hair loss

Maxi19

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, i am a 23 year old male with a reseeding hairline and general thinning happening all round. i was on regaine for almost a year but nothing. I saw a trichologist who gave me a different minoxidil and have been taking that for a months but again still nothing. Also have been taking finasteride at a reduced dose of 3 - 4 mg a week for almost a year. Nothing seems to be working. can someone please offer me advice because I'm tired of stressing out and not wanting to go out and have a good time.

Sorry I cant send photos' don't feel confident enough at the moment.

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, i am a 23 year old male with a reseeding hairline and general thinning happening all round. i was on regaine for almost a year but nothing. I saw a trichologist who gave me a different minoxidil and have been taking that for a months but again still nothing. Also have been taking finasteride at a reduced dose of 3 - 4 mg a week for almost a year. Nothing seems to be working. can someone please offer me advice because I'm tired of stressing out and not wanting to go out and have a good time.

Sorry I cant send photos' don't feel confident enough at the moment.
I was in a similar boat until I hopped on dutasteride and oral minoxidil.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was in a similar boat until I hopped on dutasteride and oral minoxidil.
you're taking duta at 0.5 mg daily right? and just to make sure you're currently on 10 mg oral min? you're my inspiration man sorry to bother you.... just upped my dose of OM to 5 mg

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you're taking duta at 0.5 mg daily right? and just to make sure you're currently on 10 mg oral min? you're my inspiration man sorry to bother you.... just upped my dose of OM to 5 mg
Hey ask any questions anytime. Im currently on 5mg to see if I can maintain my regrowth. And I take dutasteride 0.5mg daily

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The reason I recently lowered to 5mg was just to see how I hold up and it saves some money.

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks yo so much for your time man. are you planning on stayin on OM for life then?
Pretty much. So far it hasn't harmed me. 5mg-10mg seems like a lot but when It was prescribed for high blood pressure, the doses were used in excess of 20mg and in some cases much higher. And if i do face harsh side effects down the line, I guess I'd try 15% topical solution instead and dermaroll.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
not too much body hair with it? you are damn lucky because this drug is hell for hypertrichosis

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty much. So far it hasn't harmed me. 5mg-10mg seems like a lot but when It was prescribed for high blood pressure, the doses were used in excess of 20mg and in some cases much higher. And if i do face harsh side effects down the line, I guess I'd try 15% topical solution instead and dermaroll.
that's the right mindset . you're not noticing any sort of facial bloating or a less chiseled face from om right?

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey ask any questions anytime. Im currently on 5mg to see if I can maintain my regrowth. And I take dutasteride 0.5mg daily
At what point did you decide that finasteride wasn't working? 6 months? 9? A year? I've been on finasteride for almost 3 months now and I'm still losing hair.

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that's the right mindset . you're not noticing any sort of facial bloating or a less chiseled face from om right?
not too much body hair with it? you are damn lucky because this drug is hell for hypertrichosis
Not much body hair growth, I haven't had much of a chiseled face anyways but it hasn't changed. But no bloating for sure. I'm starting to think I can handle higher doses is because I'm a big guy. Im 6'6 so maybe it takes a larger dose for sides?

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I made a post on my beard growth from oral minoxidil if anyone is interested. Im still looking for old pictures.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not much body hair growth, I haven't had much of a chiseled face anyways but it hasn't changed. But no bloating for sure. I'm starting to think I can handle higher doses is because I'm a big guy. Im 6'6 so maybe it takes a larger dose for sides?t
i think it must be why i'm getting sides at such low dose i'm only 6 ft and 143 lbs it has to play a role.

btw weird question but everyone seems to have a different take on that i even asked dr konior and doesn't know according to you what's the rate of absoprion of topical min? some ppl say 1% some more and i was wondering how many mg of topical min i was getting in my bloodstream by using 10 ml of 5mg per day ( is that equal to using 10mg of oral min or 10 mg of oral min is way more powerfull?).

thanks and nie beards gains btw

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i think it must be why i'm getting sides at such low dose i'm only 6 ft and 143 lbs it has to play a role.

btw weird question but everyone seems to have a different take on that i even asked dr konior and doesn't know according to you what's the rate of absoprion of topical min? some ppl say 1% some more and i was wondering how many mg of topical min i was getting in my bloodstream by using 10 ml of 5mg per day ( is that equal to using 10mg of oral min or 10 mg of oral min is way more powerfull?).

thanks and nie beards gains btw
For topical its tough to tell, skin quality, texture, hair length all play a role. For example someone with dandruff will have a harder time absorbing minoxidil since there are layers of dead skin. But generally it's around 1% I heard. Some more some less for people. I'm not too sure on conversion or ml of minoxidil to mg. But I know oral works better because its absorbed much more.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For topical its tough to tell, skin quality, texture, hair length all play a role. For example someone with dandruff will have a harder time absorbing minoxidil since there are layers of dead skin. But generally it's around 1% I heard. Some more some less for people. I'm not too sure on conversion or ml of minoxidil to mg. But I know oral works better because its absorbed much more.
thanks so 5mg seems more poerfull than any amount of topical?