Hair is not Life but it's Pretty Damn Close; HRT and Pictorial Posts Prove it.

How far are you willing to go to restore a full head of hair?

• Full-blown Feminization

Votes: 39 15.0%
  • Slight Gyno

Votes: 45 17.3%
  • Slight Breast Growth

Votes: 27 10.4%
  • Only "Male" Treatments

Votes: 90 34.6%
  • Dude, I won't even touch finasteride

Votes: 59 22.7%

• Total voters

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is somewhat contradictory, because many CIS guys like me, arrive here and hope to find a cure without any "price".

The great truth is that before you see hair growth you will see other systemic effects regarding the increase of estrogen in your body, the hair cycle takes a long time to occur and you need to leave adequate levels of E and T in this period otherwise you will not have growth , and it will be inevitable to feel feminizing effects due to the time that the body will be in another state for hair production.

The question goes back to the beginning of the topic, until when are you willing to arrive?

I hope it was clear
You are becoming both my acolyte and instructor.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my opinion, for folks not yet close to 200 pg/ml, improvement will only be slow and gradual without oral minoxidil. I only started that in October having never seen regrowth, just maintenance from topical min. Oral minoxidil could be a game-changer and slightly change my aphorism that estrogen is always needed to awaken dormant follicles. I am only about three months in so I shall see but again, I already see a lot of new blonde hair coming in and folks using oral minoxidil, derma-rolling, estrogen and either an AA or testosterone blocker, and dutasteride like me, might struggle to attribute results. In an MtF context, who cares as long as the hair is back but cis-guys need to know much more precisely what does and doesn't work for them to make decisions related to HRT and continuing on that course. Incremental growth is the goal when starting out at least without oral minoxidil or lack of results on the scalp from oral minoxidil, which might still happen in ten percent of men or so. Once a female scalp environment is achieved, then things should go better with improvements in micro-flora and quality if not actual regrowth.
Since I won't be taking extra estrogen, I won't have a female scalp. I have no dead follicles. But my hair is so thin that it is useless. I doubt that they will ever increase their diameter and become as thick as on the back of the head. Even @bridgeburn hair didn't get thick. Yes, they are long, but still miniaturized

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am also from the CIS.
I know that there will be no regrowth if estrogen is not added. My goal is to stop progress, not grow. I assume that Bicalutamide in a dose not exceeding 50mg in combination with Finasteride is the golden mean of feminization / effect. At such a dosage, as far as I know, gynecomastia appears, which can be removed from the surgeon once and for all without any problems. Other side effects are decreased sebum production and other small changes that won't make you a woman
Эстроген я юзать не собираюсь. Ищу вариант, который не приведет к сильным последствиям, но при этом остановит прогресс. Я лысею с 16 лет, в таких случаях даже Дута как аскорбинка
This is true in terms of maintenance. I and others have already had good maintenance on dutasteride which I continue to take, but some guys don't experience good maintenance on finasteride/dutasteride or it finally seems to fade in efficacy after ten to 15 years which was more my story. So yes, in that context as a male, especially with oral minoxidil, you are pretty secure in your belief that you won't lose any more hair. And in the history of baldness, going back before 1986 or so when topical min appeared, there hasn't even been any way to either slow or halt baldness so we have come light-years in treatments for cis-males. We will see what the sentiment is about oral minoxidil now that the word is getting around about drinking Kirkland and that it works just like loniten. You don't need a prescription or a money order and Kirkland and the other versions of liquid minoxidil are safe for internal use and dirt cheap. Best of luck and I hope you will continue to post, plus you might very well see improvements in hair that just would have gone out of cycle with out finasteride/min. It isn't exactly regrowth which involves awakening already dormant follicles but in a male context who cares what you call it? You might also see improvements in anagen length and from your hair all coming together in a more jointed anagen phase which should promote thickening and ability to grow hair longer.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since you are 18, be on the lookout for any pain in your hip area. If you get womanly hips from elevated E2 that's not something you can fix with surgery
Gergely, aren't you on bica at 12.5 mg? Or whom am I thinking of. Anyway many MtF's do use bica at only 12.5 mg by scoring the pills and for MtF's such a lowered dose is recommended. Then again since MtF's probably stay on AA's for long periods of time, avoiding AA's or large doses is more important. Generally though, MtF's only need estrogen for maintenance and can drop the AA's which are controversial to begin with related to only using estradiol by just using maybe a bit more.

