• Yes

Votes: 76 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 111 59.4%

• Total voters

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would do it for 200k after thinking about it for a while. I think the mental energy stolen from you thinking about hair loss makes it worth it. But it would have to be a permanent fix
Money is all relative though. To some people there is no price tag you could put on a perfect hair of hair that would make them think it is too much. To others? You tell some bald guys that you're thinking of paying 15k for a hair transplant and they'll actually drop to the floor laughing because they don't give a sh*t about being bald or 15k is a lot to them. I know if I ever go through with a hair transplant in the future and I was to tell my parents/family/friends about the costs I'd be looking at (probably 40k~), they'd think I was insane.

Hell, my bald friend thinks I'm a lunatic for even taking finasteride.

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because it's not a cash cow, it's more of an untapped goldmine. The actual market penetration of hair loss products is abysmally low, and the vast majority of people suffering from Androgenetic Alopecia do not go anywhere near hair transplants, finasteride or minoxidil. Maybe they buy a shampoo or take biotin, that's it. Hardly a cash cow.
https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/alopecia-market

Bruh what? going off the bases of what? I stake the market is much larger considering the teenagers here buying meds off of Alibaba, research chemicals from other sources... are probably not listed in totals. Not everybody talks about what they're doing for the hair loss it's an embarrassing subject. Just because your uncle doesn't discuss his hair loss protocol with you doesn't mean it's not a large market lol
3 billion is a large market

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
The market for hair loss treatments is small because they are perceived to be ineffective or risky. The market for an actual cure is big

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/alopecia-market

Bruh what? going off the bases of what? I stake the market is much larger considering the teenagers here buying meds off of Alibaba, research chemicals from other sources... are probably not listed in totals. Not everybody talks about what they're doing for the hair loss it's an embarrassing subject. Just because your uncle doesn't discuss his hair loss protocol with you doesn't mean it's not a large market lol
3 billion is a large market
If you think 3 billion for a global market of hair loss sufferers is large then I don't know what to tell you. The amount of people losing their hair in some capacity (male & female) globally is probably just shy of a billion. With those numbers you're looking at around 4~$ a person yearly. Does that seem like the revenue of a cash cow relative to the market size? A regional bank in a small country has more revenue in a year.

A safe, easy to use & actually effective treatment for regrowth would be used by even the most skeptical and risk adverse of people. Right now 98% of users quit minoxidil within 1 year.

Last edited:

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would do it for 200k after thinking about it for a while. I think the mental energy stolen from you thinking about hair loss makes it worth it. But it would have to be a permanent fix
Bruhhh I felt that mental energy bit. Seeing or just remembering your receding hairline once can literally fk up your entire day

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you think 3 billion for a global market of hair loss sufferers is large then I don't know what to tell you. The amount of people losing their hair in some capacity (male & female) globally is probably just shy of a billion. With those numbers you're looking at around 4~$ a person yearly. Does that seem like the revenue of a cash cow relative to the market size? A regional bank in a small country has more revenue in a year.

A safe, easy to use & actually effective treatment for regrowth would be used by even the most skeptical and risk adverse of people. Right now 98% of users quit minoxidil within 1 year.

You could say every single person on the planet spends $0.40 on hair loss a year, half those are female, 30% of that lack the money and/or means even if desired, and 80% of the remaining men don't experience hair loss to enough of a degree early in there life, and/or don't care enough to risk meds/surgery, finally the vast majority of the remaining will find enough effectiveness in a simple treatment as finasteride in monoxidil and barely ever speak of it, never mind come on forums, or if they do never post. Just because someone "experiences hair loss" to some degree doesn't equate to the "hair loss treatment market". Think about the capital from "Hollywood" for hair transplants and finasteride, or supplements and snake oil on Amazon. Wouldn't you want to own an elite transplant clinic in Hollywood?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
You could say every single person on the planet spends $0.40 on hair loss a year, half those are female, 30% of that lack the money and/or means even if desired, and 80% of the remaining men don't experience hair loss to enough of a degree early in there life, and/or don't care enough to risk meds/surgery, finally the vast majority of the remaining will find enough effectiveness in a simple treatment as finasteride in monoxidil and barely ever speak of it, never mind come on forums, or if they do never post. Just because someone "experiences hair loss" to some degree doesn't equate to the "hair loss treatment market". Think about the capital from "Hollywood" for hair transplants and finasteride, or supplements and snake oil on Amazon. Wouldn't you want to own an elite transplant clinic in Hollywood?
I don't know what most of this means tbh but I assure you that's not how market sizes are determined lol

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Are we seriously debating whether or not the market for hair loss treatments is big in 2021 – in the age of Instagram? The potential market at least is massive, but like others have mentioned before, few bother with the existing treatments, because they hardly deserve that name; either their effects are negligible or the sides are devastating.

