hair loss hurts THE MOST in your thirties

LBerg12

Banned
Reaction score
No matter when it starts, hair loss hurts. Whether you're in your 20's, 30's, 40's, it all sucks.

slipy

Reaction score
still. even if you haven't experienced going bald very early first hand you still got to posses enough awareness to understand - the earlier the more of a hell your life becomes.

K

karankaran

Balding would have SUCKED a million times more , had i started balding when i was in undergrad. I started balding as soon as i got out of my undergrad and i am thankful to that it started after i turned 23.

Having said that, i hope that i can have a full head of hair in 30s because all the last 3-4 years, i have dealt with my bald spot by convincing myself that in my 30s, there will be a cure or a treatment.

BeardedOne

Established Member
Reaction score
I think this thread has turned into some sort of suffering olympics. Surely it would be better to change the name to 'hair loss hurts DIFFERENTLY in your thirties'? I suppose it's more about expectations and what is taken away.

While it's only really affected me since my late twenties I'd say that this would apply to me, however I imagine balding must be far worse for guys who started in their late teens. That's gotta be really hard. I absolutely hate when I hear young guys ripped on for losing their hair. ESPECIALLY by other guys who, by some poor joke of genetic evolution, will never have to deal with it.

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I imagine balding must be far worse for guys who started in their late teens..
I started receding before 14th birthday (8th grade) and diffusely thinned all over the scalp. Currently 21, no hair line, significant upward recession in the nape region, temples are behind side-burns, totally miniaturized hair around the ears, thin (miniaturizing) permanent zones. WELCOME!

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
My father well into his mid 70's obsessed over his hair. It was not unusual for him to ask my mother whether she thought he was losing his hair or not. Although he never bragged about his looks many might consider him vain. I never saw him in that light. I'm more prone to believe it had more to do with a deep seeded anxiety/p disorder than his conceit. It felt real enough to him anyway. He passed away a few years ago still sporting a curly and silver full head of hair. He was a Norwood 1..5 at most. Rest in peace Dad.

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You guys are right. At every stage in a man's life, losing hair can be hurtful. Some ages may be worse than others but none are good.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got it all nw6 hairloss and a prematurely aged face because of grief, insomnia and genetics at 24...I also got a huge pale head. Stop complaining.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
What strategies did/ do you use to cope with your physical/emotional challenges. Your insight and the effective ways you've managed your grief could provide other individuals creative ideas that could potentially help relieve their own hair loss obstacles, mine included. Thanx for sharing and all the best.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

A bit tardy on my part Fred, but all the same thanks for your expressed sympathy.
Sorry for your loss I.D.

Guys who believe hair loss doesn't matter after 40, or 50, or after any age, should think twice.

If you care about your hair now, you will always care. And if one day, you don't care anymore, it will probably be because you don't care about looking good anymore.

The beer-belly and poor hygiene will most likely follow.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

resu

Reaction score
I'm 30 now and STILL can't grow a beard AND I'm balding.

Same, the buzzed look only works if you can grow a stubble and that's not an option available for me. I saw a clean cut, tall, athletic looking dude with a shaved head and shaved beard, he looked like he had cancer, sorry but that's the response most will have, he was wearing sunglasses and you couldn't see his eyebrows which only made the sick look worse, he was tanned as well. The idea that you have to hit the gym and get a tan isn't bullet proof. Although there's a guy next to my building who has pink skin and he's a NW7, he shaves it all, has blond eyebrows, clean shaven and doesn't look sick at all, case by case.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Yes but as I would ask any PUAer, WHAT THE **** CAN BE DONE ABOUT IT?!!!

Nothing, that's what. We are passive aggressively being held down against our will. They say if you can't beat them, join them but what happens when they won't let you join them? What else left to do but wallow in our own inferiority, eh?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes but as I would ask any PUAer, WHAT THE **** CAN BE DONE ABOUT IT?!!!

Nothing, that's what. We are passive aggressively being held down against our will. They say if you can't beat them, join them but what happens when they won't let you join them? What else left to do but wallow in our own inferiority, eh?

Live a depressed, lonely life and die.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Live a depressed, lonely life and die.

yyypin.jpg

bald29

Established Member
Reaction score
It hurts most for people who have nothing else wrong with them apart from hair loss.

I feel so related to what you said there kingdomforhair. Apart from hair loss, my life is so good, so much better than what I ever dreamed of. I have a great job, working from home and earning more than twice the average salary in my area. I also play football semi-professionally, and live in a beautiful apartment in a high-class neighbourhood. You could just hear all that and assume I'm such a winner, that all my hard work really paid off. And I'm only 29.

But I'm a Norwood V, almost VI, and that really makes me such a loser. I'm one of those guys who are really confident, before hair loss hit me badly a couple years ago, I didn't care about it, I thought only insecure people could care about that. And since dating hot girls was part of my life just like eating bread is, I never thought that was going to be taken away from me. But it happened, and at around 27 I practically said goodbye to dating women in their 20s-30s.

