hair loss and lifting

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Hairloss definately occurs when you havent lifted weights before or havent lifted for a long time. The shock of lifting or just the sudden surge of testosterone just seems to trigger a major shed. But once the body gets used to lifting the sheds go away and your hair returns to normal. Its change in your body chemicals your dht effected hair doesnt like..

s.a.f

Reaction score

el_duterino

Reaction score
It has been scientifically proven that heavy weighlifting will significantly increase free testosterone levels.
This in turn will more or less affect the hair of the people who have androgenic alopecia.

But the levels will go down about 20 minutes after stopping the exercises.

I had a lot of shedding whenever i hit the weights very hard. I was on dutasteride, but it did not help as dutasteride will do nothing to prevent the increase of testosterone...

The solution: protect you follicules from testosterone, using a topical anti androgen.

those are: RU58841, flutamide, fluridil, spironolactone...

I apply flutamide or Ru about 1 hour before hitting the gym, so that my androgen receptors are blocked from the effects of testosterone, and as expected..no more shedding !

the Last Fight

Established Member
Reaction score
el you smart f*** ... now i just have to find one of those topicals? ... but isnt there an internal that would do the same

el_duterino

Reaction score
the Last Fight said:
el you smart f*ck ... now i just have to find one of those topicals? ... but isnt there an internal that would do the same

you don't really want to take those anti-androgen internally..low libido and other sides will be hitting hard.

..takes just 5 minutes a day to apply.

there is an new very powerful , oral drug that is being tested in the UK to cut target testosterone, for prostate cancer patients..but it might also have some issue in the libido dept.

the Last Fight

Established Member
Reaction score
How about tea tree oil, i hear its has anti-androgen prpoerties .. and true i dont need a low libido or any sides

el_duterino

Reaction score
i don't know about tee tree oil, it has not being tested for hair loss or side effects and might well be a just weak anti-androgen. I would stick to proven treatmements unless you are willing to gamble with your hair.

if you are afraid of side effects you can use Fluridil. has been tested for hairloss and has absolutely no sides. Easy to order and apply. a bit expensive but my hair are worth it.

I use 4 times the recommended amount and still have no sides.

barcafan

Reaction score
tea-tree oil is basically exogenous estrogen. I hope you like b**ch tits cause you'll get em.

Ash

Reaction score
I used to have massive sheds when I was lifting weights consistently. I changed the priority of my workouts from weightlifting to cardio with some weights and my hairloss slowed down. I know for sure that my hairloss was accelerated when I did bodybuilding style workouts.