Hair is not Life but it's Pretty Damn Close; HRT and Pictorial Posts Prove it.

How far are you willing to go to restore a full head of hair?

• Full-blown Feminization

Votes: 39 15.0%
  • Slight Gyno

Votes: 45 17.3%
  • Slight Breast Growth

Votes: 27 10.4%
  • Only "Male" Treatments

Votes: 90 34.6%
  • Dude, I won't even touch finasteride

Votes: 59 22.7%

• Total voters

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
@DogoDiLaurentiis random question for you, but in your experience does SP or beta sito reduce sebum and scalp inflammation? I just realized it also inhibits type 1 5AR
@Norwood @DogoDiLaurentiis For me I haven't noticed any benifit from Saw Palmetto either scalp oiliness or stopping Fine hair shedding
I take 160 mg 2x a day
Plus Nettle Extract 400 mg a day

Anyone tried Finasteride combined with SP, basically you would crush Type 1, 2 and 3 AR

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haven't tried that but it would be probably the middle ground between finasteride and dutasteride. Might work for people who want to avoid risking duta destroying their hairline?

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haven't tried that but it would be probably the middle ground between finasteride and dutasteride. Might work for people who want to avoid risking duta destroying their hairline?
I heard of that, but why would duta destroy the hairline ??

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I heard of that, but why would duta destroy the hairline ??
We have to be careful with the management of the patient, so it is always good to go to a professional.

There will be patients who will develop positive regulation of the AR receptor with this type of medication and will become even more sensitive to T / DHT (inflammation process)

You need to analyze it, some patients corticosteroid will help, other DHT blockers will help, other dosages of estrogen will help, you need to find the treatment that will work correctly for you .

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We have to be careful with the management of the patient, so it is always good to go to a professional.

There will be patients who will develop positive regulation of the AR receptor with this type of medication and will become even more sensitive to T / DHT (inflammation process)

You need to analyze it, some patients corticosteroid will help, other DHT blockers will help, other dosages of estrogen will help, you need to find the treatment that will work correctly for you .

I think the best path is probably corticosteroid/estrogen use, I do agree that androgen receptor blockers as well as androgen inhibitors may actually cause a reflexive response by the body that is undesirable.

... now to get my hands on some proper 17b estradiol...

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@DogoDiLaurentiis random question for you, but in your experience does SP or beta sito reduce sebum and scalp inflammation? I just realized it also inhibits type 1 5AR

I had to take a sh*t-ton of beta sitosterol for that to happen, and even then it can get worse. But I use finacea which I would like to get off of and use estrogen entirely.

Finacea does work at helping keep scalp oiliness down, but like I said I want to replace that with metformin (which I believe will treat that far better because I believe an oily scalp and acne on the scalp is more indicative of high insulin than just testosterone alone).

Put it this way, even as a kid I never had acne on my scalp, but now that my insulin is higher than it should be and my igf-1 is higher than it should be I have gotten it. Insulin is a critically overlooked hormone for skin and hair problems.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride is a drug that is rife with problems because doctors and even the company that produces it seems to have no reasonable f*****g idea as to how to prescribe it to people without a potentially high risk of doing harm.

Thing is I was kind of chubby when I was 15-16 I already know that my estrogen was pretty high, but I had extremely thick hair. I'd rather gamble on putting myself back in that hormonal state in relative terms and then tweaking everything to put both my physiology and hormonal chemistry all in some kind of relative agreement with one another that I find acceptable.

finasteride is just... I'm sure it has potential but until the company that makes it puts more money into research and makes that information public, I won't trust it. I'd rather take cyproterone or bica than take finasteride. finasteride made me feel like garbage and the curve of efficacy is really really steep, like you need to get down under a 0.5 mg for it to start being dramatically less effective, and taking 1mg is about as effective as taking 4mg in terms of what it's going to do (if anything at all).

What taking 4mg will do is overload your tissues with metabolites of the drug and possibly cause serious harm over the course of many months.

Ironically enough hormones are safer in my opinion, until a better and more importantly PUBLIC understanding of the parameters of finasteride are disclosed.

If merck or whatever wants to save this drug, they need to be up front and honest about how it really works and how it can best be applied and who if anyone shouldn't use it at all.

Not to mention, and I'll put my conspiracy hat on for this one:

I honestly believe the manufacturer of finasteride hires people to discredit critics and shill the drug on platforms such as youtube and in places like this, and that's just f*****g dirty considering what the drug is capable of. Put that money toward research and be honest about what it does, there will still likely be many men who will want to take it but we should be entering an age where disclosure about drugs and autonomy to use them should be accounted for.
It's hard for us non-sides people to understand but yeah, that sucks.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those interested in highly aggressive protocols, here is my current stack. I also derma-roll and use retin-A.

MPA 10 mg
Duta .5mg
Estrogel I use freely in enormous amounts
Estradiol 2XClimara 100's
Premarin 1.25 mg daily
Keto (rarely since MtF's don't have to wash our hair really ever
Topical Min
Oral Min 12.5 mg daily
Progesterone (Prometrium) Cycle ten days per month at 300 mg for ten nights. It is a soporific so most take at night.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
For those interested in highly aggressive protocols, here is my current stack. I also derma-roll and use retin-A.