Last edited:

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are there any known side effects on the heart? I am warned of tachycardia and an increased risk of heart failure

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The next problem is that because Bicalutamide preserves, rather than grows, we cannot know if it does its job for the hair. Baldness progresses nonlinearly, there is a plateau, even if nothing is done. I might think that I have no progression throughout the year thanks to Bicalutamide 25mg, but in fact it will be a coincidence. And then I will feel much worse and I will understand that I was wrong. I already ran into this on Finasteride, added Dutasteride and again I don't know if it stops. I doubt
Therefore, taking 25mg and not having research on this dosage for hair, I run the risk of getting worse. And when I jump to 50mg, I will not return the loss, because Bicalutamide only preserves

If I could initially know what circuit I needed, I would have saved Norwood 1 without any problems and not wasted time and hope. But unfortunately, I slowly increase the power of the healing and, mistakenly, pay for it with another Norwood without a chance to fix it. I paid dearly for my mistake, so I am tempted to use 50mg in the end. But I am also tempted to get the effect of 25mg and not get gynecomastia. I will fear for my hair, but this risk can help my followers. I consider myself a follower of @Ein . It's a shame he doesn't visit this site. I would like to ask him questions
He? (looks like an attractive female in their pic) used to post on the @bridgeburn thread. I tried to contact her but she isn't visiting the site very much anymore based upon her post history and last time viewed, which might have been last October. This person would be a welcome source and helpful so I hope he replies to me but sometimes, people are just done and if they keep coming back, they get all involved again when they want other things now in life, having their hair back!

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will definitely keep the forum updated. People as rare and desperate as me are rare. Any information is very valuable. I can save other people, it inspires me

I have a suggestion that the so-called "sheds" on Finasteride are simply the progression of baldness. In any case, I will be ready for this and will not stop treatment.
Bicalutamide is hard to get in my country. Perhaps I will only sit on it in September. Wait for news at the end of 2022. I will start saving money for breast surgery and pray that I will not get worse before the fall. I am using Dutasteride, but I think it is helpless. Finasteride has already proven that it cannot stop the progression. Duth is unlikely to be much different
You would be surprised. Desperation is common especially among younger guys on Tressless who often at least claim suicidal ideation. Paradoxically maybe, those who were most attractive with hair can go from prom king to incel in as little as two or three years or even less, which is simply devastating.

One day, I could get away with all sorts of amusing obnoxious comments with women and then all of a sudden, nothing doing, some of which I probably imagined but if I hadn't found polysorbates which I refer to frequently, I might have ended up one of those guys who never leave the house with possibly no friends male or female. That's how much it can change your personality and cause desperation. I had a botched transplant, way too young at 24 and I am still recovering from that with a second minor one just to hide the defects and remove the donor area which was far too overused which should have been apparent at the time. Now the derma-rolling is doing amazing things for my scar tissue but I was so desperate (my father has Ronald Reagan hair) that I didn't think things through and I had no idea some people scar much more than others. You are far from alone in your feelings about not losing any more ground.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
He? (looks like an attractive female in their pic) used to post on the @bridgeburn thread. I tried to contact her but she isn't visiting the site very much anymore based upon her post history and last time viewed, which might have been last October. This person would be a welcome source and helpful so I hope he replies to me but sometimes, people are just done and if they keep coming back, they get all involved again when they want other things now in life, having their hair back!
I will never leave this forum. If there is no news in 2022, it means that I lost my hair and went outside through the window.

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We have a very good group here, self love together with high values.

Let's go ahead.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I don't get worse in the next 8 months, it will be a difficult choice. I won't know if Dutasteride has stopped progress, or is it just a coincidence. I also want to not just stop, but also get an improvement. In short, I think I can't avoid using Bicalutamide anyway. It turned into insanity
If I find a way to get medicines in my country, I might jump on it in the coming weeks.

