Hair is not Life but it's Pretty Damn Close; HRT and Pictorial Posts Prove it.

How far are you willing to go to restore a full head of hair?

• Full-blown Feminization

Votes: 39 15.0%
  • Slight Gyno

Votes: 45 17.3%
  • Slight Breast Growth

Votes: 27 10.4%
  • Only "Male" Treatments

Votes: 90 34.6%
  • Dude, I won't even touch finasteride

Votes: 59 22.7%

• Total voters

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It really is baffling how fearful people are of shedding. I get it, but at the same time it's just like anything else. If you want to get in shape and build muscle you're going to be sore. Everything has a cost to it. Results that are significant often require significant changes. There's tons of documentation on people shedding and regrowing after (at least on finasteride and minoxidil). Everything goes in cycles. People want immediate results and often fail to make the sacrifices required to progress. 1 step back 2 steps forward.
My current recommendations are that people have a hair system or a wig as a back-up if said folks are unable to present with temporary hair loss. I am not certain but it seems that sheds in a male context are far more serious and difficult to recover from than those caused by HRT.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My current recommendations are that people have a hair system or a wig as a back-up if said folks are unable to present with temporary hair loss. I am not certain but it seems that sheds in a male context are far more serious and difficult to recover from than those caused by HRT.
Yeah I'm sure they are. What I'm seeing as the problem for a lot of guys is probably too many changes on a regimen too soon. One guy will go from something like finasteride+bica to minoxidil+flut over a few months, plus some other changes, and wonder why his hair is falling out.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure they are. What I'm seeing as the problem for a lot of guys is probably too many changes on a regimen too soon. One guy will go from something like finasteride+bica to minoxidil+flut over a few months, plus some other changes, and wonder why his hair is falling out.
Yes. the guys on the @bridgeburn site were switching all of the time even before six months.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
More Fun Party Tricks with Estrogen

People ask for beauty tips or "what's my secret?". Well, another "secret" is combining Retin-A with Estrogel and on micro-needling nights, also with topical minoxidil. Estrogen appears to work great as a tretinoin carrier. One of them or both have completely cured my nasal rosacea and all of the tiny red bloods vessels have disappeared from view. This also partially accounts for my youthful facial appearance, which even to me is somewhat uncanny.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding is Temporary

Why does it happen?

Although we do not know exactly why shedding occurs, the most likely explanation is due to how the hair follicle “organ” operates. Hair follicles are relatively inflexible in their anagen (hair-producing) state. In response to additional stimuli the growing hairs may be able to increase their growth rate or increase the diameter of the hair fiber produced a little, but it is not possible for a hair follicle to undergo big changes in size while producing hair fiber.
What ends up happening is that the follicle gets hit with a growth stimulant like Minoxidil and is given a very strong signal to change size (expand) and increase activity. The rule of the follicle is that it must then stop, and start over. The existing hair is ejected, the follicle goes into dormancy. It begins to restructure its processes to produce a thicker, stronger hair that can produce a bigger (thicker) hair fiber.

Shedding is a sign that the Treatment is Working

It may sound counter-intuitive, but this is one of the most important truths you’ll learn on this site: Shedding means the treatment is working. When Rogaine is applied to stimulate hair follicles, the follicles must first regress. They shed the old fiber, reprogram themselves into larger follicles, and start producing new, improved hair fibers. This inevitably leads to a temporary shed phase. Simply put: you’re seeing your hairs respond to treatment. Its unfortunate that the first sign of new hair growth is the process of “losing” even more of it, but that’s the way it works, even with Antiandrogens, DHT inhibitors, and even Androgen Blockers.
shedding-dormancy.jpg

Shedding is a Good Sign

Every Type of Hair Loss Treatment Can Cause Shedding​

There is a belief among some dermatologists that an initial shed phase when first starting to use a treatment for hair loss is inevitable regardless of the treatment used. Because of the hair follicle’s inflexibility in changing the nature of hair growth mid stream, for any drug to promote hair growth it must involve hair follicles entering telogen (dormancy) to rearrange themselves into a larger follicle under the influence of the drug. This is why you’ll often hear that if you’re on a legitimate hair loss treatment, you should expect a shed.

Bob on website.com told me the shedding will NEVER STOP

There are a few who claim that using treatments like Propecia and Minoxidil can cause a persistent shedding that lasts longer than the first three months.
While there is no hard research evidence to support these claims, it is always possible that an individual may have an adverse reaction to a drug. We are each unique because of our different genetic make up and the different environments in which we live.
Likewise, there can also be confounding factors. For example, the owner of this website (me) experienced shedding for a full 11 months after starting Propecia. This was when I was a hair-loss-newbie however, and nobody had told me about the mandatory use of Nizoral Shampoo, or a similar Ketoconazole-based shampoo, 3x a week. It was the excessive inflammation going on in my scalp that was responsible for the continued shedding. Once I got that under control, Propecia was freed up to do its job, and my shedding stopped.
In general, it is most likely that many of the claims for persistent shedding actually come from those who are experiencing the expected shedding in the first 3 months, have not been consistent with their dosages, or have been continually adding or taking away from their treatment regimen.
shedding-temporary.jpg

This guy rode out his shed.

But I think I have Telogen Effluvium!

Telogen Effluvium is one of those strange concepts in the “hair loss” world. It’s thing everyone wishes they had, because it’s associated with a guaranteed lack of permanence. Many hair loss sufferers with traditional male or female pattern baldness want to believe they have Telogen Effluvium (Telogen Effluvium), because it provides a glimmer of hope that the whole ordeal is just temporary. Unfortunately, Telogen Effluvium, by definition is a condition that occurs in response to serious traumatic shock to the system as a whole. It is not a something that will happen without any abnormalities going on in your life.
Things like chronic debilitating stress, extreme malnutrition, certain medications, and chronic serious illness are the most common causes. There is no way to know for sure how long shedding will last with Telogen Effluvium. Increased shedding occurs in response to a trigger factor. If exposure to the trigger is brief and there are no other contributing factors then the shedding may last for around 3 months and then recover so that 6 months later the hair is pretty much back to normal.
However, if the trigger factor hangs around, like chronic stress or illness, then the shedding may persist. The hair follicles can get into a habit of short, truncated growth cycles, producing short hair that falls out after a few months. This results in a high shed rate – although the hair loss on the scalp need not progress much.

Shedding Versus Hair Loss: Net Loss

If you walk away with one thing from this article, let it be this: Counting hairs does not indicate anything. The appearance of the shed hair and the rate of shedding is not very important, although it may be disturbing to see. Everyone sheds hair daily whether affected by hair loss or not. You can shed up to 100 scalp hairs a day without having any scalp hair loss. A few people may shed more than this but still not develop baldness.
To understand the development of hair loss the main factor to consider is the rate of hair growth and replacement, not so much the rate of shedding.
Some people have a high rate of shedding but also a high rate of hair growth. The result is no net loss of hair on the scalp. Some people have a low rate of hair shedding and a low hair regrowth rate. The result is similar: no net loss of hair.
The problem comes when someone sheds hair at a faster rate than it is replaced. This is the scenario where baldness develops.

Guys, you probably know a girl or two who sheds like crazy, but has a thick head of hair. This is an example of high growth and high shed rate, balancing out. Conversely, you can have a normal or even a low shed rate and still develop baldness. If the hair is being shed faster than it regrows then alopecia will develop. So the amount hair shed each day/week/month is a poor diagnostic indicator of hair loss. To define alopecia you must look at what is left on the scalp. Not what’s laying on your floor.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats! That's incredible! Like I've been telling people, the thing about minoxidil is that during the original studies on it for blood pressure, they had no idea it was going to impact hair, but it ended up being a random impossible-not-to-notice side effect. Sure, it's definitely not for everyone, but if the goal for someone is to get some serious regrowth then it should definitely be in the regimen. I would have to assume that the increased blood flow would also increase anagen. I might be wrong or right on that, but all I know is that my hair quality on OM alone is better than on finasteride even with topical min.
This kinda gives me hope for GT20029. Thank you for sharing experience! :)

