we will be able to resolve cost issues. It is said that flocking costs about 1 million yen to transfer 1000 hairs, and it is generally said that traditional regenerative medicine technology costs tens to hundreds of times that amount. .. However, the mass culture technology of this study does not require expensive equipment for mass culture, and the required amount of hair follicle primordia can be produced with only a culture container, so it is cheaper than the conventional regenerative medicine technology. We believe that we can provide medical care.

We are working to start providing medical care at the clinic in 5 to 10 years. We started basic research using human cells in 2018, aiming to start clinical trials in 2023, and we are working hard together with the members of the laboratory so that we can deliver it to everyone as soon as possible.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im very glad to see it . But after the empty promises of tsuji i dont trust sh*t anymore.

only company i trust is stemson
Doesn't matter what one person/company says or does anymore. The technology is right around the corner, someone will get there and any new entrant will just force the other companies to move quicker and price better, including Tsuji.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn't matter what one person/company says or does anymore. The technology is right around the corner, someone will get there and any new entrant will just force the other companies to move quicker and price better, including Tsuji.
"Right around the corner" is the catchphrase of the hair loss enthusiasts over the last 20 years.

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
“We have recently reported an approach to prepare a large number of HFGs [21]. In our approach, a mixture of epithelial and mesenchymal cells was seeded in a lab-made microwell array plate and allowed to form aggregates in microwells. The two types of cells were initially randomly distributed in individual aggregates, but spontaneously and spatially separated from each other and formed a compartmentalized HFG. Because the cells self-organized into compartmentalized HFGs, this approach was scalable for the simultaneous preparation of >5000 HFGs.”

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Right around the corner" is the catchphrase of the hair loss enthusiasts over the last 20 years.
Cool, but anyone who thought that this type of regenerative medicine was right around the corner 20 years ago just didn't understand the industry and was being sold the hype of news articles and headlines. Just because the science was starting to pop up in papers does not equate to it being ready for human use.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i am the only who think its kinda new approuch?
The inject the cells rather then transplant lab grown folicels.

that problly why they say its going to be cheap

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
i am the only who think its kinda new approuch?
The inject the cells rather then transplant lab grown folicels.

that problly why they say its going to be cheap
Sounds like they are implanting hair germs the same as Tsuji and Stemson

Ted Buckland

Reaction score
Another participant in the cloning/multiplication field to start trials in 2023, specifically promising a low cost treatment. Remember this is Japan, where they can go to market after phase 2.

We also believe that we will be able to resolve cost issues. It is said that flocking costs about 1 million yen to transfer 1000 hairs, and it is generally said that traditional regenerative medicine technology costs tens to hundreds of times that amount. .. However, the mass culture technology of this study does not require expensive equipment for mass culture, and the required amount of hair follicle primordia can be produced with only a culture container, so it is cheaper than the conventional regenerative medicine technology. We believe that we can provide medical care.

We are working to start providing medical care at the clinic in 5 to 10 years. We started basic research using human cells in 2018, aiming to start clinical trials in 2023, and we are working hard together with the members of the laboratory so that we can deliver it to everyone as soon as possible.

7s8zbvivxipk4ung5f3d1x3ewkzja4lr0xpqiaihg&rid=200w.gif

.....ah, you gotta love these moments when visiting this forum 7 times a day for years on end pays off.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds like they are implanting hair germs the same as Tsuji and Stemson
Tsuji said they transplant the fully grown folciels.
Stems doing somthing simillar with some printed scaffold.

they inject the cells which already confirmed by stemson is bad idea since the cell need to be form in shape of drop in order to get hair direction and correct postion

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tsuji said they transplant the fully grown folciels.
Stems doing somthing simillar with some printed scaffold.

they inject the cells which already confirmed by stemson is bad idea since the cell need to be form in shape of drop in order to get hair direction and correct postion
If Tsuji said that he lied. They implant cells organized together to form a hair follicle germ, or primordium, with layers of cells that then forms a follicle. Stemson does the same thing. This is in contrast to companies like replicel that just inject one type of cell that migrates to existing follicles to strengthen them. The article on HLC is the first I've heard of this group's research, but it sounds like they are doing the same thing only they've found a way to easily culture all cells together to form the hair germ in a quick cheap manner.

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea if their timeline is faster than Stemson/Tsuji?

I've heard that Stemson is still 10 years away, and Tsuji can't even get funding. Whereas this plans to start human trials in 2023 meaning it could be out by 2025? Why isn't this being talked about more?

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I've heard that Stemson is still 10 years away, and Tsuji can't even get funding. Whereas this plans to start human trials in 2023 meaning it could be out by 2025? Why isn't this being talked about more?
stemson 10 years away? ok you hear it where, from who?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

Alexey said they were 10 years away before they even formed Stemson. Yokohama says 5-10 years for commercialization. Stemson could beat that. None of us even knew they were working on this until now. It came out of nowhere, and now it's being discussed.

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alexey said they were 10 years away before they even formed Stemson. Yokohama says 5-10 years for commercialization. Stemson could beat that. None of us even knew they were working on this until now. It came out of nowhere, and now it's being discussed.
Well there have been papers posted by them from 2018 on this approach: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/02/180201142853.htm

I guess we were just paying more attention to Tsuji instead of this

Either way I hope this gives Stemson/Tsuji another perspective on mass producing these HFG's to lower the price

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score

By the sound of Stemson's timeline, early availability will be 2-4 years from now but I think we'll get a better timeline whenever they announce their new funding round. Tsuji's timeline was 2 years after they start trials, whenever that is.

Basically it sounds like all three are targeting a 2025-2027 timeline.

Last edited:

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
By the sound of Stemson's timeline, early availability will be 2-4 years from now but I think we'll get a better timeline whenever they announce their new funding round. Tsuji's timeline was 2 years after they start trials, whenever that is.

Basically it sounds like all three are targeting a 2025-2027 timeline.
Do not get your hopes up. Even if this ends up working very well and getting fda approved, I expect the process to take at least 10 years.