MPA 10 mg
Duta .5mg
Premarin 1.25 mg daily
Topical Min
Oral Min 12.5 mg daily
Progesterone (Prometrium) Cycle ten days per month at 300 mg for ten nights. It is a soporific so most take at night.
Geez, Janey, you're blasting your body with stuff, be careful! :eek:

What about the high dose of min, when thinking about skin condition!?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Says the attractive man with ZERO hair loss:)

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since my divorce and endless custody battle, I have lots of time on here. Some nights, it seems as though I am answering every single question on Reddit and on here. I always answer every question when the person has no responses yet. Seems like I should get paid for content creation instead of those little numbers but eh, I feel a duty to help others since I have had essentially every single baldness experience including a shed to baldness and now wearing a wig/toupee. Anyway, thanks to all of you who post here. You are all my friends and I am here to serve so shy folks can PM me.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Geez, Janey, you're blasting your body with stuff, be careful! :eek:

What about the high dose of min, when thinking about skin condition!?
Lol. I don't BS. My skin is glowing and perfect. Oral Min does create beard fuzz that doesn't thrill me but I mean, come on, scalp hair has been the dream since I was 20 and much more so than any desire to be female. This is a vehicle to me to continue being very attractive into my golden years. Once a person pushes through the humiliation, you realize that it is better to be a hot-looking chick then to be a so-so guy especially for short folks like myself. I never liked plowing anyway, lol. My ex was either on top or we didn't have sex so eh, I was always sort of a bottom.

When people start treating you immaculately, it is a real rush but sadly for MtF's even passing won't do it. You have to be attractive as a cis-female as is KCMB and well, honestly as I am. I knew this would work for me for a couple of reasons. I am short and I am not broad and I was gorgeous in junior high and high school. I will address this more on my thread in the future as my primary goal for everyone is to increase attractiveness but as I often state John Belushi and Robin Williams had almost all of their hair at the end and Son of Sam had amazing coverage of completely ratty hair. And what about Bozo the Clown? Sorry, Larry, growing it out on the sides like that? Don't you have mirrors, which is another quotation that I love. MtF's always want to know if they pass and it's passive-aggressive BS. Anyone with mirrors in their house knows whether they pass or not.

1612671275343.png

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And can you imagine if Larry David had had transplants at this point? He would have looked great for about two weeks and then he would have hair on top and no fringe, well he lacks almost completely fringe now but his donor hair would have been falling out in chunks soon. Apparently both he and Rob Reiner worked on a project together and there was just hair blowing off their scalps all over the set.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's hard for us non-sides people to understand but yeah, that sucks.

I agree that it is extremely paradoxical as to why some people have horrific side effects on finasteride and some people can tolerate it, I would absolutely love it if merck would release more information on it so we the community could dive into it and figure these things out for ourselves.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree that it is extremely paradoxical as to why some people have horrific side effects on finasteride and some people can tolerate it, I would absolutely love it if merck would release more information on it so we the community could dive into it and figure these things out for ourselves.
It's a fine line between being dismissive and just not wanting to hear the some stuff over and over like my friend Mickey. He worked that thread for hours and hours.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score

MPA 10 mg
Duta .5mg
Premarin 1.25 mg daily
Topical Min
Oral Min 12.5 mg daily

Do you experience any sides with this regimen. Also do you take oral minoxidil lotinen brad. Do you know if we need a prescription or can we buy otc in the internet.

Regards

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you experience any sides with this regimen. Also do you take oral minoxidil lotinen brad. Do you know if we need a prescription or can we buy otc in the internet.

Regards
Good question. One thing that I mention of is the old Microsoft idea of calling bugs features. So in my view, estrogen has no sides. It does exactly what it is supposed to and I have always felt great. Now for a while I used spironolactone and that is the most side-ladened med in HRT in the short-run. It feels "icky" and that was what made me feel stereotypically weak like well a women but I guess I can say that. MPA works better in a more straightforward way with no sides that I have noticed over three years. Progesterone has no sides. R.I.'s either have sides or they don't but they have no sides for me and never have, only spironolactone. Keto destroys female hair so I seldom use it any longer but for guys, it has no sides since your hair has so much more sebum.

Oral min has sides but not really when you think how well it works and how much you want your hair back but mostly body hair growth which is a bug to me but maybe a feature for my eyelashes which have gotten much nicer even from latisse. Premarin is what I used to use which is controversial for long-term use as it comes from pregnant horses but some folks swear that it increases breast growth which is a bug for you but ultimately became a feature for me. One climara will get most people to adult female target levels of E2 and T. This is important because my thesis is that most regrowth occurs in a female environment so you mostly need to hit those levels to really turn on the hair growth so I am wearing two and they are steady state and work great but a little pricey but for us MtF's insurance covers all of us, so at least they treat us nice. I revisit these meds frequently because some of them are controversial among MtF's and some are difficult for the liver.

I am currently testing pushing first trimester pregnancy levels of estrogen since women's hair really improves then and although I hated spironolactone, I am glad to know about AA's from using it. Some friends on this thread got me to try castor oil but that was only three weeks ago so I can't say either way yet if ever. One thing is that my stack is so large and includes weekly derma-rolling that it can be hard to pinpoint what is doing what but that's a good thing when everything is working. For guys and those of us who want long-hair then this is it. Those experimental guys go around in circles and always come back saying "it should have worked but it didn't" and none of them can grow their hair long. I am separating myself from those threads because for most of us, they are a waste of time. You know like these breathless posts about a new med coming out in 2026. I am sorry but those guys make me sad....

Here's what they never bother to notice: Anagen matters in a huge way; scalp environments and skin environments of females are completely different. Notice boys have no trouble growing hair until their scalp environment changes too along with acne; growth and regrowth are two different things; coverage is irrelevant if the hair looks crappy. My way, like @bridegeburn's way will make virtually everyone more attractive and both of us look like completely different renovated people. He was a bald mountain man looking 27 year old and I was a used up 53 year old and nobody recognizes us anymore. He finally moved on so since I had followed him and knew just as much, I decided to try to do something slightly different in that people can ask me questions in an advice column format and I answer every one.

I advise people to get a metric dropper or measuring device and then pour the liquid min on the back of the tongue with the dropper. This way you have both topical and oral in one neat package that costs like six bucks per bottle.

Last edited: