Hair Loss Should Be Talked About In School

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is something I thought about recently, how is it possible that hair loss is not a subject in at least a few biology lessons (at least it's not in Germany)? You could teach about
- causes of hair loss
- early signs of hair loss
- which treatments are currently available, what do they do and possible side effects
- hair shedding cycles in general
- tell the students to go to a dermatologist if they feel like they could be in the early stages of hair loss
I wonder how many thousands of NW1s could have been saved, cases of depression could have been prevented and even suicides could have been stopped. How many people would have a way better chance in dating and how many less users would this forum have? Also I think hair loss would be way more accepted if everyone would fully understand the science behind it and that it's not one's own fault. But no let's just talk about bees and birds in biology classes and most importantly let's sweep the whole topic of hair loss under the rug.
Great idea. When I was younger . I seen straight a students right out of high school just disappear from society. And at the time I never connected the dots but now I do. They were balding badly at an early age back than there were no treatments worth anything.

jasonstatham

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is something I thought about recently, how is it possible that hair loss is not a subject in at least a few biology lessons (at least it's not in Germany)? You could teach about
- causes of hair loss
- early signs of hair loss
- which treatments are currently available, what do they do and possible side effects
- hair shedding cycles in general
- tell the students to go to a dermatologist if they feel like they could be in the early stages of hair loss
I wonder how many thousands of NW1s could have been saved, cases of depression could have been prevented and even suicides could have been stopped. How many people would have a way better chance in dating and how many less users would this forum have? Also I think hair loss would be way more accepted if everyone would fully understand the science behind it and that it's not one's own fault. But no let's just talk about bees and birds in biology classes and most importantly let's sweep the whole topic of hair loss under the rug.

The disconnection to society some people here have is beyond me. As I stated in another thread:

Society does not care about men's issues. Before we talk about how little timmy lost 2 hairs in the shower and got a limb dick from World of Warcraft, we should maybe, just maybe start to talk about male suizid rate in school before everything else. But that wont happen.

Women > dogs > your neighbours dog > little Timmys guinea pig > men issues

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also @MorningGlory could you explain the dislike? I know you don't know what it's like to be losing hair at 15/16 years old and think it's not worse than when you're 30+ years old, but what exactly do you disagree with?

I disagree with the concept because it’s the same kind of thinking that has children learning about “racism”, “transgenders”, queers and other feelings orientated ideological nonsense. Schools shouldn’t be used for that purpose.

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another thing we should.think about is let's.say in school the subject of male pattern baldness comes.ul in class. Any young male already losing his hair may be singled out and ridiculed by his classmates. Causing him more harm than good we all know how that feels.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The disconnection to society some people here have is beyond me. As I stated in another thread:

Society does not care about men's issues. Before we talk about how little timmy lost 2 hairs in the shower and got a limb dick from World of Warcraft, we should maybe, just maybe start to talk about male suizid rate in school before everything else. But that wont happen.

Women > dogs > your neighbours dog > little Timmys guinea pig > men issues
+1

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another thing we should.think about is let's.say in school the subject of male pattern baldness comes.ul in class. Any young male already losing his hair may be singled out and ridiculed by his classmates. Causing him more harm than good we all know how that feels.
necessary evil. and that can be prevented by the teacher anyways

Saurabhaj

Reaction score

Last year,I saw one school boy of 14 year calling his batch mate taklu(=baldy)..
my guess is that boy's father is bald..and this might be the reason he was mocked.

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Last year,I saw one school boy of 14 year calling his batch mate taklu(=baldy)..
my guess is that boy's father is bald..and this might be the reason he was mocked.
To be honest I'm not sure if it should be brought up in schools teenagers will mock anyone with the slightest thinning hair. And adult males are.just as bad yet I believe teenagers should be forewarned about early signs of male pattern baldness and can't leave it up to the parents. . I don't have the answer

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
we don't even understand hairloss that well, dermatologists are about equally as clueless but sure let's teach 15 year olds about the big 3

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The objective is to let.the student know that it's.not hopeless anymore and their are options when he gets older. Teens have enough to deal with they don't need a hairloss panic to go with growing up

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do a hairdresser school ? Or a med school ? Coz learn about antiandrogens at school during puberty can be tricky, especially for teachers who all doesn't know dick about that in the first place, they are not derms, and hell even derms don't know sh*t about hairloss

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
in the school i work at i overheard a student aged 14 mocking another one aged 14, calling him baldie, thinning hair, you're going bald etc. so i went out of my office to do a bit of norwood spotting and they both had the thickest mops of straight hairlined NW1's ever.
i think teenagers can just be idiots a lot of the time

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Everything you need to know about balding and the limited treatments available can be researched in a two hour session. There is : Minoxidil, Finasteride and hair transplants and that’s it apart from some experimental treatments out of a Chinese meth lab no sane teacher would advise to anyone.

Maybe a bit more honesty about the psychological implications of hair loss might stop boys from going the just shave it bro route until its too late, that’s true, though.

Johnt1997

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everything you need to know about balding and the limited treatments available can be researched in a two hour session. There is : Minoxidil, Finasteride and hair transplants and that’s it apart from some experimental treatments out of a Chinese meth lab no sane teacher would advise to anyone.

Maybe a bit more honesty about the psychological implications of hair loss might stop boys from going the just shave it bro route until its too late, that’s true, though.
Yeah i discovered the big 3 pretty much on my own(this forum gave that me name later ofc) and i just learnt more from the forums and hairloss websites. Its very easy to avoid the snake oils even with just a simple google search, people are far less ignorant than they were even a few years ago

K505

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do agree with OP and the idea has crossed my mind.

I'd like to know as much as possible about my brain and body thank you.

And yes, whats so "stupid" learning about the human body at school?
and drugs/medicines,treatments/cures of X condition of the human body? Hair loss could be a topic, cancer treatment the other, what vitamins do, what we should eat and avoid (fat,smoking,alcohol,sugar all bad),
and learn so much more about the human body and lifestyle choices (basically, students would become their own doctors, Real life education).
THIS sh*t should be taught at schools and psychology (jordan peterson stuff), but as we all know, school doesnt really prepare you for life.

So you think its more important to learn about painters, play writers, religion, unimportant history, poems and other useless subjects?

Dont make me slap your balding face if you do.

Last edited:

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Once again you completely misunderstood what this is about. It's not about trying to stop bald shaming, it's about trying to help as many people as possible not to get bald in the first place and thus as a positive side effect they also won't be ridiculed. I'm the last guy who would support indoctrination, I'm heavily libertarian/conservative leaning.
I'm politically pretty much the same as you but that doesn't mean people should treat others like sh*t for going bald. Like we're not talking about legislation or something, we're just talking about etiquete. "Thick skin" only goes so far if you're sh*t all over day in and day out for years. It's a problem

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i advocate for finasteride, i wish i'd gotten on it as a Norwood 1 just when my shed started, as I'd still be a Norwood 2 or even a norwood 1.5 instead of a Norwood 4 approaching NW5 and my quality of life would be vastly better.

but can you imagine all of these anti-finasteride lunatics (who are already mentally unstable) what they would say - OMFGZ U R advocating a deadly drug in a SCHOOL - you are KILLING CHILDREN; they would try to get you fired, look up your addresses, troll the school, etc