Hair Loss From Smoking - Should I Buzz Cut?

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolutely not. By exacerbate, maybe by a few points ahead of schedule, but is not going to cause male pattern baldness.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Denial....first phase, we all been through...

Smoking cannot cause that kind of loss, you can quit smoking, eat vegan, do 6h of exercices/day, live like a god damn monk, this will change nothing, and yes this is a coincidence.

Stating the obvious. Smoking can cause male pattern baldness.

Wrong, i don't know where you get that, but smoking has nothing do to with male pattern baldness, it can exacerbate hair loss yeah.

Now you are free to not believe us, or go see a derm before it's too late

Sorry but this is male pattern baldness

hairiffic

My Regimen
Reaction score
Denial....first phase, we all been through...

Smoking cannot cause that kind of loss, you can quit smoking, eat vegan, do 6h of exercices/day, live like a god damn monk, this will change nothing, and yes this is a coincidence.

Wrong, i don't know where you get that, but smoking has nothing do to with male pattern baldness, it can exacerbate hair loss yeah.

Now you are free to not believe us, or go see a derm before it's too late

Sorry but this is male pattern baldness

I understand that this is male pattern baldness, but it was caused by smoking. I had no such tendencies what so ever before smoking.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pure coincidence dude, again smoking cannot cause male pattern baldness, and this can start anytime after your puberty

male pattern baldness is purely hormonal, a loss due to smoking, stress and other health issues is diffuse, you will lose hair in all your head even the sides, not with that specific pattern temples/crown/vertex...

northpole1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hahaha OP,what u talking about? My friend smokes 2 pack of Paramount red per day,eat only sugar and burgers and has thick hair as hell.Its obvious that u have male pattern baldness,i had very similar recesion like u have,now im at nw4,destined to nw5.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
who cares what caused it? is it worth arguing? it already happened, its over. what are you going to do now? stop smoking? great idea either way, but don't expect all your hair to grow back.

your hair is not bad. still got thickness. you are a good candidate for finasteride and hair transplant one day.

shookwun

Reaction score
Smoking can exacerbate hair loss, but you obviously have male pattern baldness.

This

Think of inadvertently restricting blood, which would be the opposite of vasodilation. Smoking has been proven to restrict blood flow, oxygen and recovery.

It would only make sense that your scalp would be worse of smoking. In my experience, after quiting smoking I noticed an overhaul of difference to the quality of my follicles.

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This

Think of inadvertently restricting blood, which would be the opposite of vasodilation. Smoking has been proven to restrict blood flow, oxygen and recovery.

It would only make sense that your scalp would be worse of smoking. In my experience, after quiting smoking I noticed an overhaul of difference to the quality of my follicles.

Not to mention all the carcinogens in cigarette smoke. I mean smoking just ain't good for your health to begin with. It won't cause all your hair to fall out if you don't have the balding gene, but if you do it will probably make it worse.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Smoking and hair loss:

Helmut Schmid ( former German politician)

Died with 97 years, a hardcore smoker (3 pack per day)

It's simple : Everything a matter of genes

Good genes = no (lung) cancer, no male pattern baldness :)

sh*t genes = Lung cancer + male pattern baldness.

image-891862-galleryV9-rrau-891862.jpg

schmidt-helmut_foto_LEMO-F-6-149_bbst.jpg

shookwun

Reaction score
Smoking and hair loss:

Helmut Schmid ( former German politician)

Died with 97 years, a hardcore smoker (3 pack per day)

It's simple : Everything a matter of genes

Good genes = no (lung) cancer, no male pattern baldness :)

sh*t genes = Lung cancer + male pattern baldness.

View attachment 66040
View attachment 66041
Do you not understand?

smoking gravely exacerbates the situation to begin with.

male pattern baldness alongside of restricting blood flow will greatly accelerate the process.

Nobodies denying male pattern baldness is the root cause, but to refute a proven fact is laughable.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you not understand?

smoking gravely exacerbates the situation to begin with.

male pattern baldness alongside of restricting blood flow will greatly accelerate the process.

Nobodies denying male pattern baldness is the root cause, but to refute a proven fact is laughable.

Ok sorry ,then it was a misunderstanding

g.i joey

Reaction score
In my experience, after quiting smoking I noticed an overhaul of difference to the quality of my follicles.

This is encouragingnconsidering it's a little over a month I went from 20 cigarettes a day for over 10 years (yes I started smoking at 12-13) to 1 every day or every second day. At this point I could afford to get some improved hair quality after a year on finasteride

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm come to think of it, I have been smoking for 3 years and that's around the time I started losing hair, I'm 20 and the last year I smoked a lot more than the first 2 years, and I also had accelerated hairloss, went to a nw3. Right now I'm smoking a lot less with around 4-5 cigs per day, I might quit it to see if it has any effects on my hair.

Guys, what do you think about weed? Do you think it may accelerate hairloss too?