I don't even know if there is any point in waiting for a miracle on Dutasteride. Maybe I should take Bicalutamide right now ...

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will never leave this forum. If there is no news in 2022, it means that I lost my hair and went outside through the window.
Yeah. I wonder sometimes what I would do if I now had a massive shed but for people who re-establish hair via estradiol, the hair is fully restored and not dependent on any particular med, even estradiol. In my view, restored dormant follicles have been healed by estradiol so if someone sheds, the follicles are still viable so a return to baldness should take fairly long and with dutasteride, folks might keep such hair for a while. There's guy named Noah now testing whether one can "go back" to just dutasteride and maintain. But none of that minoxidil-dependent or finasteride/dependent nonsense on the estrogen side except for the extensive linking of the anagen phase which is terrific for non-balding people and females in general but maybe not so much for cis-males since if the hair is all in the same phase, shedding might make it all fall out at the same time, such as originally happened to me, but terminal hair is terminal hair and seems to indicate the re-emergence of healthy dermal papillaries which for now, only estradiol can do.

But yeah, I would be embarrassed in front of my readers a bit and definitely it would be tragic if I had to wait much longer to be presentable as a female with my own hair. As a male, I am already completely satisfied with my restoration.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Castor Oil, First Application to the Scalp Followed by Derma-rolling with it in.

Castor oil seems like a marginal treatment to me but my hair does need conditioning from the drying effects of Estrogel and maybe derma-rolling will make it work somehow better. I am also ingesting approximately 3ml daily and if I can tell any difference going forward, I will try to articulate what Castor Oil seems to do and whether it is more of a distraction for most folks, a viable treatment or just a beauty treatment as the bottle seems to indicate. Nothing wrong with beauty treatments but selectivity is key because there are so many now that truly work like Retin-A, injections, fillers, micro-needling the face but facial masks, nah not worth it and even the people at the place I go say that PRP is pretty eh.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gergely, aren't you on bica at 12.5 mg? Or whom am I thinking of. Anyway many MtF's do use bica at only 12.5 mg by scoring the pills and for MtF's such a lowered dose is recommended. Then again since MtF's probably stay on AA's for long periods of time, avoiding AA's or large doses is more important. Generally though, MtF's only need estrogen for maintenance and can drop the AA's which are controversial to begin with related to only using estradiol by just using maybe a bit more.
I'm on 25mg but i started with 50mg and stayed on it for 6 months. Although i don't think it's that relevant since i was constantly on E2. I'm channeling them 60's hairstyle rn :D

60's.jpg
IMG_20210110_171446.jpg

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm on 25mg but i started with 50mg and stayed on it for 6 months. Although i don't think it's that relevant since i was constantly on E2. I'm channeling them 60's hairstyle rn :D

View attachment 154645View attachment 154646
I only meant that it could be relevant in terms of avoiding sheds. Otherwise, as I say, MtF's have an advantage in that they can sort of throw the kitchen sink at the problem because they don't fear the high enough estradiol levels probably needed for full hair restoration. And they can hid beneath a wig for months and months waiting the shed out. Guys don't have wigs to use really as a back-up because they won't wear wigs or toupees, well mostly not but there's nothing wrong with it for a little while if it helps a person get to the other side of the shed towards being chemically female. I am convinced that estradiol follicles aren't dependent upon any other med for maintenance except for perhaps the shedding upon all hair being in anagen together. Once estradiol creates terminal hairs, they are just like 16 year-old hair in terms of having viable dermal papillaries. So someone switching back to a chemically-male body like Noah, should start with hair that could be maintained with dutasteride with some diminution in anagen, the temples and "niceness" but still nice attractive male coverage is what Noah currently has and one year counting.

