hair loss depresses me

baldnesssadness

Established Member
Reaction score
hair loss depresses me so much, for everytime i touch my scalp i loose hair and i feel so sad because of it . Im soon 21 years old and everyone thinks im looking 16-17 im sure when i be bald i will look 30 + this is very depressing at a young age like this , minoxidil itches my hair so i cant use it... i used finasteride for a month i had no side effects then suddenly my nipples were so swollen and sensitive it hurt right now im trying cetirizine since it blocks pgd2 its been 24 days and i have no effect i wonder if i should use it with minoxidil since cetirizine have stopped my itching maybe minoxidil wont itch as it used 2? hairloss ****ing sucks it kills your self
esteem you cant feel comfortable with women because of this **** .:(

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
Not everyone are from the us, your male pattern baldness drove you insane
im not insane just depressed and paranoid

insane is perceiving things that aren't real and believing in ridiculous things (thats not all of it but its the two hallmark symptoms, respectively hallucinations and delusions)

pidda

Established Member
Reaction score
Somedays, the hair that I lost depresses the **** out of me. Somedays, I couldn't care less if I shaved it or not. My mind ain't consistent on this whole thing.

HairGuru22

Established Member
Reaction score
Hang in there man, I believe there will be something effective at the end of this year. We should all believe it and hopefully we can achieve some regowth. You should try abstinence for the time being, it has been shown to reduce DHT and halt hairloss

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
You should try abstinence for the time being, it has been shown to reduce DHT and halt hairloss
Will not hault genetic hair loss what so ever. Depressing suggestion really.

slipy

Reaction score
You should try abstinence for the time being, it has been shown to reduce DHT and halt hairloss

no, it has not been shown to.

because

they're trying to squash the truth at all costs.

:eek:

no not srs

but then again, who knows?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I think most people who have been here a while grasp the brevity with which hair loss depresses me. Simply put it is the bain of my existence. It is the source for all my depression and anxiety. It is the one thing that prevents me from looking and feeling like a normal human being and as such, blending in and being able to conform to society. It alienates me and sets me apart from everyone else when all I want to do is belong. You can never escape it and the hatred it summons because wherever you go everyone's minds are bound by the same social apparatus. So I use drugs and play video games and do basically anything I can to dull the constant pain from this thorn in my side.

- - - Updated - - -

i feel you bro. tho i think women care less about it than we care about it ourselves.

Please don't propagate this myth. Telling white lies to make us feel better is only counter productive in the end.

slipy

Reaction score
I think most people who have been here a while grasp the brevity with which hair loss depresses me. Simply put it is the bain of my existence. It is the source for all my depression and anxiety. It is the one thing that prevents me from looking and feeling like a normal human being and as such, blending in and being able to conform to society. It alienates me and sets me apart from everyone else when all I want to do is belong. You can never escape it and the hatred it summons because wherever you go everyone's minds are bound by the same social apparatus. So I use drugs and play video games and do basically anything I can to dull the constant pain from this thorn in my side.

Reading something like that makes me want to rot in a cold ground.

because then comes the realization that no matter how much pain or for how long i've endured, it's only gonna get worse, provided that i live long enough.

resu

Reaction score
hair loss no longer depresses me, it's done, time for me to accept it and wait for a solution.

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that hair loss depresses everyone, especially if it is sudden. The thing is, there's nothing you can do about it, besides of course use the treatments provided, so try to not let it control your life.

You don't want to be 80 years old thinking about all of the years you wasted in your life, especially the good years, because you were embarrassed about your hair loss. Likely you will think that it was such a silly reason by that time.

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
hair loss no longer depresses me, it's done, time for me to accept it and wait for a solution.

This, regardless of hair loss of not we gotta enjoy what we have and remember there are far worser off people out there health wise.

Hair loss is naturally for now, and we still gotta get on with whatever makes us happy :)

Or just do what most guys do make some money and then have a party with some nice girls ;)

slipy

Reaction score
This, regardless of hair loss of not we gotta enjoy what we have and remember there are far worser off people out there health wise.

yes, an example of this is me. the average HairLossTalk.com should be thankful that he ain't me. male pattern baldness + health problems can literally make you go mad, i know im not far from complete insanity.

although in all fairness, if i had the privilege of choice i'd pick not being bald and having a relatively poor health, not the other way around.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Or just do what most guys do make some money and then have a party with some nice girls ;)

Oh, prostitutes? That's fulfilling.

And Slipy, I think most people would choose internal health problems to being bald simply because on the outside you would appear normal and be able to get along with everyone without any friction, fulfilling that strong social instinct to be accepted.
I am in relatively good health... besides my baldness people still think I am in my late twenties/early thirties when I am pushing forty. I'm tall and have a handsome face. I'm funny and a talented artist but even with all of that you would not trade in your NW3 and all your health problems for my NW5 and that speaks volumes.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

I would trade my 1.70 for 1.80+ bald, I have a good face I'm sure that all I need is the height to look good enough bald, even my father that is bald since his 20 with 1.82 allwayes looked good, we have soft and not intimidaiting face in our family that helps with baldness

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
I would trade my 1.70 for 1.80+ bald

Nah, you wouldn't. I bet you "wouldn't care about hair loss" if you were 30+ but it's not relly true. I'm 31, 190cm and even if I've accepted it, I still do care and always will to some degree. Even if I looked like Kelly Slater I'd still be depressed about it in terms of looks.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but I don't think you recognise just how much an advantage it is SOCIALLY to be tall, because you've never actually experienced being short in the dating game and don't realise just how much compensating short guys have to do to get attention.

If you're in that 180-190cm range, women will naturally and instinctively be drawn to you over the shorter guys. You have a naturally dominating and commanding presence.

Furthermore, women see height as an "admirable quality" in a man, just as desirable as a good head of hair.

Assuming you don't have a butt ugly face, you can still attract plenty of the best looking women if you're tall and you compensate in the right ways, i.e. dressing well, staying in shape, being confident, funny etc.

The same however is not possible for the majority of short, bald/balding guys... why??? because we have to compensate double time for lack of hair AND lack of height.... not easy trust me!

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Sorry guys, but I don't think you recognise just how much an advantage it is SOCIALLY to be tall, because you've never actually experienced being short in the dating game and don't realise just how much compensating short guys have to do to get attention.

If you're in that 180-190cm range, women will naturally and instinctively be drawn to you over the shorter guys. You have a naturally dominating and commanding presence.

Furthermore, women see height as an "admirable quality" in a man, just as desirable as a good head of hair.

Assuming you don't have a butt ugly face, you can still attract plenty of the best looking women if you're tall and you compensate in the right ways, i.e. dressing well, staying in shape, being confident, funny etc.

The same however is not possible for the majority of short, bald/balding guys... why??? because we have to compensate double time for lack of hair AND lack of height.... not easy trust me!

I agree.