At first, since I didn't think baldness was an issue, I just went on with my life. But I started to see that no matter how many phone numbers I had, how many women I met, it was so hard for me to take them out. After six months of rejections and after only dating a couple of them, I started to think that maybe something was different about me. And then I realized it: my issue was that I didn't have my hair. I googled and I discovered that there were hundreds of support forums, that my problem was real.

Let me tell you a story. At a moment in my life when I had hair but was losing it at an alarming rate, I was about to dump a girl because things were not working out, and a friend who was bald and in his 40s --bald since he was 18--, told me: 'you know... You shouldn't dump her. When you lose your hair you won't meet anyone like her'. I said "nah. That's not true. Women don't care about that". He said "well... it's much harder without hair". I said "whatever".

Now, he wasn't right about not dumping the girl, because I can't be with a person that I don't love. But time proved him right about the difficulties one faces without hair. The truth is that only bald people know about the rejections, because they are silent. People with hair always think, or want to think that it's not a big issue. But it is. Even if you don't think it is like I did, society will let you know sooner or later that you have a problem.

It sucks when you work so hard for things, and you get them, and you think that you can get whatever you want if you fight for it. But hairloss doesn't work like that. It will destroy your youth and there is not much you can do about it, besides trying to conceal it a bit. If not, look at those famous people wearing systems, or paying hundreds of thousands of dollars just to recover a few hairs. Why would they do it if they seem to have everything? Well, because they don't.

I have way too many friends my age who are a bunch of losers, still living with their parents and with definitely no future ahead or motivations whatsoever. Some of them don't even go the gym, not even to try to lose a few pounds. Some of them are all day depressed because their lives suck for the most part. But they have hair, and the truth is that their lives are so much better than mine. They can date, they meet women every week, even when most of them can't even talk to women without panicking. But it's nature, some women are attracted to them physically, something I have not felt for 2 years. There are days where I wish I could just trade everything that I have, everything that I earned after years of sacrifice, just to have the normal life adults in their 20s have. Just to see again that look in a woman's eye when she wants you.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel so related to what you said there kingdomforhair. Apart from hair loss, my life is so good, so much better than what I ever dreamed of. I have a great job, working from home and earning more than twice the average salary in my area. I also play football semi-professionally, and live in a beautiful apartment in a high-class neighbourhood. You could just hear all that and assume I'm such a winner, that all my hard work really paid off. And I'm only 29.

But I'm a Norwood V, almost VI, and that really makes me such a loser. I'm one of those guys who are really confident, before hair loss hit me badly a couple years ago, I didn't care about it, I thought only insecure people could care about that. And since dating hot girls was part of my life just like eating bread is, I never thought that was going to be taken away from me. But it happened, and at around 27 I practically said goodbye to dating women in their 20s-30s.

At first, since I didn't think baldness was an issue, I just went on with my life. But I started to see that no matter how many phone numbers I had, how many women I met, it was so hard for me to take them out. After six months of rejections and after only dating a couple of them, I started to think that maybe something was different about me. And then I realized it: my issue was that I didn't have my hair. I googled and I discovered that there were hundreds of support forums, that my problem was real.

Let me tell you a story. At a moment in my life when I had hair but was losing it at an alarming rate, I was about to dump a girl because things were not working out, and a friend who was bald and in his 40s --bald since he was 18--, told me: 'you know... You shouldn't dump her. When you lose your hair you won't meet anyone like her'. I said "nah. That's not true. Women don't care about that". He said "well... it's much harder without hair". I said "whatever".

Now, he wasn't right about not dumping the girl, because I can't be with a person that I don't love. But time proved him right about the difficulties one faces without hair. The truth is that only bald people know about the rejections, because they are silent. People with hair always think, or want to think that it's not a big issue. But it is. Even if you don't think it is like I did, society will let you know sooner or later that you have a problem.

It sucks when you work so hard for things, and you get them, and you think that you can get whatever you want if you fight for it. But hairloss doesn't work like that. It will destroy your youth and there is not much you can do about it, besides trying to conceal it a bit. If not, look at those famous people wearing systems, or paying hundreds of thousands of dollars just to recover a few hairs. Why would they do it if they seem to have everything? Well, because they don't.

I have way too many friends my age who are a bunch of losers, still living with their parents and with definitely no future ahead or motivations whatsoever. Some of them don't even go the gym, not even to try to lose a few pounds. Some of them are all day depressed because their lives suck for the most part. But they have hair, and the truth is that their lives are so much better than mine. They can date, they meet women every week, even when most of them can't even talk to women without panicking. But it's nature, some women are attracted to them physically, something I have not felt for 2 years. There are days where I wish I could just trade everything that I have, everything that I earned after years of sacrifice, just to have the normal life adults in their 20s have. Just to see again that look in a woman's eye when she wants you.

Everything in this post hit home. I'm almost in the exact same boat as you. It's been many years since I had an attractive girl/woman give me the time of day... what's been on my mind the most is coming to terms that I'm basically a reject now and will remain so until a cure for hair loss comes out OR I get a hair transplant... I hate my life right now. I've never said this privately or publicly, but the last 3 years of my life have been an absolute low. I can't bear the thought of being single for much longer and it gets worse knowing that I'll stay single for a long time coming, if not forever, because I'm gimped with this disease.