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wanted to express some thoughts.. (When it comes to the Topical Application of Hormones)

First thing: Progesterone (or maybe other hormones as well???) could cause (or maybe not-Source 3) a thing called "dermal fatigue" (disrupting the absorption topically of the hormones and other hormones as well) :
1)https://www.progesteronetherapy.com/does-progesterone-disrupt-other-hormones-and-dermal-fatigue.html
2)https://www.progesteronetherapy.com/dermal-fatigue.html
3)https://natpro-progesterone-cream.com/what-is-lorem-ipsum/
From Source 3:"One way of finding out if you have dermal fatigue, is to drastically drop your progesterone intake for a few days, before increasing it again If you experience oestrogen symptoms during that gap, you can be reassured that her receptors were working fine and that you do not have ‘Dermal fatigue"

Second Thing
: The role of a progestogen/progestin in a combination with Estrogen.

As we know, contraceptive pills, like Diane-35, for example, are having a combination of CPA+EthinyEstradiol (Progestogen (AntiAndrogen as well)+Synthetic Estrogen). Does it make sense that if you are using an Estrogen (E2 or EE or E3) constantly and daily will it lead to dermal fatigue, or better: How to control/balance the excess amount and not mess up the things? That's when the Progestogen comes in and plays its role? A progestogen (progesterone derivative) is antagonizing the Estrogen, as progesterone does. So, I guess that the excess amount of Estrogen is getting controlled/balanced by the Progestogen. So, that make sense to use a combination of both for better results? There are plenty of success stories from combining CPA+Estradiol ( Progestogen+Estrogen). If the excess amount of Estrogen causes disruption and over upregulation to the Estrogen receptors, then the Progesterone receptors (coming from Progesterone or the Progestin) are going to balance the excess amount which occurred, called something like: "Estrogen Receptor Resensitization". Therefore, by regulating the Progesterone Receptors, you will downregulate the Estrogen Receptors, then, your body organization will upregulate again the Estrogen Receptors (The downregulation will mimic a condition of deprivation into the receptors then, the Estrogen Receptors are going to upregulated again. You catch the point->Balance). So, maybe a combination of both is better than one alone, and maybe cycling (due to the long half-life of E2 and CPA as well) to avoid this phenomenon of dermal fatigue, side-effects, etc.? (Talking only for Topical Application--Example: Bi-Estro+Progesterone or Bi-Estro+CPA). What's the real deal here?

(Forgive me if I didn't explain it well. I tried as much as I could plus sorry if I made mistakes in my text. Thank you for your time, appreciate it.)

Last edited:

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is GT20029?
AR degrader, it not just blocks youe AR, but even degrades it to not-existant. It just got approval for first clinical trial. In vitro it should stop further progression and allow endogenous E to bind to E receptors.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wanted to express some thoughts.. (When it comes to the Topical Application of Hormones)

First thing: Progesterone (or maybe other hormones as well???) could cause (or maybe not-Source 3) a thing called "dermal fatigue" (disrupting the absorption topically of the hormones and other hormones as well) :
1)https://www.progesteronetherapy.com/does-progesterone-disrupt-other-hormones-and-dermal-fatigue.html
2)https://www.progesteronetherapy.com/dermal-fatigue.html
3)https://natpro-progesterone-cream.com/what-is-lorem-ipsum/
From Source 3:"One way of finding out if you have dermal fatigue, is to drastically drop your progesterone intake for a few days, before increasing it again If you experience oestrogen symptoms during that gap, you can be reassured that her receptors were working fine and that you do not have ‘Dermal fatigue"

Second Thing
: The role of a progestogen/progestin in a combination with Estrogen.

