Hair is not Life but it's Pretty Damn Close; HRT and Pictorial Posts Prove it.

How far are you willing to go to restore a full head of hair?

• Full-blown Feminization

Votes: 39 15.0%
  • Slight Gyno

Votes: 45 17.3%
  • Slight Breast Growth

Votes: 27 10.4%
  • Only "Male" Treatments

Votes: 90 34.6%
  • Dude, I won't even touch finasteride

Votes: 59 22.7%

• Total voters

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hm.. interesting. I've actually spent tonight researching fluridil/eucapil and had settled on the idea of trying that at some point, but your mention of shedding and not rrecovering is a concern as I definitely don't want that. I just want some sort of topical DHT inhibition with no risk of sides or altering internal DHT levels. That's why I'm personally not interested in oral finasteride (even though i know it would give the best chance of keeping my hair), and of course am not interested in anything more demonising either. I'm a strength athlete so things like high testosterone and DHT are very important, and I also just don't want to tisk sexual function either.

At the moment I've just started dermarolling once per week and using keto 2% shampoo three times per week. I was thinking maybe I could then add fluridil and perhaps a growth stimulant like minoxidil or stemoxydine then. (Actually had a bad experience with minoxidil so I guess it would be stemoxydine even though again I know this is mild).
I am not against those things as adjuncts but you do want at least one thing proven to work for say most people like keto. I would add Selsun Blue and maybe an aspirin-based dandruff shampoo and castor oil and polysorbate 80 from Amazon. These will work against inflammation and might work as maintenance all by themselves. Then if you want to consider adding a couple of things, I will try to see what might be synergistic and worth the time, effort and money.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I feel down on this hair is life issue, I listen to "This is your Life by Tyler Durden". It tends to help me stay on track and not fail to realize that it's how we deal with adversity that makes us "men" and "women".

"I want you to hit me as hard as you can," life, cause life is no match for what I have inside of me....

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
To me, Brad Pitt is up there with the Beatles in terms of seeming to have a charmed existence on a completely different level from most of us. Is this related to accumulated karma or is it the opposite? Because icons end up belonging to the world and not to themselves.

jd_uk

Reaction score
I am not against those things as adjuncts but you do want at least one thing proven to work for say most people like keto. I would add Selsun Blue and maybe an aspirin-based dandruff shampoo and castor oil and polysorbate 80 from Amazon. These will work against inflammation and might work as maintenance all by themselves. Then if you want to consider adding a couple of things, I will try to see what might be synergistic and worth the time, effort and money.
When you mention keto as a proven treatment, do you mean even the 2% shampoo? This is what I just started using three times per week along with dermarolling once per week. I've used the shampoo for years off and on but never consistently (months off at a time and then back on it) and I definitely have lost ground and have thinned over the last 6-7 years, but I plan to be consistent now. Dermarolling is totally new to me.

I'll take a look at the Selsun blue shampoo. How often would I use that? And the castor oil/polysorbate 80? Is the castor oil a separate product from polysorbate 80? Just to maintain would be good but if I could get even like 10% regrowth in the thinner spots then that would also be great. Still not sure about fluridil and/or stemox...I'd like to at some point. One thing is that in normal times (non pandemic) I like to travel and I wonder how I could travel across borders with the various solutions and if that would even be possible. I guess that is where finasteride tablets is much more convenient but like I say I need to keep my internal DHT as close to normal as possible.

Thanks for the replies...it's much appreciated.

jd_uk

Reaction score
When I feel down on this hair is life issue, I listen to "This is your Life by Tyler Durden". It tends to help me stay on track and not fail to realize that it's how we deal with adversity that makes us "men" and "women".

"I want you to hit me as hard as you can," life, cause life is no match for what I have inside of me....
I wasted so much time and energy feeling terrible about my appearance/hair etc. It's crazy how much it probably affected me in ways..relationships, things i avoided, even jobs that i couldn't focus on because my mind was elsewhere. As I get older it's important too that I don't let that sh*t define me anymore. Yes I want to try and maintain what I have if I can or maybe even if I'm lucky make some gains, but I can't let it be my focus. Is important to remember that there are people in the world in much worse positions than me who are happier and more successful in ways simply because of their mindset.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you mention keto as a proven treatment, do you mean even the 2% shampoo? This is what I just started using three times per week along with dermarolling once per week. I've used the shampoo for years off and on but never consistently (months off at a time and then back on it) and I definitely have lost ground and have thinned over the last 6-7 years, but I plan to be consistent now. Dermarolling is totally new to me.