You are an important case in terms of the feedback you provide because you started this very young which shows HRT works for hair restoration really as soon as someone begins to bald. Second, you don't experience as much the rejuvenating effects of estrogen because you aren't old so that is different but boy, are they substantial. I had used up my male form and HRT has essentially rewritten every single tissue save bone. No more back or neck pain and the skin adapts to something wonderfully different and better from head to toe with very little body hair and then there's the hair and the facial feminization effects which can be substantial for some and so HRT and estradiol in particular really seems almost like magic to me. I guess you won't have to have much beard removal either and that alone takes ten years of any guy's face.

I like your different pics and I am going to say on the right, you look like Greg Brady whom you might not be familiar with but for Americans, the Brady Bunch were highly influential in terms of setting style plus mildly funny so they play it incessantly in re-runs and there have been three different movies, I think. Greg Brady was the oldest son and his hair got progressively longer and curlier as the show goes on, where in my opinion, without any hair loss at all, he looked much less attractive--unlike you. his curls weren't loose like yours or @bridgeburn.

All three of the Brady Girls were hair idols for me and I brush my hair, even my wig when applicably thinking of Marcia Brady doing her 100 strokes per side. All three wore their hair straight down and were very blonde. Marcia was gorgeous. They all held out for too much money after year five and they got canceled but they keep coming back although the three adults on the show have all died. They had a second series that was terrible for a couple of years in the late 80's, I think. Bobby Brady won out for best hair with his pageboy haircut which I also had until I was 14 meaning I only got 3 years of using my hair the way that I wanted to, meaning grow it long and impress girls. I literally noticed early at age 18 that my hair all of sudden didn't look good long and then at 20, it didn't even look good short, well not like it had . I missed out somewhat in my 20's although I bedded many chicks anyway. I was still a cute lawyer but the trend was getting worse and worse so I "jumped ship" from being male. This term shows my guilt at leaving my fellow XY's since being a male is so crappy in almost every way.

Anyway, Marcia Brady? Anyone infatuated with her or want to be her? <Janey raises her hand twice>

Last edited:

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Marcia was hot.

On the estrogen thread, it was discussed that estriol had the relatively highest affinity for the beta receptors which seem to be primarily responsible for hair growth in the estrogenic pathway. However, its absolute affinity for the receptors in general is obviously much less than estradiol. Perhaps part of the reason estradiol is more efficacious is because it is powerful enough to be functioning as an antiandrogen in some capacity? This may explain why some may get results on estradiol alone, whereas I've seen members claim they don't get any results on estriol. Thus, if on estriol, or something mostly estriol with a little estradiol like bi-estro, maybe it is imperative to also be on some sort of antiandrogen? This is something I'm currently experimenting with, with RU and bi-estro, so time will tell, but was just curious as to your thoughts on this theory.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Marcia was hot.

On the estrogen thread, it was discussed that estriol had the relatively highest affinity for the beta receptors which seem to be primarily responsible for hair growth in the estrogenic pathway. However, its absolute affinity for the receptors in general is obviously much less than estradiol. Perhaps part of the reason estradiol is more efficacious is because it is powerful enough to be functioning as an antiandrogen in some capacity? This may explain why some may get results on estradiol alone, whereas I've seen members claim they don't get any results on estriol. Thus, if on estriol, or something mostly estriol with a little estradiol like bi-estro, maybe it is imperative to also be on some sort of antiandrogen? This is something I'm currently experimenting with, with RU and bi-estro, so time will tell, but was just curious as to your thoughts on this theory.
My current thought is that anyone who can reach 200pg/ml and stay at that level for 18-24 months is very, very likely to experience full restoration or close to it, using only estradiol in any of the various forms. As long as they hit this target with say 9 ng/ml say, I think that it "turns on" hair almost like a light switch in a binary all or nothing pattern, meaning very little noise away from whatever the chosen sum is.

Good question about the AA's. This where I think people get mixed up but it seemed to me that certain marginal hair improvement occurred well below adult female targets for me. It just wasn't very apparent to others, so some receptors are marginal and might get turned back on incrementally but not the vast majority so then you have to jump to female target levels to get the female hair. It appears true of facial feminzation that it also requires hitting targets except for around the eyes and almost everybody feminizes around the eyes and it is apparent early.

So as we reach our plateau on/off level for targets, those below those levels might only be able to turn on hair regrowth via AA's which spoof the higher E2 and T levels needed by blocking receptors to essentially trick the body into beginning female hair growth. AA's don't grow hair on their own but like lower levels of estrogen, they activate some marginal hair receptors. But in terms of hair restoration, meaning newly visible terminal hair from bald scalp, nothing can do that but estradiol even if she needs the AA's to hit targets. It's subtly different but for some/most gals now, they can easily hit targets so Estradiol should be enough on it's own. What's changed is the movement from synthetics and non-human forms of estrogen found in Premarin and Ethinyl Estradiol. These were more powerful somewhat but they presented large risks when used long periods so doctors started limiting dosages to the point where MtF's weren't feminizing. So it's not the AA that is every really needed. People have to hit targets and for many people, middling T and E2 is fine for others types of feminization so they don't realize they aren't hitting targets and missing certain benefits.

When Rob wrote his article on HRT and Hair Regrowth in September of 2017, a couple of different MtF's argued asking hair regrowth being possible which seemed bizarre to me. And many MtF's get hair transplants which makes me cringe unless we are talking about one tiny area but at least give estradiol a chance at higher levels. So last month and really the four or so before that, I have been pushing cis-female first trimester estrogen levels at over 2,500pg/ml because being pregnant is good for hair and it might accelerate things or promote more restoration since pregnancy is associated with great hair.

Finally, I would predict that all sheds occurring when moving in an MtF medical direction are good things and the body's best means of shrugging the male hair all off and starting together with "female hair" all starting anagen in unison. This is conceivably better and more efficient than gradual shed and so should be simply endured if hair restoration is the ultimate goal regardless. I was at just the right point to throw on the wig, but cis-guys don't want to wear wigs and they don't want to be bald for the next year at working or wherever, riding the shed out.

So, in this context, maybe I am stuck in the middle. One, sheds are horrifying and take a long time to grow back so that argues again higher levels of AA's but if sheds are actually all benevolent when moving close towards adult female target, then they should be encouraged, almost. Otherwise, how does the new hair link up in anagen. So this different way of looking at things currently fascinates me. But look at @bridgeburn; he was active between 18 and 24 months and he was obviously hitting targets the whole time when we list his meds and later use of SL estradiol. I think now that might be the general key and we just ignore sheds and have a prior plan for how to ride one out for approximately 8 months for me before it was no longer patchy so either hats, a system or a wig or if you think that sprinkly stuff works before so you won't desist and ruin your results.

Last edited:

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I like your different pics and I am going to say on the right, you look like Greg Brady whom you might not be familiar with but for Americans, the Brady Bunch were highly influential in terms of setting style plus mildly funny so they play it incessantly in re-runs and there have been three different movies, I think. Greg Brady was the oldest son and his hair got progressively longer and curlier as the show goes on, where in my opinion, without any hair loss at all, he looked much less attractive--unlike you. his curls weren't loose like yours or @bridgeburn.
I hope not, barry williams kinda looked like a lumberjack caveman

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope not, barry williams kinda looked like a lumberjack caveman
I remember when he had a goat in his room and both he and the father looked ridiculous. I think they were bad perms because Peter all of side got curly too and none of the four were related. Good ol' Bobby maintaining hair and good looks awards in both category. I really looked cute in my Bobby Brady hair cut, which is basically a bowl haircut or called a pageboy haircut or even a prince valiant, with the thick bangs and no part.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember when he had a goat in his room and both he and the father looked ridiculous. I think they were bad perms because Peter all of side got curly too and none of the four were related. Good ol' Bobby maintaining hair and good looks awards in both category. I really looked cute in my Bobby Brady hair cut, which is basically a bowl haircut or called a pageboy haircut or even a prince valiant, with the thick bangs and no part.
I botched that reply because Barry was really cute during the early seasons similar to you now. You just have similar hair from a side view but I really meant to say Bobby but my medication sometimes promotes inattention to detail. Next we will discuss whether weed, sorry, flower is good for hair?