Hair loss and the Kidney/Liver

G

I happened to come across a Chinese herbalist in a Chinese chatroom today and he says the major cause of hair loss is a weak kidney. He calls it kidney deficiency syndrome.

Is he talking rubbish or is there any truth to this? Can a test be made on your kidney to see if its healthy?

el_duterino

Reaction score
Re: Hair loss and the Kidney

Sure that makes sense.
It"s a well known fact that women, who never go completely bald, also never have the kidney deficiency syndrome.
And since we know that the hair at the side and back of the head are not directly connected to the kidneys, unlike the hair at the front, top or crown, this could be a perfect valid explanation.
Thanks for the info. :)

G

el_duterino said:
Sure that makes sense.
It"s a well known fact that women, who never go completely bald, also never have the kidney deficiency syndrome.
And since we know that the hair at the side and back of the head are not directly connected to the kidneys, unlike the hair at the front, top or crown, this could be a perfect valid explanation.

So perhaps Male Pattern Baldness is not only caused by DHT but perhaps a deficiency in the kidney? If this is so, it seems to be a massive, wide spread problem since many men have baldness at the top/crown/front...Can anyone add to this?

rusty_y2k2

Established Member
Reaction score

I think you missed the oh so subtle sarcasm in el duterino's reply...

Prevent99

Reaction score

el_duterino said:
Sure that makes sense.

HA! That was a great response! Loved It! Hilarious!

el_duterino

Reaction score

seriousely..before you consider a kidney transplant to save your hair, think about the following big flaw in this chinese logic:

Who said that loosing hair is a bad health condition ? I see a lot of very healthy, non smoking young guys at my gym but some are balding.
Baldness is not a sign of any health issue or deficiency.

Baldness is only "bad" from a pure cosmetic point of view, since most women prefer the look of guys with hair. And guys want to get laid...

It is purely genetic, like having blue eyes or a big nose.

The only thing you can do is to cut off the hormonal signal that is sent from your genes...using any of the anti-androgenic drugs.

G

I am not interested in a kidney transplant at all, I am just wondering if anyone thinks there is truth in this.

Thanks for your comments, but I consider baldness a disease. We are all born with hair and many maintain it, it's just 40% of men loss it, and this isn't right...

G

Anyone else can add to this?

I don't want to just throw Chinese medicine out of the window and treat it like it's b*lls*it. The Chinese are very clever people, why would some say this is this holds not an ounce of truth?

Rework24

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry man I had to laugh at this! What made it even more funny is that you didn't get he was yanking your chain

So perhaps Male Pattern Baldness is not only caused by DHT but perhaps a deficiency in the kidney? If this is so, it seems to be a massive, wide spread problem since many men have baldness at the top/crown/front...Can anyone add to this?

I think the phrase is hook, line and sinker....

G

We are all in the together, looking for a cure that's better than the current 2 FDA approved meds. I don't appreciate members on here making fun of mine or anyone elses theories, it is very disrespectful.

miwako

Reaction score
Replying to an old post but I just want to add that it is well known in Chinese medicine that your hair is an indicator of your hair health. If it's falling out, that is not considered healthy. I am not an expert but my father has practiced chinese medicine for over 40 years.

You can do some research yourself to find a Chinese doctor. There may be many other contributors but it's worth checking out in my opinion.

People who only subscribe to western medicine are missing out. The idea is to take the best of both worlds. Western medicine will only get you so far because it typically treats the disease after symptoms have shown.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
i value alot of chinese medicine, but the fact is they cant fix male pattern baldness anymore than we can.

fixing ur liver or kidneys may help the odd person loosing hair, but it wont do sh*t for male pattern baldness.

for example, i had male pattern baldness, but then got sick from toxic crap in factories, and had massive hairfallout and did liver/kidney cleanses, and my hair stopped falling out.

but i was still left with male pattern baldness, which is still receding.

so for 1 out of 1000 men, who legitamitly have hairloss caused by kidney liver problems, sure it might help their hairloss, but for anyone with genetics for male pattern baldness
it wont do anything.

but if ur hairloss is in the male pattern baldness shape (recession in front, and thinning on crown)
ur deluding urself thinking its anything else.