I'll take a look at the Selsun blue shampoo. How often would I use that? And the castor oil/polysorbate 80? Is the castor oil a separate product from polysorbate 80? Just to maintain would be good but if I could get even like 10% regrowth in the thinner spots then that would also be great. Still not sure about fluridil and/or stemox...I'd like to at some point. One thing is that in normal times (non pandemic) I like to travel and I wonder how I could travel across borders with the various solutions and if that would even be possible. I guess that is where finasteride tablets is much more convenient but like I say I need to keep my internal DHT as close to normal as possible.

Thanks for the replies...it's much appreciated.
Castor Oil is separate. It costs about 15 bucks on Amazon and you only need like three drops a day. It's unproven but many have touted it as "improving" hair and it lasts a long time. Polysorbate 60 and 80 are surfactants that might help with yeast overruns and dissolve excess sebum.

Most guys need to wash their hair once a day at least but you can wash first with Keto and then follow up with Head and Shoulders or Selsun or any blue dandruff shampoo. I think H&S is the nicest in terms of being less harsh. Derma-rolling definitely from 1.5mm to 2.5mm once weekly. Don't press too hard. It won't hurt if you draw blood but it appears unnecessary. Some used to encourage hard pressure that could create a bloody mess.

Traveling with meds rarely an issue but you can take a break for a week or two fine if you don't want to haul stuff around or use mini bottles. Those other meds can be expensive, hard to get and of eh importance and quality. If money is no object than sure that might be synergistic.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wasted so much time and energy feeling terrible about my appearance/hair etc. It's crazy how much it probably affected me in ways..relationships, things i avoided, even jobs that i couldn't focus on because my mind was elsewhere. As I get older it's important too that I don't let that sh*t define me anymore. Yes I want to try and maintain what I have if I can or maybe even if I'm lucky make some gains, but I can't let it be my focus. Is important to remember that there are people in the world in much worse positions than me who are happier and more successful in ways simply because of their mindset.
Absolutely and I am like, to some folks, why be suicidal? Start jumping out of airplanes or travel through the jungles of Central America or hop a train somewhere for an adventure, even join the French Foreign legion. If we have our health then we have the opportunity to remake ourselves all over again and for me, coming out as non-binary and as Janey is something that probably wouldn't have happened without my experiencing a couple of harsh blows from life.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Inflammation and Hair Loss:

Why do I focus so much on hair quality as opposed to hair counts and mere coverage? It's because of the strong correlation between loss of hair quality and incipient hair loss:

As can be seen from the summary of scalp abnormalities, the most common manifestation to hair emerged from an unhealthy scalp is an altered cuticle with evidence of surface pitting, roughness, cuticle rigidity, or breakage. In some cases, the impact is manifested as shine reduction. In addition to the physical changes, there are biochemical alterations observed in hair emerged from an unhealthy scalp, with both protein and lipid components affected, most commonly by oxidative damage.[17,61,66,67]

Finally, a number of observations have found that premature hair loss may be caused by the poor scalp health associated with either dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis,[62,63,64] or psoriasis,[68,69] indicating that the effect on the preemergent hair fiber may alter the anchoring force of the fiber with the follicle, as evidenced by an increased proportion both of catagen and telogen,[74,75] and of dysplastic anagen hairs (anagen hairs devoid of hair root sheaths)[75,76] in the trichogram (hair pluck).

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long should you let Selsun lather before rinsing it out?
That's a good question. Maybe 10 minutes? I used keto today and it stripped all the moisture from my hair even with conditioner. I might need to try a dandruff shampoo for women.

jd_uk

Reaction score
Castor Oil is separate. It costs about 15 bucks on Amazon and you only need like three drops a day. It's unproven but many have touted it as "improving" hair and it lasts a long time. Polysorbate 60 and 80 are surfactants that might help with yeast overruns and dissolve excess sebum.

Most guys need to wash their hair once a day at least but you can wash first with Keto and then follow up with Head and Shoulders or Selsun or any blue dandruff shampoo. I think H&S is the nicest in terms of being less harsh. Derma-rolling definitely from 1.5mm to 2.5mm once weekly. Don't press too hard. It won't hurt if you draw blood but it appears unnecessary. Some used to encourage hard pressure that could create a bloody mess.

