Hair loss behind ears, and it itches...

HalpImBald

Reaction score
Guys I am losing a lot of the hairs behind my ears near my neck, this area is also very itchy...Is this natural progression , or could it be from stress/ or from my scalp being itchy? I've tried using Head and Shoulders but the itch stays.

Brains Expel Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Any peeling/dandruff specific to that area?

HalpImBald

Reaction score
Brains Expel Hair said:
Any peeling/dandruff specific to that area?

Yeah dandruff, but I am using dandruff shampoo. I can literally run my hands through that area and get hairs stuck in my fingers.

Brains Expel Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
You'd most likely want to see a skin care professional about the matter. It's definitely not a normal progression of anything except certain infections or other medical conditions.

oofah

Reaction score
I had the same problem for many years - lots of thinning and itching aroun d the ears and nape of neck but has started to fill in since I cut out sugar and started rubbing in aloe vera gel. I've tried the aloe in the past but it had no effect until I cut out sugar.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure hairloss above ears can be part of male pattern baldness process, just like temple loss. (temples, not hairline). I have it, and most of the male pattern baldness sufferers I know have the same.