Hair Is So Hard To Manage + Not Sure What To Do Next (pics)

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, 33 year old male

Been on minoxidil for 2 years with a clinic in London. They have shown me pictures every 3 months to compare and there has been improvement just I feel for 2 years it's not enough or amazing from before and after.

Anyways my current regime is Minoxidil 5% every morning. Minoxidil cream 12.5% every night targeting the templates and crown. I shampoo everyday with this (For last 2 months) - https://www.amazon.co.uk/ArtNatural...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ZJD1EC0WAA2A6GBKBFJM

My problem is - my temples as you can see. If you see white build up there, that is when the Minoxidil dries it leaves behind these dry flakes.

I feel only recently now I can see my hairline thinning too. (This is a new thing maybe just noticed in last month)

My hair is really hard to manage, just to style and manage it especially after the gym which I do 5 days a week. My hair in naturally thick and wavy, so recently whatever haircut I get it's just hard to manage, and I'm always conscious about my temples showing so I'm always trying to cover it but its hard.

Now and again I use Avocado Oil on my hair (Again recently) then I wash it out and blowdry, only then my hair kind of settles. I use hair thickening powders sometimes and they also help to keep it in place.

Note: I tried Finastride for a week and I didn't feel comfortable with it so I took it out and didn't use it again.

I've tried PRP twice, again not amazing results I was promised from it by the clinic I used and it's expensive.

What can I do at this position of mine? My confidence is so low, it takes me 30 mins to sort out my hair before I walk out of door then I am ok but I hate feeling like I have to do that, then always being conscious of the wind when you go outside.

Any help is appreciated

I have a clinic I'm a client of for minoxidil, I told them I am concerned about my hairline but they say it's nothing to worry about and they can only take pictures once every 3 months because if they do it now it won't show so much difference of what is really happening.

Attachments

• IMG_8547.jpg
    IMG_8547.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_8548.jpg
    IMG_8548.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_8549.jpg
    IMG_8549.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 242

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
First off, stop going to the hair clinic they are ripping you off big time, secondly get on finasteride. Thirdly, you still have what most here would consider a full head of hair, especially given your age. Try chill out a bit, we have members here who are completely bald and not even 25 yet. You are lucky. Get on finasteride.

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, I was on Finastride for a week and it didn't feel good being on it - sexual side effects - I told the clinic also about that t=and they said it's better not to risk it also.

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there anything else then Finastride?

So everyone who doesn't take Finastride, their sex life will go down and hair will go up is what your saying?

There must be an alternative to Finastride as even some clinics in Central don't offer it due to it being a drug and it's side effects

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Is there anything else then Finastride?

So everyone who doesn't take Finastride, their sex life will go down and hair will go up is what your saying?

There must be an alternative to Finastride as even some clinics in Central don't offer it due to it being a drug and it's side effects

Dude if you want a reply you need to hit the reply button on replies..

Theres other options to block dht.. but finasteride is the best and most available. If you get sides unlucky.

Kalash

Reaction score
Hey man, I was on Finastride for a week and it didn't feel good being on it - sexual side effects - I told the clinic also about that t=and they said it's better not to risk it also.

Sorry dude, but a week isn't long enough to say anything. Chances are it was all in your mind. You have two choices:

1) Take finasteride
2) Don't take finasteride

Option 1, you might keep your hair. Option 2, you will continue to lose hair if you're destined to lose hair.