Traveling with meds rarely an issue but you can take a break for a week or two fine if you don't want to haul stuff around or use mini bottles. Those other meds can be expensive, hard to get and of eh importance and quality. If money is no object than sure that might be synergistic.
Thanks. What would you say would be a good routine with these then?

Currently my very basic routine goes:

Sunday - nizoral 2% morning (, dermaroll evening with 1mm but pressing fairly hard (some blood spots but more redness).

Monday - normal shampoo

Tuesday - normal shampoo

Wednesday - nizoral 2%

Thursday - normal shampoo

Friday - nizoral 2%

Saturday - normal shampoo

So nizoral 3 times per week and I leave it on for around 8-10 minutes each time. I deliberately leave 2 days without using it after dermarolling as I don't want to risk keto going systemic.

Where should I add the selsun blue and/or castor oil etc here?

Thanks

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Sunday - nizoral 2% morning (, dermaroll evening with 1mm but pressing fairly hard (some blood spots but more redness).

Monday - normal shampoo

Tuesday - normal shampoo

Wednesday - nizoral 2%

Friday - nizoral 2%

So nizoral 3 times per week and I leave it on for around 8-10 minutes each time. I deliberately leave 2 days without using it after dermarolling as I don't want to risk keto going systemic.

Thanks
You wash your hair 7 days a week?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
New Progress Pics:

Wrong time of day for my bathroom but I hadn't posted for a while. These are a bit washed out color-wise and hair-wise, lol since I used Keto on my hair this morning and it just strips it bare of moisture. Like @bridgeburn, I might just stop entirely from washing my hair since I probably lack inflammation. Hair is getting longer and beginning to frame my face. I could still use more volume but the hairline in the center is filling in nicely. I derma-rolled hair, face, palms, soles of my feet, arms, neck and a couple of other things last night with my 2.0mm gauge roller. I ordered ten more tubes of Estrogel and a couple of tubes more of Retin-A from my Thai vendor. I think the micro-needling and the Retin-A are working well for my face.

Attachments

• IMG_2194.JPG
    IMG_2194.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2195.JPG
    IMG_2195.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2196.JPG
    IMG_2196.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2197.JPG
    IMG_2197.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2198.JPG
    IMG_2198.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 82
  • fullsizeoutput_3f4.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3f4.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2201.JPG
    IMG_2201.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2202.JPG
    IMG_2202.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2203.JPG
    IMG_2203.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2204.JPG
    IMG_2204.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2205.JPG
    IMG_2205.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2206.JPG
    IMG_2206.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2208.JPG
    IMG_2208.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2209.JPG
    IMG_2209.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's see if I can straighten out that one pic. My hair is more baby-fine still than adult female. So people can see my progress. The first pic here shows pretty much my pre-shed nadir with my painful and disfiguring dermatitis followed by my NW7 from the fall of 2019. If people claim that I haven't had substantial regrowth, I think that this makes it pretty clear that regardless, shed or not, I have come a long way. The pic in the red shirt is August of last year.

1614026898865.png
1614026945502.png
1614027119468.png

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_3f4.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3f4.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

jd_uk

Reaction score
New Progress Pics:

Wrong time of day for my bathroom but I hadn't posted for a while. These are a bit washed out color-wise and hair-wise, lol since I used Keto on my hair this morning and it just strips it bare of moisture. Like @bridgeburn, I might just stop entirely from washing my hair since I probably lack inflammation. Hair is getting longer and beginning to frame my face. I could still use more volume but the hairline in the center is filling in nicely. I derma-rolled hair, face, palms, soles of my feet, arms, neck and a couple of other things last night with my 2.0mm gauge roller. I ordered ten more tubes of Estrogel and a couple of tubes more of Retin-A from my Thai vendor. I think the micro-needling and the Retin-A are working well for my face.
Definitely a huge transformation.

Though isn't one of the benefits of keto that it could inhibit DHT to some extent too?

jd_uk

Reaction score

Monday - normal shampoo

Tuesday - normal shampoo

Wednesday - nizoral 2%

Friday - nizoral 2%

Thanks
@JaneyElizabeth any ideas on this?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You might be giving me too much credit since I see that you have been a member since 2009.
The Castor oil I have used once on my scalp and it can be used that way but most use 5ml daily or less which is just a few drops. Don't use too much or you will have gastric discomfort. Can you remind me of your whole regime? I am sorry but so many email me now which I love but believe it or not, I am already the person with the second most sent messages in the history of the site and not that far behind Bridge. It's always nice to know where folks are from and their age.