As we know, contraceptive pills, like Diane-35, for example, are having a combination of CPA+EthinyEstradiol (Progestogen (AntiAndrogen as well)+Synthetic Estrogen). Does it make sense that if you are using an Estrogen (E2 or EE or E3) constantly and daily will it lead to dermal fatigue, or better: How to control/balance the excess amount and not mess up the things? That's when the Progestogen comes in and plays its role? A progestogen (progesterone derivative) is antagonizing the Estrogen, as progesterone does. So, I guess that the excess amount of Estrogen is getting controlled/balanced by the Progestogen. So, that make sense to use a combination of both for better results? There are plenty of success stories from combining CPA+Estradiol ( Progestogen+Estrogen). If the excess amount of Estrogen causes disruption and over upregulation to the Estrogen receptors, then the Progesterone receptors (coming from Progesterone or the Progestin) are going to balance the excess amount which occurred, called something like: "Estrogen Receptor Resensitization". Therefore, by regulating the Progesterone Receptors, you will downregulate the Estrogen Receptors, then, your body organization will upregulate again the Estrogen Receptors (The downregulation will mimic a condition of deprivation into the receptors then, the Estrogen Receptors are going to upregulated again. You catch the point->Balance). So, maybe a combination of both is better than one alone, and maybe cycling (due to the long half-life of E2 and CPA as well) to avoid this phenomenon of dermal fatigue, side-effects, etc.? (Talking only for Topical Application--Example: Bi-Estro+Progesterone or Bi-Estro+CPA). What's the real deal here?

(Forgive me if I didn't explain it well. I tried as much as I could plus sorry if I made mistakes in my text. Thank you for your time, appreciate it.)
One thing about CPA is that it is indeed a progestogen and a progestin but it works like an AA. MPA is in that same class of meds but works to lower T in general. One really interesting thing about the article re sheds by the site's owner is that he explains what happens in beneficial sheds as I call them. The diameter of the follicle begins to change too quickly causing inflammation and leading to shedding. He states that Keto can reduce the inflammation and help with this. That article has a lot of key points re shedding.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
AR degrader, it not just blocks youe AR, but even degrades it to not-existant. It just got approval for first clinical trial. In vitro it should stop further progression and allow endogenous E to bind to E receptors.
None of those ever seem to pan out and I would be worried about it going systemic. I assume it is another topical. You are in Germany; have you tried Alfatradiol?

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
None of those ever seem to pan out and I would be worried about it going systemic. I assume it is another topical. You are in Germany; have you tried Alfatradiol?
It is much stronger than RU and very potent, and it doesnt go systemic. The company focuses on overexpressed AR conditions (Androgenic Alopecia, Prostate Cancer, Acne Vulgaris) for years. Let's see what they will come up with.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is much stronger than RU and very potent, and it doesnt go systemic. The company focuses on overexpressed AR conditions (Androgenic Alopecia, Prostate Cancer, Acne Vulgaris) for years. Let's see what they will come up with.
Alfatradiol is pretty much sh*t lol.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep us updated on this. Interesting stuff!

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
It does sound really dangerous if it went systemic though.
Yes it would be, even small amounts can destroy the AR totally, thats why it has such a potential for acne and male pattern baldness.

But the company said that its safe and just acting locally.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it would be, even small amounts can destroy the AR totally, thats why it has such a potential for acne and male pattern baldness.

But the company said that its safe and just acting locally.
There probably needs to be a lot of testing on carriers and dosage

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course then there's people like 'whatevr' on here who talk about epitestosterone being important to hair growth which would need the AR present

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
There probably needs to be a lot of testing on carriers and dosage
Chinese companies are fast with that, not like the western ones aka Cassiopea. Breezula is actually sh*t, pretty weak AA. An AR degrader will outperform Breezula by miles lol

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course then there's people like 'whatevr' on here who talk about epitestosterone being important to hair growth which would need the AR present
Then explain me how people regrow hair with AA + Estrogens.