Hair Mineral Analysis Test, Has Anyone Done It?

Strsinsky1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a hair mineral analysis test done and found deficiencies that you corrected?

What about omega testing?

Or bloodwork?

I have always had diffused thinning hair since high school. I’m now 34. When I was pregnant I suddenly had all this hair I never knew I had. And it wasn’t oily anymore. I would have to wash every other day because my hair would get so oily. But with both pregnancies I experienced no hair shedding and I only had to wash my hair once a week (even then it was barely oily).

After babies were born (last one in 2016) , I experienced the typical postpartum hair shedding and then my hair went back to its usual thinned our hair. I continued to take my prenatals and omegas in hopes that, that was what was helping me during the pregnancies but it hasn’t made a difference.

Fast forward to last year, I went vegan. Since then I have lost so much hair and I’m worried it’s because I’m deficient in a lot of things. Protein? Calcium? Iron? Ferritin levels? I don’t know.

My question is, has anyone experienced hair loss due to deficiencies and regained their hair successfully from supplementing? What types of tests should I get besides bloodwork? Do I need to see a dermatologist that specializes in hair loss?
Has anyone gotten a hair mineral analysis?

This is my first post so I apologize if this is too many questions for one post.

VJ6

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

My hair loss was triggered because of high school and family stress and its been a downward spiral since then. I'm 32 now. I'm on Nutrafol (2.5 months now, no benefits seen yet) which offers a free hair mineral analysis at 3 months. Will let you know how it goes. It may be something you could try too. I haven't come across any doctor offering mineral analysis. They typically push you to Rogaine, supplements or surgery.