In fact, I suspect the market's about to explode. While my own generation still largely deludes itself, coping with self-deprecating baldie jokes, Gen-Zs are damn well aware that hair loss means game over. They're also not inhibited by the pressures of toxic masculinity that keep many of the older baldies from admitting that they care about their looks, seeking out treatments and contributing to the faster development of a real solution.

The younger generation will get it done. Sure, we'll be way beyond saving and our youth gone by then but hey – it will have been our own fault for putting up a false front of indifference rather than actually applying ourselves to speeding things up.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are we seriously debating whether or not the market for hair loss treatments is big in 2021 – in the age of Instagram? The potential market at least is massive, but like others have mentioned before, few bother with the existing treatments, because they hardly deserve that name; either their effects are negligible or the sides are devastating.

In fact, I suspect the market's about to explode. While my own generation still largely deludes itself, coping with self-deprecating baldie jokes, Gen-Zs are damn well aware that hair loss means game over. They're also not inhibited by the pressures of toxic masculinity that keep many of the older baldies from admitting that they care about their looks, seeking out treatments and contributing to the faster development of a real solution.

The younger generation will get it done. Sure, we'll be way beyond saving and our youth gone by then but hey – it will have been our own fault for putting up a false front of indifference rather than actually applying ourselves to speeding things up.
"Game over". Only on these types of forums do you hear this type of loser mentality. Life goes on after hairloss bro, and Gen Z will probably deal with it in a much more healthy perspective by embracing baldness and normalizing it rather then taking experimental drugs and becoming incels to save their hair.

I don't doubt that hairloss will be solved for gen Z, but it won't be because of social media or societal trends (that are actually going in a different direction that you just theorized here), it's because the science has finally caught up and companies are aware of the untapped market.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is an estimate that 40% of women have visible hair loss by the time they are 50yo. Over half of women will have it at some point in life.

Maybe they all use the existing meds and regrow it all, no side effect problems.
Or maybe all those women prefer the shaved head look.
Or maybe they just don't care. Maybe they think it's silly to spend thousands of dollars on something minor like hair.
Ya think?

Female hair loss sufferers alone create a GIGANTIC demand for a better solution. The existing baldness treatments are weak sellers because they are garbage. You pay a lot of money, you get side effects, and you still don't get good hair to show for it. That's a description of a shitty ineffective product.

The fact that existing hair loss products sell anything at all is a testament to how under-served the problem is.

SaveTheMane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By 2050 I want a brandnew and enhanced cloned body, not just f*****g hair...
And I also want to get a new pair of eyes with healthy visions, my shitty nearsightedness and astigmatism is just as much as my hairline in screwing up my life.

Last edited:

Jesse14

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Game over". Only on these types of forums do you hear this type of loser mentality. Life goes on after hairloss bro, and Gen Z will probably deal with it in a much more healthy perspective by embracing baldness and normalizing it rather then taking experimental drugs and becoming incels to save their hair.

I don't doubt that hairloss will be solved for gen Z, but it won't be because of social media or societal trends (that are actually going in a different direction that you just theorized here), it's because the science has finally caught up and companies are aware of the untapped market.
I highly doubt gen z will embrace it and normalize it. It's broadly considered (not 1000% of the time) to be an unattractive trait. And people are catching on that looks matter. Maybe they will pretend to normalize it, as in continue to say, "it doesn't matter, you are wonderful just the way you are", but that will mainly be virtue signaling.

I'm not agreeing with "game over" though.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
In the era of instagram, tiktok and selfies, looks were never this important for the younger generation (sadly). You can bet your *** they will do whatever they can to prevent going bald.
I approve this. Lol!

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I highly doubt gen z will embrace it and normalize it. It's broadly considered (not 1000% of the time) to be an unattractive trait. And people are catching on that looks matter. Maybe they will pretend to normalize it, as in continue to say, "it doesn't matter, you are wonderful just the way you are", but that will mainly be virtue signaling.

I'm not agreeing with "game over" though.
Why? Gen Z has normalized and embraced everything else. People just base this assumption on literally a small portion of the culture that revolves around the influencer part of social media, when in reality a lot of gen Z is moving away from social media culture because of how toxic it is. No one has FB, instagram real usage is in decline, tiktok is geared towards 13 year olds, etc.

It's funny that you say it's all virtue signaling, because I really don't think it is.